• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Drawing Squid Kids! Requests welcome!

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
~Welcome!

New requests are currently​

I decided to create this thread as a way to pass the time while on vacation, but I decided to continue to take requests when I got back. So basically, you tell me what your inkling looks like and I draw it! I handle these requests first come, first serve (until further notice). Also please note that if you don't feel like I'll get to your request soon enough, you can back out at any time. (This is also currently free, so if there are a lot of requests it might take a while fyi.)

Also note that I will possible not get around to drawing all of these inklings if I get overflowed by requests, so please don't get upset if I don't have yours ready immediately. Just give me an idea of what you want your inkling to wear, or if you don't want your squid wearing anything specific, leave the corresponding section(s) blank and I'll just put them in a random outfit that looks good.

On clothing, if you simply put in names of gear/weapons from Splatoon, I should be able to draw them no problem, but I am also open to other clothing items too. (For example, if you want your inkling to wear a pair of shoes that aren't in the game, such as high heels, you can supply a brief description or a picture of the shoes that you want.)

Finished art if posted here and on my art blog (listed as a request from you), and you can also request to have your art PMed/emailed to you when it's done. Pieces I am currently working on will have a "WIP" next to your username in the list at the bottom of this post. If your order has a "WIP" next to it, a current WIP picture of your inkling can be requested at any time if want to see how it's coming along.

Even after I finish your request, I can resize it to any size and shape for avatars, banners, etc. in case you decide you want it for a specific purpose, and I can also upload the original size picture for you (the picture i save before resizing it smaller) in either PNG or PSD format.

EDIT: I can also do Octolings! All you have to do is change "inkling" to "octoling" on the first section of the form to notify me it's an octoling ;)

Also, xnox has decided to help me out on taking requests so if you don't want her to draw them then put something along the lines of "FairyJinx only" or "I want it from FairyJinx" in the style section. The same goes for if you want xbox and not me to draw it, if that's the case then switch it to "xnox only" or "I want it from xnox."

Inkling gender:
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.):
Skin color:
Eye color:
Headpiece:
Clothing:
Shoes:
Pose:
Extras:
Size:
Style:

More info on the form...
Inkling gender: male/female inkling
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): pick a color, this also changes hat color too since that's how headgear works in Splatoon
Skin color: pale/white/tan/dark tan/brown/black/dark
Eye color: this one should also be obvious??
Headpiece: headgear, put "none" if no headpiece, leave blank to let me decide
Clothing: what kind of shirt/coat the squid wears, if you want it to have a print you need to specify what it looks like, leave blank to let me decide
Shoes: what kind of shoes or boots your inkling wears, leave blank to let me decide or if it's getting cropped out in the case of head/bust/waist pics.
Pose: if you want a specific kind of pose (arms in the air, waving, winking, angry face, etc.) let me know, but it will probably not be exact, I will most likely take a lot of liberty on this one. also PLEASE include if you want headshot/bust/waist/full body. If you don't tell me, I'm just drawing as much of the inkling as I want, so don't get upset if I drew a waist shot and you wanted a full body but didn't specify
Extras: if you want little hearts or words next to/around your inkling, such as emotions, names, speech, etc. Also weapons that the inkling may be holding, if there are multiple inklings present (will possibly draw up to 3, make a separate form for each one and put "drawn together with squid 1" in the extra section for any additional squid kids), and any background/foreground objects (such as objects they are standing/sitting on)
Size: width x height in pixels, I tend to work large and size it down fyi but this gives me a ratio, also if it's square it can be used as an avatar. If you ask for a small picture and don't specify pose or anything i'm probably going to do a headshot or bust shot because i'll assume it's for an avatar or other similar icon, which look best as closeups
Style: traditional, lineart, or painting. traditional comes in the form of pen ink drawings on paper, lineart is cartoony and may or may not have shading, painting is a painted look that may or may not have a slight outline/lineart along with it, but pretty much always has shading. Lineart is a pain for me, I can get traditional sketches done quicker, and painting is enjoyable although not quite as much as the pen sketches. Also, for the digital art style, I can add transparency, so let me know here if you want a color or transparent background, if not stated then it will probably be white. Xnox is helping me out on requests now so if you want if from someone specific then put who you want to draw it here, if not then you don't need to say anything else.

Examples of my art and my general art style can be found at my art blog, and I also have a few art examples posted here. Please note that painted style drawings will probably not be as detailed as the ones from my art blog.

Requests that xnox are drawing have (xnox) after them
Requests that people want me to draw will have *FJ* after them
Requests that people want xnox to draw will have *XN* after them
People without a preference will have no initials next to them.

Aykorn: Wade & Nerine *WIP 1/2*
Ikaheishi
Rustic: Terrence & Adara
Leronne
shy
Hinichii (xnox)
MissingNumbers: Marina
ThatSquidYouKnow
Grand E
kunoichi squid
Chaos_Knight *FJ*
Joseph Staleknight
cat (xnox)
RiDEL
MacSmitty
MissingNumbers's friend
YesI'mTaco34

Putting this here to keep track of changes to the first post. <3

10/31/15 IT'S HALLOWEEN TIME FOR THE SKELETON WAR, YOU SPOOPS (Added the change log today <3)
10/31/15 Closed new requests, I won't be accepting new requests for art until I reopen it again after catching up a bit.
11/8/15 Finished Ikaheishi's request
11/8/15 I'm Undertale trash now, so sorry if I keep getting distracted *cries bc i'm a dirty brother killer*
11/22/15 Finished the first of Rustic's request

***Posted here again just to be safe, xnox is currently helping me out with some of the requests since I got so stacked up on them, so they may draw your art request before I can get around to it. If you have any objections please let me know. <3

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I don't mean to sound like an mean Urchin, but why did you make the post on the day of the deadline? Unless you worded it wrong and meant another time. Like I got a few anyway

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I'm hoping this is still within the deadline by your timezone, but I noticed that you haven't really gotten anything yet. (whoops. Hello Rustic) I don't exactly need illustrations, but if you want some ideas to draw, here's some of my inkling characters to draw up? I don't care a ton if you include your own details. I'll give you the artistic liberty for most of this. "----" pretty much meas "do what you want/have fun" I included some character personality to help come up with a poses, too?

Wade: Cool and calm, strategic yet supportive, dedicated, fun and casual
Inkling gender: Male
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Blue (Hair tied up standard male-inkling style)
Skin color: Dark Tan
Eye color: Gray irises (small, round pupils, low "mask bridge")
Headpiece: Any headgear/ blank or Studio Headphones -----
Clothing: Cycling Shirt or Black LS (Also comfy and easy to wear shorts) If you change this, dark shirts?
Shoes: Any red shoes: So Red Hi-tops, Red Sea slugs, Red Hi-horses
Pose: Keep it cool and casual. Maybe a tad focused if involving ink battles. ----- don't care about how much you draw
Extras: Sniper main, if you want to include a (scope) Splat charger in the pose somehow, -----
Size: ----
Style: ----

Nerine: Cheery and awkward, aggressive/martial artist, bit of a dare-devil and makes rash decisions
Inkling gender: Female
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Orrange, Generic female hair, high cut bangs. Twisted/ braid tail if you want ---- (you can choose whatever color)
Skin color:
Light Tan/white/that one skin color right in the middle of the pallet range
Eye color: Orange, (big pupils, slightly tilted-up eyes/ high mask bridge)
Headpiece:Designer Headphones ----
Clothing: Green Tee, ---- or if you want to experiment, come up with outfits. She wears sporty shirts, likes bright colors. Maybe something formal?
Shoes: Neon Sea slugs ----
Pose: ----- Something action-y?
Extras: Octobrush or Nozzle-Nose if you want? Agent/Hero suit/ weapons? ----
Size: -----
Style: ----

I've got like, 2 other characters that might be cool to draw? But I'm just hoping these get to you. Feel free to ask about any details if you want more specifics as opposed to more freedom. I actually have sketches of these characters, too, if you want, but it sounds like you're just looking for ideas?

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Premium
I hope I'm not too late as well, I'm in California so I'd guess I'm either an hour or two before or after the deadline.

So here's a character from a story I've been bouncing around in my head for since July. I haven't decided if I'll ever flesh out her story or not, but I came to love the character concept I've come up with.

Inkling gender: Female.
Ink color: Purple or the Squid Girl blue.
Skin color: White.
Eye color: Green.
Headpiece: Bobble Hat.
Clothing: Green Zip Hoodie.
Shoes: LE Lo-Tops or the Red Hi-Tops. Either is fine.
Pose: Anything with a cute smile; I've imagined her as a cheery, carefree character with a habit of doing an occasional cutesy thing. I think either waist or full-body would be good.
Extras: She mains the Splattershot Pro and the Mini Splatling. Feel free to use them or not.
Size: I'll leave this up to you, but I would like to have the vertical be at least around 1024~1200px.
Style: I guess I'd prefer a painting style.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds like fun to me.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Here have some anyway. I hope you see all these

Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): That navy blue that gets put against the bright yellow. Typical Inkling ponytail (or is it a Tenta-tail?)
Skin color: White
Eye color: Pink

Weapon: Heavy Splatling
Headpiece: Nothing on the head. So basically Fake Contacts :head_eye007:
Clothing: Yellow Urban Vest :clothes_vest003:, with a Rockenberg Black Tee inside:clothes_tes006:
Shoes: Black Trainers :shoes_sht009:
Size: 200x200 pixels? I think that's the limit for avatar size pictures
Style: Paint
Another one which is optional, is an Octoling alright with you?

Octoling gender: Female
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Dark Fuchsia
Skin color: Tan
Eye color: Orange eyes.
Headpiece: Bomber Goggles:head_eye002:
Clothing: Octo Tee. Which is a dark purple tee with 2 black wrist bands with grey octopus designs.
Shoes: Octoling Boots:shoes_rvl000:
Pose: Running away a la Joseph Joestar from the guy above, wielding the Splatling.
Extras: Uses a Octoshot or Splash-O-Matic.
Size: I'm not sure, include both perhaps? Terence is a good deal bigger than the average Inkling/Octoling.
Style: Like the one in your avatar, so yours! Paint with(out) background, depends on you.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Dark Blue
my inkling-1.jpg
Skin color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Black
Headpiece: Pilot Goggles
Clothing: Anchor Layered LS
Shoes: Hunter Hi-Tops

Pose: full body shot. the weapon of choice is dual squelcher. he should be holding it on his shoulder and the other hand should be just hanging on the side while facing forward.
gun on shoulder.jpg Like This (this is a pretty accurate stock image of what i want)
his face should pretty much be an intimidating smile.

Extras: a dark grey/white background*
Size: 540x960 (9:16 ratio. you can make it bigger if you want)
Style: Painting*

hope this is accurate enough.

Last edited:

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
@Rustic: Now, I realize I am partly in the wrong because I did fail to mention my timezone (MST), but I did post the thread well ahead of when I left. Anyways, I just got back and I'm happy to take on requests for squid kids now that I'm here. I'll be doing these first come-first serve, at least until further notice. Of course, now that I have internet again I can look up refs for gear and weapons and such online, so for new applications: names of Splatoon gear and weapons will do just fine for descriptions. While I'm at it, I'm probably going to edit the first post a bit, too.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@Rustic: Now, I realize I am partly in the wrong because I did fail to mention my timezone (MST), but I did post the thread well ahead of when I left. Anyways, I just got back and I'm happy to take on requests for squid kids now that I'm here. I'll be doing these first come-first serve, at least until further notice. Of course, now that I have internet again I can look up refs for gear and weapons and such online, so for new applications: names of Splatoon gear and weapons will do just fine for descriptions. While I'm at it, I'm probably going to edit the first post a bit, too.
that's cool. sorry for posting after the deadline.
EDIT: oh yeah, can you give examples of the three styles you want to draw. i would have chosen one, but i don't know exactly how it would've looked.

Last edited:

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
It's fine, I totally spaced putting in my timezone. XD

Here are some of my past art pieces, I put them in links because I didn't want the post to be absolutely huge:
Pen sketch without background (pen sketches aka traditional style)
Pen sketch with background
Pen sketch reference drawing
Lineart drawing (I forgot to downsize this one oops)
Quick lineart drawing (This was just a quick doodle to use for a response pic)
Painting without background (Absolutely zero lineart, but this one takes a bit longer)
Painting with background (This one has a bit of "lineart" on the Sableye, this took maybe only two hours)

I can also put transparency in pictures, and I can put sketches through my scanner (and edit in photoshop) to make them look better. ;)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
It's fine, I totally spaced putting in my timezone. XD

Here are some of my past art pieces, I put them in links because I didn't want the post to be absolutely huge:
Pen sketch without background (pen sketches aka traditional style)
Pen sketch with background
Pen sketch reference drawing
Lineart drawing (I forgot to downsize this one oops)
Quick lineart drawing (This was just a quick doodle to use for a response pic)
Painting without background (Absolutely zero lineart, but this one takes a bit longer)
Painting with background (This one has a bit of "lineart" on the Sableye, this took maybe only two hours)

I can also put transparency in pictures, and I can put sketches through my scanner (and edit in photoshop) to make them look better. ;)
alright, i've edited my original comment. i put a * on the things i've changed.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I tried drawing my own inkling numerous times and failed.
So if your still taking requests...
Inkling gender : female
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.):Sky blue
Skin color: tan
Eye color: brown
Headpiece: :head_eye000: retro specs
Clothing::clothes_tly004: Zinc layered LS
Shoes::shoes_rvl000:octoling boots
Pose: Anything that makes it look shy
Size: any size
Style: painting

Last edited:

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
@shy: Worry not! Requests are still open. ;) I should probably put up a big block of text or something to make it more obvious. The "deadline" was really only to collect requests before I went on vacation a bit to give me something to do, but it was kept open when I got back.

EDIT: Aw man, I meant to draw some inklings during art class today, but I totally forgot to put my drawing tablet in my school bag. >_> I probably would have been able to get at least one done, but since I don't have work today I can do it when I get home, I guess. *sigh*

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?

Inkling gender: F
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Milk Tea
Skin color: Light Brown
Eye color: Light Gray
Headpiece: Headphones, BUT I WANT AN EYE PATCH TO
Clothing: Dark Urban Vest
Shoes: Red High Tops
Pose: Splatting someone?
Extras: Roller
Size: any
Style: any

Last edited:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Oh, requests are still up? In that case, I'd like to fill one in. The gear I have front and center is my Rainmaker set, but the "or" notice is my other set that I wear for looks. You can pick which one to draw. I also have another Inkling design in mind that's a bit different from average, but I can hold off on asking, since these two designs are unrelated to each other.

Inkling gender: Female
Ink color: Blue
Skin color: Dark tan
Eye color: Gray/Black
Headpiece: Camping Hat
Clothing: Layered Vector LS
Shoes: Turquoise Kicks
Pose: Leaning like in this pose, with the Slosher hanging on her arm as if it were a wicker basket. Tired/sleep-lacking expression.
Extras: A transparent background would be nice.
Size: Full-body
Style: Any

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Sky Blue
Skin color: One darker from the default.
Eye color:Orange
Headpiece:Jungle Hat
Clothing: Sage Polo
Shoes: Black Trainers
Pose:Anything is fine
Extras: Holding a Splatterscope
Size: About Profile Picture size, I'm not super sure just the dimensions, but around that size. :)
Style:I would like Digital please.

Thank you for doing this! :D

Grand E

Pro Squid
NNID
Zoroan
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Dark Purple
Skin color: Light Skin "Whitish Black" very light
Eye color: Brown
Headpiece: Octo Goggles
Clothing: Octo Chest Plate
Shoes: Octo Boots
Pose: Full Body
Extras: Grand E "Wording From an Dyangle" position from the Upper left going down to the lower Right but stops in the center of the page
Pose: Battle Pose that's Aggressive "Full Body" Would be nice
Size: Any
Style: in the "Bold Rough Outlines" [Super Mario Strikers NGC]

Thank you

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wowzers, this is really picking up steam. I kind of threw out my characters because I saw this was empty, but if you need, feel free to put my requests on low priority, I don't mind.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I'm thinking about what I'd want done, but figured I'd better at least post I'm thinking about it so I don't FORGET about it. It's bound to happen as I have 2 jobs and a full-time life. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll get back to you on when I know what I want; this much I know is that I want my bff and me together in a pose and something holiday themed, but as for what else I'm not sure. I'll get back to you by the end of this week (or early next week).

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Ink Color: Blue (with yellow at the tips of the tentacles)
Skin Color: White
Eye Color: Blue
Headpiece: Black Arrowbands
Clothing: Black Inky Rider
Shoes: Armor Boots Replica
Pose: Something like this, but holding the gun from under like a normal person would: http://static.zerochan.net/X.(Mega.Man.X).full.1292293.jpg
Extras: Octoshot Replica as weapon, stylized hair (refer to my profile pic), serious expression with a smirk, pants
Size: Full body shot
Style: Painting, with transparent background if possible in case I wanna use it as an avatar or for a sig

Oh, and here's some refs on the gear if you want.
http://sta.sh/033dd6ra2mv
http://sta.sh/01hmf4j6uucm
http://sta.sh/0o8uohwf5n8

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Might as well put in a request.

Ink Color: Your choice. I don't have much of a preference for colors.
Skin color: Tanned to light brown. See pic below for what I was thinking of:
Headshot.jpg

Eye color: Brown
Headpiece: The Forge Paintball Mask. That tends to be one of my fallbacks for tough times.
Clothing: A white tee with my avatar (the S with a crossbar) displayed prominently on the chest.
Shoes: Octoling Boots (Optional)
Pose: Hunched over and with two fingers to my ear, like the Psycho Bandit from this Borderlands promo image.
Extras: Wielding a Neo Splash-O-Matic in my other hand, an Inkzooka on my back.
Size: At least to the upper thighs.
Style: Traditional or painted, whichever works better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom