• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Booyah Battle!

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker

ATTENTION, CITIZENS OF INKOPOLIS! A SPECIAL EVENT IS COMING TO BOOYAH BASE, HELD BY HYPEST TOURNAMENTS AND /R/SPLATOON! ALL SQUIDS SEEKING FAME AND GLORY ARE NOW INVITED TO COMPETE IN A SPECIAL EVENT! THERE, THEY WILL DISPLAY THEIR SKILL, THEIR PROWESS, AND ABOVE ALL, THEIR TEAMWORK! THE WINNER SHALL BE REWARDED WITH PRAISE! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING AS WE REVEAL THE DETAILS OF THIS WONDROUS EVENT!

>>>SIGNUPS<<<
40 squads have signed up

A SQUAD MUST CONSIST OF 3-8 PEOPLE, WHERE ONLY 4 PEOPLE FROM EACH SQUAD MAY PLAY!

YES, THIS DOES MEAN YOU CAN COMPETE WITH A SQUAD OF ONLY 3 MEMBERS!

ON THE DAY OF BOOYAH BATTLE, WE REQUIRE YOUR PRESENCE IN THE FOLLOWING DISCORD CHANNELS SO THAT YOU MAY BE IN COMMUNICATION WITH THE TOURNEY ORGANIZERS!

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP WITH YOUR CHALLONGE NAME AND TEAM AS WE WILL BE USING THE CHALLONGE APII

>>Public Room TBA<<
>>Captains' Room TBA<<

IF YOUR ENTIRE SQUAD IS NOT PRESENT, OR GOES MISSING, WE WILL DISQUALIFY YOU!

BATTLE FORMAT IS BEST OF 5 DOUBLE ELIMINATION!

FOR EACH MATCH, A MAP POOL OF 7 STAGES FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST

EACH MATCH WILL CONSIST OF A BEST OF 5, WHERE THE FOLLOWING MODES CAN BE PLAYED

FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE PROCEDURES OF THE MATCH AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS RULES FOR THE BOOYAH BATTLE, PLEASE REFER TO THE RULES BELOW!

>>>THE RULES<<<

THE WINNING TEAM WILL RECEIVE ONE MONTH OF REDDIT GOLD EACH! FURTHERMORE, THE TEAMS PARTICIPATING WILL BE OFFICIALLY RANKED ON THE SUBREDDIT, SO SHOW YOUR BEST EFFORT!

FURTHER PRIZES WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS THE BOOYAH BATTLE APPROACHES!

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO THIS URGENT MESSAGE! PREPARE FOR THE BOOYAH BATTLE!

Reddit Post

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
We might have to delay this for a week because the new Splatfest was literally announced the moment after I posted this. Stay tuned for updates.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
This looks fantastic and thank you for the competitve gamemodes. Discussing w/ my team as I type this out.

Does my entire team need a reddit and challonge? If so that's a crazy redicolous burden.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
This looks fantastic and thank you for the competitve gamemodes. Discussing w/ my team as I type this out.

Does my entire team need a reddit and challonge? If so that's a crazy redicolous burden.
We're requiring this because we're creating rankings for our events based on Challonge API, so having a challonge account helps out a lot with this. For the officiaal Brackets, we'll also be sending out invitations to the teams via Challonge to help make signup go smoothly.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
We're requiring this because we're creating rankings for our events based on Challonge API, so having a challonge account helps out a lot with this.
A reddit too? I'm the only member on my team who uses it.

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
This looks and sounds great! Just need to get all the info ready for our team :P

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
A reddit too? I'm the only member on my team who uses it.
This tournament was made in conjunction with r/rSplatoon, so we'll be doing a lot of our communication there. I know this does seem like a bit of a hassle, but this is something you'll just have to sign up for once, and for future events, it'll be easier to sign in.

EDIT: I've put in a thing on the form concerning the reddit username, so it's no longer required to have one. Just put N/A

Bwarb Bwarb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BwarbbBwarb
Maybe I could get some friends together for this. We're not a clan or even competitive Splatoon Players of any nature, but it would still be a fun time! :)

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
I am a doof and forgot that challonge had a team signup option.

Signup link changed and is now much simpler.

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
Is there anyway to integrate the groups tab on Squidboard with this instead of everyone signing up for Challonge? My entire team is signed up already through here, it's going to be a pain to get everyone linked up on challonge

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Splatfest doesn't effect private rooms
It may affect people wanting to do splatfest instead of attending Booyah Battle. Either way, we pushed it a day after.

Is there anyway to integrate the groups tab on Squidboard with this instead of everyone signing up for Challonge? My entire team is signed up already through here, it's going to be a pain to get everyone linked up on challonge
Technically you just need 1 person to sign up for challonge in order to register a team, although it will only show you in it. The reason we're using challonge is because we use it for rankings, bots, and other fun things. I don't know about linking groups to challonge accounts or if that's even possible, but it shouldn't take much effort to create an account.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
It may affect people wanting to do splatfest instead of attending Booyah Battle. Either way, we pushed it a day after.

Technically you just need 1 person to sign up for challonge in order to register a team, although it will only show you in it. The reason we're using challonge is because we use it for rankings, bots, and other fun things. I don't know about linking groups to challonge accounts or if that's even possible, but it shouldn't take much effort to create an account.
Anyone taking Splatfest over your tournament is a casual and you should disregard their thoughts and opinions! Good luck with the tourney, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Bwarb Bwarb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BwarbbBwarb
Anyone taking Splatfest over your tournament is a casual and you should disregard their thoughts and opinions! Good luck with the tourney, I'm sure it'll be fun.
I strongly disagree with your post. I'm sure that a lot of competitive players would want to partake in Splatfest; for fun or to get Super Sea Snails, and would simply go to a different tourney on a different day. And to disregard the thoughts and opinions of casual players! You'd be surprised with how many casual players like myself would like to play in a tourney for some fun. If this tourney was on Splatfest then it would have less participants and would be completely over-shadowed by bigger tourneys like Ink or Sink.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
I strongly disagree with your post. I'm sure that a lot of competitive players would want to partake in Splatfest; for fun or to get Super Sea Snails, and would simply go to a different tourney on a different day. And to disregard the thoughts and opinions of casual players! You'd be surprised with how many casual players like myself would like to play in a tourney for some fun. If this tourney was on Splatfest then it would have less participants and would be completely over-shadowed by bigger tourneys like Ink or Sink.
I was being facetious, m8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom