• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Aerospray RG: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aerospray RG

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
Lv 13 + Boss 3

Cost:

Shop Description:
"An Aerospray MG with variant sub and special weapons courtesy of Sheldon. Give foes a nasty surprise with Ink Mines, or drop an Inkstrike on them when they least expect it."

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Low
Damage: Low
Fire Rate: High

Sub:
Ink Mine

Special:
Inkstrike

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Aerospray RG.

Last edited:

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Probably the best weapon to use to level-grind due to gaining a lot of turf for Turf Wars and very deceptive sub/special loadout to keep the opposition guessing were you're going to strike at. A reasonable disadvantage is their subpar range and power, which makes the RG more ideal to ambush-style approaches. It'll be a tricky exchange with Gal and Splattershots, but taking down Quelchers and Splatterscopes must be respected with their range until up close. Otherwise, the RG and Ink Mines can cover most Rollers very effective and well-timed Inkstrikes can cause the opposing team to be constant watch of their maps.

Meloetta

Senior Squid
Nevermind this post. I was wrong :P

I'm glad to see this not being used as much though!

Last edited:

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
I really love this weapon now, I grew so used to it, I now score a consistant of 1000+ P with ease without the victory points that is.
I've been using it for maybe 2 weeks now.. but it's so lovely, altho it does take 4 shots to kill someone it isn't that bad, if you dodge their shots and just dance around them a bit or just take them by surprise and kill them , and it fires so smoothly, and covers a lot of ground fastly 'cause of its fire rate.

Edit:
Let's not forget about the sub weapon, the mine is really handy if you have some nice spots to place it, like down the spot saltspray rig, the enemy base if they jump down, just put a mine there for someone.
Aswell as the Inkstrike, another great thing to just either target people, or throw it in a random spot near the enemy base where it's all covered to rack up some EXTRA points if you didn't think you had enough yet.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Yeah, this seems like the perfect Let's-Grind-For-Money-And-Gear-Experience-Or-Whatever-That's-Called weapon since it sprays so quickly and it has Inkstrike for dropping veritable swirling maelstroms of ink with great frequency. I'm not sold on Ink Mine though, I'd much rather have a sub-weapon I can attack people with, but that's just my personal prefrence. The only real problem with this weapon is that the shots don't go very far and you need to hit with a bunch of 'em to splat someon, both of which are negated by going up close (but exacerbated by trying to shoot from near the edge of your range, since its shots spread out a lot).
I prefer the new Splash-O-Matic for grinding (SUCTION BOMB RUSH, IT PRACTICALLY CHARGES ITSELF), but until that came out this was my go-to weapon when I went into Turf War to get sub-ability slots on new gear (and it still kinda is, I just switch between the two).

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
In turf wars it is a fantastic weapon. In ranked, not so much.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Good for grinding some cash and experience in Turf War for sure...but a bit overused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom