• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Forge Splattershot Pro: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
For some reason there was no official thread for this weapon. Talk here about your thoughts for this weapon.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
If I may, can I intro this properly? ;)

The Forge Splattershot Pro is exactly what its name indicates: a Splattershot Pro redesigned by the Forge brand (who specializes in Special Duration Up). The stats are the same as the normal, but the loadout is more for kills, being the Point Sensor for locking down the targets and the Inkzooka for quickly finishing them off.

Equipment Description: A Splattershot Pro created in partnership with Forge, the only name in high-quality sports gear. A tricky Point Sensor supports the reliable main weapon.

Shop Cost: 19,800

Sub Weapon: Point Sensor

Special Weapon: Inkzooka

So, with that all said, please leave your thoughts on the Forge Splattershot Pro.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Maybe nobody ever watches this thread anymore, b-but i love this weapon so like to share some thoughts in case.

first thing that catches the eye is the point sensor, it pretty much is like a echo locator in grenade form, 'hitting' players with one has the same effect as using echo locator special and it extends to your whole team.
point sensors have a fairly low ink cost too.
the basic idea is to use point sensors to 'scan' a area and then using this knowledge to read your opponents and get the drop on them and avoid them doing the same to you, with the splattershots formidable range, this works very well (especially on short-range weapons) and your teammates benefit of it too.
but point sensors don't deal damage whatsoever so the gun while near-always be your way of dealing with opponents.
This lack of flexibility may proof disadvantageous once opponents get used to you, so watch out in the long run.

the special is the inkzooka, inkzooka + opponents hit with a point sensor can easilly prove destructive and the inkzooka is your ticket to damage very long-range weapons and teams of opponents.
yet, since the gun itself has very good range but its not so good ink paint rate, you may find yourself not using the special much.
the points sensor + inkzooka is very powerful yet also situational and may prefer to use the actual gun to assault enemy's rather then bursting out your special.
You can still do pretty awesome stuff though, but other specials fit a splattershot better imo.

all in one, its tricky yet a surprisingly good weapon minus the special could be more fitting.

ability suggestions because why not:

:ability_inkresistance:
not the best ink painting ability so having less trouble with hitting enemy ink, especially in fights, is welcome.

:ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery:
because splattershots aren't the best ink efficient weapons.

:ability_bombrange:
helps to widen and having a easier time with scanning.

:ability_damage::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed::ability_inksaversub:
those are also nice to have depending on your play style.

that's all of my (hopeful helpful) thoughts.

Last edited:

Astro86

Inkling
NNID
KOAstr04
Of the three Splattershot Pro weapons, the Forge is the one that I use the least. However it still has its uses depending on the map and mode you're playing. I tend to use the Forge in a supportive/aggressive role. The point sensor acts like a pocket echolocator so in that sense, it's like the Forge has two specials to work with which is pretty cool! I always use "mark and execute" tactics where I tag the enemy first then finish them off with the weapon. The Inkzooka is great to pick off foes at farther distances so the Forge can fight pretty effectively at any range. The ink spread is minimal so you might struggle if you use this weapon in Turf War but with its good accuracy and range, it works well in solo queue ranked modes from my experience. I did a video on this weapon on my YouTube channel a while back where I gave more thoughts and suggested some potential gear builds:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom