• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

E-liter 3K: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
E-liter 3K

wst_charge_long00.png

Lv Unlocked:
Lv. 18

Cost:

Shop Description:
"A charger with a high-capacity tank, By packing a lot of ink into each shot, it can strike from a great distance at the cost of long charge time and ferocious ink consumption."

Type:
Charger

Stats:
Range: High
Charge Speed: Low
Mobility: Low

Sub:
wsb_bomb_handy.png
Burst Bomb

Special:
wsp_allmarking.png
Echolocator
Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filename:
wst_charge_long00

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the E-liter 3K.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
What's there to say... this is THE longest ranged weapon in the game outside maybe inkzookas, and can take out a lot of enemies, even other chargers, with complete impunity at those ranges. Even if you can't get to maximum range, the e-liter is also so strong you don't even need to charge it fully for a one-shot,
and damage ups can reduce the amount needed further.

However, the price you pay for all of this power is terrible ink economy. You get three, at most four full shots before you need to refuel for a significant period
of time. This makes it pretty bad at coverage (although can cover long hallways in the blink of an eye), so you'll almost always get a low score in turf, and you can
have problems getting specials in general, plus your enemies can elude you, or worse, close in easily if you're not accurate. The slow charge time also makes the e-liter very unforgiving up close.

Fortunately, this version gets burst bombs to more comfortably tackle close range threats while the echolocator reduces the risk of being ambushed on top of quickly refilling your tank.
Definitely try this e-liter first before attempting the custom.

Last edited:

Mr_Destiny

Inkling
I've found that a direct hit with a Burst Bomb followed by an uncharged shot can kill at point-blank range, but so far I haven't used it effectively. If I lie in wait to ambush a dude, I feel like I'm wasting my time. The one time the opportunity presented itself, my first two shots missed and we took each other out.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I've found that a direct hit with a Burst Bomb followed by an uncharged shot can kill at point-blank range, but so far I haven't used it effectively. If I lie in wait to ambush a dude, I feel like I'm wasting my time. The one time the opportunity presented itself, my first two shots missed and we took each other out.
Y'know, you could also just throw another burst bomb to finish them if you got a direct hit. Barely worse in ink efficiency and is less likely to screw you over
in range. There are weapons that can benefit from burst -> shoot (L-3 Nozzlenose would killer with burst bombs),
but I don't think the e-liter is one of them.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
What would you guys say are good abilities for the E-liter? Ink Saver Main seems like it would have too minimal of an effect relative to the high cost of the E-liter's shots, but Ink Recharge up sounds like a pretty good investment. One Ink Saver Sub might also help in situations where Burst Bombs are the more effective mean of attack.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
What would you guys say are good abilities for the E-liter? Ink Saver Main seems like it would have too minimal of an effect relative to the high cost of the E-liter's shots, but Ink Recharge up sounds like a pretty good investment. One Ink Saver Sub might also help in situations where Burst Bombs are the more effective mean of attack.
E-liter probably benefits from damage up more than any other weapon for very noticeably reducing it's time to splat at ranges less than max, as well as making burst bombs more potent.

Tenacity can also help mitigate the e-liter's difficulty in building special if you're good at staying safe with this weapon, as does special charge up.

Other than that what abilities you take is kind of up to your playstyle.

D

Deleted Member

Extremely lethal weapon. Probably among the best in the game when mastered.

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
I had never used a charger, but after the release of the e-liter 3k scoped, I wanted to try the longest reach weapon in the game. I thought the scoped ver would be better, but the tunnel vision had me splatted more times than I wanted. Switched to the vanilla version, and man, I loved it. I'm not fan of the kraken in a charger, so custom is a no for me. I'm running quick respawn in the head, hunt in the torso, and bomb sniffer in feet. works good for me but probably there's a better set for this weapon. also, when playing tower control, my rank goes up really fast with this weapon, but in splat zones my ranks just falls trough the floor, (from A- to C+). I wanted to master this weapon in all modes, but the rank loss felt bad. should I stick to this or switch to a squiffer in splatzone?

Lag Chan

Inkster Jr.
I feel this weapon kind of just goes to show why Chargers won't be making any waves any time soon. This is possibly one of the most, if not the most situational weapon in the game. Some maps will be a blast for this whilst others will just end up being a real pain to work on due to how limited your options are. It's also heavily reliant on your teammates backing you up, since unlike other chargers where you've got some decent close range options, with this your subs are fairly pitiful for defending yourself, so unless you've got some good support on your team, it's going to be a very tough game.

I'm little sad about it really, I wanted to like this weapon but it's too unwieldy and the huge risk/reward is too much to ever really have any effectiveness. It could see some good usage in ranked, though I don't think I'll be coming back to this weapon any time soon. At least it's not as bad as the Squiffers though.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I feel this weapon kind of just goes to show why Chargers won't be making any waves any time soon. This is possibly one of the most, if not the most situational weapon in the game. Some maps will be a blast for this whilst others will just end up being a real pain to work on due to how limited your options are. It's also heavily reliant on your teammates backing you up, since unlike other chargers where you've got some decent close range options, with this your subs are fairly pitiful for defending yourself, so unless you've got some good support on your team, it's going to be a very tough game.

I'm little sad about it really, I wanted to like this weapon but it's too unwieldy and the huge risk/reward is too much to ever really have any effectiveness. It could see some good usage in ranked, though I don't think I'll be coming back to this weapon any time soon. At least it's not as bad as the Squiffers though.
With a full charge not being necessary for a kill it's more versatile than you'd think, especially when you can tack on some damage with burst bombs first. It's only when you're being attacked by multiple opponents that it really starts to falter.

The weapon being slow to charge and eating lots of ink is a fair compensation for having the best range in the game. It's tough to pick up especially if you're not familiar with chargers period but a well-played e-liter can be almost unstoppable if you don't have offensive subs or specials.

Also squiffers are really quite effective weapons in their own right, they just don't play the same as most chargers (sitting in a cozy vantage point to snipe), instead playing more forward with their relatively rapid one-shots suppressing the enemy on offence. In fact they're probably the best for being "independent" just because of that rate of fire making it more suitable to taking on multiple attackers, on top of being the best at inking wide areas. Though if your aim isn't up to snuff you won't get great results with any charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom