• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

.52 Gal Deco: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
.52 Gal Deco

Lv Unlocked:
Lv. 11

Cost:

Shop Description:
"A bedazzled .52 Gal shooter. Your opponents may laugh at you...until you run them down with Seekers and the almighty Inkstrike."

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Mid
Damage: High - mid
Fire Rate: Low - mid

Sub:
Seeker

Special:
Inkstrike

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the .52 Gal Deco.

Last edited:

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Is...anyone using this? I really wanna see, i doubt it'll be as good as the Aerospray in turf wars, in fact, i think the Aerospray and .52 gal are on totally opposite ends of the shooter spectrum, and therefore it would promote a different kind of play. The .52 gal shoots slowly, plus each shot uses a lot of ink, so unless you stack ink savers, I'm curious to see if you can shoot more than like, 3 shots after deploying a Seeker.

This has the potential to be a hidden bedazzled gem, but I wouldn't know! I hope someone take s a shine to it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am using it and I love it. One of my favorite shooters. Is both a great killing tool, but still has a lot of painting ability because it isn't too slow and the seekers help with refueling and spreading their own ink.

Inkstrike is always good for crowd control.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
Its a real threat in pvp, you will have a tough time winning a firefight with something like the splattershot Jr even if you surprise them since you will die in a couple hits.

Uga-Chan!!

Inkling
NNID
Auteka
I agree, fellow Decos. When I first received the .52 Gal at level 5, the only thing I could think about is how much I hate the sub and special weapon set it comes with. My jaw proceeded to drop to my feet when I saw the amazing loadout of the .52 Gal Deco at level eleven. Paired with the all mighty Inkstrike and probably the best sub in the game, I knew my freshless days were over.

Now please let me proceed to why I think the .52 Gal Deco might trump most other shooter-type weapons.

RANGE+STRENGTH=WIN!

That is all.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Uses too much ink per shot and the sub could be better, in my opinion. Not a very mobile weapon due to lack of ink coverage.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I think i'll try this one out for a ride next time i play. :)

Gals are pretty darn powerful to be honest, i always lose a firefight to skilled ones.

Life

Senior Squid
I expounded on general .52 Gal play over in the thread for the original version of this weapon; the original is better at zone control through being really threatening, while the .52 Gal Deco is pretty much a straight-up hunter's weapon due to Seeker over Ink Wall, but is more vulnerable to attack for the same reason. Inkstrike is arguably the best special in Turf War if you use it in the last few seconds of the game.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
It's great when used in a well-composed team. A whole team of it in Turf Wars might not be wise.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
It's hard to score points with this in turf war just because of the fire rate, but I do enjoy using it sometimes. It's my go-to weapon for Splat Zones, however. Seekers have proven to be very useful, and the Deco's decent range and good damage are good for taking people out. Not to mention the Inkstrike can be pretty insane in Splat Zones. I've found myself getting 1st or 2nd on my team a lot in Splat Zones when using this set. Plus, I just love that the game calls it a "bedazzled" version of the .52 Gal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom