• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Carbon Roller: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Carbon Roller
wst_roller_compact00.png

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
-WIP-

Cost:

Shop Description:
"A strong, lightweight roller made from carbon fiber. Superb mobility means it spreads ink and delivers attacks with unparalleled speed."

Type:
Roller

Stats:
Range: -WIP-
Painting Speed: -WIP-
Handling: -WIP-

Sub:
wsb_bomb_handy.png
Burst Bomb

Special:
wsp_supershot.png
Inkzooka

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
File name:
wst_roller_compact00

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Carbon Roller.

Last edited:

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
A roller with an Inkzooka? That sounds kinda interesting.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
I'm very interested in this weapon, so I'm looking forward to testing it out. Not sure about burst bombs on a roller, but we'll see. I have a feeling the deco is going to be the better of the two. I still can't wait to see how this feels.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This and the ELiter-3K will be my mains, with the Rapid Blaster Deco as my secondary. Although I may switch to the Deco depending on what the sub is, since Burst Bombs on both could be repetitive.

Nonstop_Bop

Inkling
Pros:
  • Bombs and Inkzooka give this set more range than Krak-On
  • Roller itself could have better stats than Krak-On

Cons:
  • No OP kraken
  • We don't know it's stats yet

I'll buy this and try it out, but... ehhh

Xeiros

Senior Squid
Yes, we do know its stats. I posted them earlier. To sum it up for you, the Carbon Roller has the third fastest painting speed of the roller category behind only the Ocotbrush and inkbrush. Its splash damage caps at 125 however it has the worst max splash range of all the rollers, but the third quickest swing speed which is basically the time it takes your inkling to lift their roller into the air and swing it downwards or in a brushes case swipe it sideways once. In essence, this is the roller to choose if pure speed rolling is what you're after.

Last edited:

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
~14 frame oneshot
~54 frame 2shot (backswing kills it)
<30 frame burst+flick kill

flick deals 100+ damage at about 1 line, very fast falloff after that. flick animation is 9 frames, travel time is 3-5 (as in individual paint flicks land over a 3 frame period)

this is definitely a combo-oriented weapon, flick -> roll, flick -> burst, burst -> flick, burst -> roll etc etc. you should not be killing with two of the same thing in a row

also I felt like a krak-on on crack, it was ridiculously fast

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is like the roller I always wanted. What with it being fast and more mobile. Got to actually try it out on the field first though.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
rather odd weapon (like any roller that isn't the standard one), more than likely will have to get the user creative with burst bombs, jumps and approaches to get close to actually kill. or possibly could go for spreading ink and only fighting when special is up, inkzooka is underrated anyways. mobility is nice on it and unlike the ink brush you can run through enemy ink with out worrying about actually being slowed down by it, it can paint walls better too which is nice in a pinch
This is like the roller I always wanted. What with it being fast and more mobile. Got to actually try it out on the field first though.
any roller is a roller I want

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
So I tried this out today and I have to say, its cool but I dont see the reason for the hype. I main the Ink Brush and the Krack-on roller so I figured this would be an interesting addition to the weapons I use but I feel like It doesnt have enough killing power for what it is; perhaps Im just used to the regular rollers OHKO roll over and melee.

I feel like the Carbon Roller is fast but not as fast as the ink brush(It also has the same exact range, length-wise, as the brush. The brush has a wider range though), and powerful but lacks power compared to the regular roller so theres not much point to using it imo. I mean I do appreciate them giving it burst bombs(which I feel like the ink brush could have benefited from as well) and the zooka but 2 hours in so far, its not really cutting it for me, but considering it just came out I definitely want to give it a chance.

Im an open minded guy though so Im gonna try it out a bit more to see if im just too accustomed to the other 2 rollers to jump into battles with this weapon and expecting it to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
as a roller who learned to cover turf through flicking, this weapon confuses me, but kind of in a positive way?

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Having played with it for a bit, I can say this is the Roller I've always dreamed of. I never really liked the other ones (bar the Inkbrush) due to their clunkiness, and my inability to duck and dive with them when face-to-face with enemy dudes. This has got the manueverability and options to make me very happy.

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
This is what we were expecting when we thought of the Inkbrush. It sacrifices range for sheer mobility, and it does it in all the right ways. You can still cover big areas without spamming your melee attack, which is great! Running over an enemy will no longer splat them, but will instead deal 70 damage. The melee attack is still an one-hit splat, though, and the burst bombs can be used to ward off enemies from a range.
I get the feeling that this is a very user-friendly roller, especially for players who normally don't gain much from using a roller.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This is what we were expecting when we thought of the Inkbrush. It sacrifices range for sheer mobility, and it does it in all the right ways. You can still cover big areas without spamming your melee attack, which is great! Running over an enemy will no longer splat them, but will instead deal 70 damage. The melee attack is still an one-hit splat, though, and the burst bombs can be used to ward off enemies from a range.
I get the feeling that this is a very user-friendly roller, especially for players who normally don't gain much from using a roller.
The Inkbrushes should really be classified in their own weapon class in my opinion. They're too different from the other Rollers.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
I made a video on the new Carbon Roller. I think the weapon is alright but it seems to have the same struggles as the Ink Brush, without having the Brush's excellent movement options. It can kill the opponent if you use the shotgun fling attack when you're right in front of them (up to 125 damage) but its range is VERY small. I don't think this is the weapon for me.

Kiritora

Inkster Jr.
After using this I've found out a few things.

It's best to spam the bombs as you get close, so sub savers would be great with it. It takes two hits to roll over and it's splatter range is not great. In most situations it's actually best to stay grounded near opponents than to jump and flick like with the other kinds of rollers. It still does as much damage as the other two when you set it down initially. Stunning opponents with bombs has worked so far. Some slightly sneaky tactics have too but I've found that it's better to just keep rolling around never staying in one place for long.

It can be easy for someone hiding in the ink to jump and get you though because of the two hits thing. And it's happened to me at least twice.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
This is the roller for me. All the other rollers/brushes I just can't enjoy using much, but this is one fun roller to use. Just feels like the perfect for me. Though I'll still probably stick to shooters.
also its made for some hilarious moments. This person must've had stealth jump because they landed from one right in front of me after I killed their ally and I literally bump into them, then do it again and splat them from rolling them over. It was so funny because it was like when you run into people when you turn a corner too fast or something, but then you do it again and it kills them >.>

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I fear the Carbon Roller's splatting potential with that quick flick, especially on maps like Arowana Mall. In the test range I can take out 4 balloons in about 2 seconds if they're all in range :scared:

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I fear the Carbon Roller's splatting potential with that quick flick, especially on maps like Arowana Mall. In the test range I can take out 4 balloons in about 2 seconds if they're all in range :scared:
Arowana Mall is actually awesome for this weapon. There are so many places to get the drop on opponents and just end them. And because it is so mobile, it can go to hiding places much quicker without being spotted while still inking.

There is also the splat zone. Due to there being a pillar in the middle, it is very easy to to maneuver to avoid enemy fire and splat people. I mean seriously, this thing is excellent for capping zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom