• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Dual Squelcher: Analysis and Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dual Squelcher

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
Lv 16

Cost:

Shop Description:
"A double-barreled Jet Squelcher with a much higher rate of fie. The power of each shot is low, but the ample range and firing rate more than make up for it."

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: High
Damage: Low
Fire Rate: Mid

Sub:
Splat Bomb

Special:
Echolocator

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Dual Squelcher.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
There's a surprising synergy with the weapon and the special. You know those pesky enemies that like to dart in and out of their territory? Who always seem to be just out of range, or hidden in ink, or both?

These two make them a non-issue. The Echolocator lets you spot them, and then the long range lets you hit enemies who think they're safe. Combine that with the guns ability to cut off straightaways with it's long linear spray, you've got a weapon that's perfect for limiting enemy movement and putting enemies right where you want them.

Oh, and the fast charge of the Echolocator can be seen as a psudo "Double Burst Bomb"
Throw, echolocate, and throw again. Pretty useful for forcing groups to break apart or getting enemies hiding behind barriers.

Basically, I see this weapon as a "flush out weapon," Echolocate to...locate, long range to harras, and bombs for everyone behind walls. You won't be getting as many kills (though if you set your range right, you can have the advantage in a lot of 1v1 situations), but you'll be putting the enemy right into the hands of your allies.

Calden

Inkling
Very much the above. With decent special charge increases, it can even feel like you have infinite ammo.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Necro.

I feel like this is one of the best support weapons in the game that can carry if necessary. The ink spread capabilities are awesome and in TW I'm often at the top of the leaderboard on turf inked. It also has surprising kill power due to its range and kit. As previously mentioned, the special and the gun itself go really well together. The sub is also useful for getting those echolocated enemies out from their hiding spots to be splatted with the superior range.

The TTK is decent as well and I find I can flank and 1v1 easily.

I'm honestly surprised I don't see this more in solo queue or in turf wars. Seems like a really balanced weapon.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Necro.

I feel like this is one of the best support weapons in the game that can carry if necessary. The ink spread capabilities are awesome and in TW I'm often at the top of the leaderboard on turf inked. It also has surprising kill power due to its range and kit. As previously mentioned, the special and the gun itself go really well together. The sub is also useful for getting those echolocated enemies out from their hiding spots to be splatted with the superior range.

The TTK is decent as well and I find I can flank and 1v1 easily.

I'm honestly surprised I don't see this more in solo queue or in turf wars. Seems like a really balanced weapon.
Nobody in this game plays balanced weapons. They only have time to play braindead weapons where you point and shoot.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I noticed yesterday that this weapon as well as the Nzap 85 were getting more play (although, using only my experience is a pretty small sample size). There were SO many echolocators I almost switched to a cold-blooded shirt.

I've liked using some special ups and ink savers for this gun. My current build is:

:head_eye007: :ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksaversub: (contacts - you can barely see them on the black background)
:clothes_tes013: :ability_inksavermain:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_shi005: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Eventually I want perfect rolls on everything, but the set works well even as is.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I FRIGGIN' THIS WEAPON!!! XD It has everything I like: range, Splat Bombs, tolerable ink consumption, and a fast fire rate. It's also very easy for the Dual Squelcher to take the role of a Charger, something I don't feel from the Jet Squelcher oddly enough.

I find that Bomb Range Up really benefits this weapon, ESPECIALLY on Blackbelly. Ohhhhhh man, is that ability powerful there. Now does Special Duration Up affect Echolocator at all?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I FRIGGIN' THIS WEAPON!!! XD It has everything I like: range, Splat Bombs, tolerable ink consumption, and a fast fire rate. It's also very easy for the Dual Squelcher to take the role of a Charger, something I don't feel from the Jet Squelcher oddly enough.

I find that Bomb Range Up really benefits this weapon, ESPECIALLY on Blackbelly. Ohhhhhh man, is that ability powerful there. Now does Special Duration Up affect Echolocator at all?
It IS pretty amazing. It has definitely catapulted itself into my top 3 guns. EDIT: And I think other people are catching on...which means I might not be able to play the range game against the tentateks anymore...

I'll give bomb range a try, but unfortunately Special Duration does not affect Echolocator (luckily my pilot goggles have 2 bomb range subs and only 1 duration sub). I've never had a problem with getting splat bombs to go where I need them, but it couldn't hurt to see what happens.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I believe the Jet Squelcher is the slowest splatting shooter (Blasters aside), so it won't really feel like a Charger since it lacks the instant threatening atmosphere caused by the insta-splats and the laser of doom. That said, it is a pretty good harassment weapon and can splat enemies from afar a lot easier than other weapons thanks to its crazy accuracy, something that the Dual Squelcher made me notice a bit too often :confused:. I also never got to use the Splash Wall much, where I did throw quite a few Splat Bombs

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Now does Special Duration Up affect Echolocator at all?
Special Duration does not affect Echolocator
Special duration up does affect echolocator. Also this is the weapon that brought me to S rank. That and it's custom variant which works very well in rainmaker. I love the duals with a passion.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I believe the Jet Squelcher is the slowest splatting shooter (Blasters aside), so it won't really feel like a Charger since it lacks the instant threatening atmosphere caused by the insta-splats and the laser of doom. That said, it is a pretty good harassment weapon and can splat enemies from afar a lot easier than other weapons thanks to its crazy accuracy, something that the Dual Squelcher made me notice a bit too often :confused:. I also never got to use the Splash Wall much, where I did throw quite a few Splat Bombs
splash walls really don't work very well on the jet, but burst bombs are a whole other story. It makes up for it's slow fire rate and low damge so well. They also really help in close quarters confrontations. But this is the dual squelcher thread, not jet. Just my 2 cents.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I believe the Jet Squelcher is the slowest splatting shooter (Blasters aside), so it won't really feel like a Charger since it lacks the instant threatening atmosphere caused by the insta-splats and the laser of doom.
Kill wise, no. Being able to effectively hold off an area like a charger can do, yes. That's what I meant... XD

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Kill wise, no. Being able to effectively hold off an area like a charger can do, yes. That's what I meant... XD
That's also what I meant by "harassment weapon". The Dual Squelcher can do it as well, but only against enemies with lower range unless you spam Splat Bombs with Bomb Range Up

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I feel like the Dual Squelcher is one of the better guns at pressuring. The CJS is great as well because of the range, but the DS' ability to cover turf so quickly really gets people stuck or pushes them out.

I have noticed an uptick in use on this one though. Lots more echolocators out there...

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
It's a great weapon, but I wish my aim was good with it.
Have you tried lowering your sensitivity. I used to play at +5 but after lowering it to 0 i noticed that my accuracy really improved.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I feel like the Dual Squelcher is one of the better guns at pressuring. The CJS is great as well because of the range, but the DS' ability to cover turf so quickly really gets people stuck or pushes them out.

I have noticed an uptick in use on this one though. Lots more echolocators out there...
Cold Blooded will solve your problems. Kinda. I like to run it with the Dual Squelcher since I have the power to track people and can negate everyone else's ability to do the same (it also helps that I got a good roll on my Cold Blooded gear). I used do this sort of thing in Halo 4 with the Stealth and Promethean Vision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom