• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Back to SCL Tournament Feedback Thread

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I'll also drop a Results thread after the tourney too. you can use here or that thread for feedback. This thread is solely for feedback, though, so I'll be looking for it more.

Go on, Hit me with your best shot. I can take any criticism, and I'll only cry a little.

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
This was an excellent opening tournament for the SCL. Best of 3 was definitely sufficient to allow the stronger team to advance, and kept the timeframe reasonable. Single elimination wasn't a problem, since the teams who lost were able to play against each other for ladder seeding afterwards, which is a nice consolation. Signups only lasted a few days, but it was enough to fill the tournament, with maybe one exception.

10/10 would play again anyday.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Definitely a great tournament. While it was sudden, yes, I feel like with maybe a week's notice or so would be beneficial. However, I feel like this next time you should put more of an emphasis on teams who are already in the SCL, since I'd personally rather not see random teams signing up and then dissipating for tournament's sake. This is a SCL tournament, not just another tournament.

While there wasn't that many people in the skype chat/tournament this time around, I think if you did expand (I'd rather not see it go to 32 teams, but hey, just an opinion) I'd suggest running a Discord server just so everything is in one place. It just seems like a better idea in my opinon.

Great job, guys! Keep up the good work!

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I agree that this is an SCL tournament and that random teams that will disband immediately after might not have a place in it. For instance, we debated on even allowing SS Jokers to sign up because it was very clear that they were a temporary team.
Right now, though, what's most important is getting our name out there and attracting new teams to sign up. Perhaps once we have a larger userbase, we will further restrict which teams will enter but I think that isn't the right direction to go right now.

And should Skype prove too unruly we will certainly look into discord or irc or something

Njok

Bouncer
Should probably not have 1 skype chat for both spam and important rules. I might have missed some stuff because i couldn't be bothered to read back over 200 messages.

Also, I'm personally not a huge fan of the banning system and would prefer mode rotation. For example, we banned zones because we wanted to play tower control and were pretty sure every opponent would ban rainmaker (it blew up in our face and we got crushed on TC twice but oh well :P) and i'm pretty sure that's what a lot of other teams did as well. For map picking i don't really have a good suggestion.

Other than that, i think it all went pretty well and thanks for organizing it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom