• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

H-3 Nozzlenose: Analysis and Thoughts

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Well, squids and kids, after many have long-awaited this weapon after hearing the comparisons to the original and hearing its strengths, here it is, the H-3 Nozzlenose! The H standing for Heavy (rather than the L standing for Light, which I never guessed until now), this variation of the Nozzlenose has a much slower fire rate of its 3 shots in its burst, a longer delay in between the bursts, and faster ink tank consumption. On the other hand, its shots pack much more punch and it has quite a long range.

Shop Description: "The H-3 Nozzlenose is a more semiautomatic weapon than its L-3 twin. The H stands for 'heavy'! It can't fire as rapidly, but you can pinpoint foes with the Echolocator to make every shot count! Suction Bombs can also make an effective defense, so this set is a good choice for well-rounded fighters!"

Shop Cost: 7200

Sub Weapon: Suction Bombs

Special Weapon: Echolocator

So, please leave your thoughts and analysis on the new H-3 Nozzlenose.

Last edited:

Wonderf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wonderf
I really like the H-3 Nozzlenose, it bursts down people really quickly, suction bombs are great for zoning and echolocater for pin-pointing targets or just knowing where they are. The only downside I see is that its inconvenient to ink walls due to the slow rate of fire. Anyway I like it ;)

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Echolocater is always good. Slower bursts make it easier to connect every single one, but missing a burst is bloody horrible.

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen

Maybe I'm just too used to automatic weapons like the splash-o-matic and the .53 gal, but the delay just feels too long and sub and special don't really help that much to balance it out IMO.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
You have to be precise with this weapon, miss one shot and thats gg.imo its a bad weapon to use without relying on ur subs

EvuL Soldier

Inkling
NNID
EvuLSoldier
This weapon has the potential to be amazing if you can aim every single burst reliably. Fantastic kit, inks really well, almost perfect accuracy, good range, and has one of the fastest time to kill frames for guns (tied to 52 gal I believe). The main problem with is that the delay between bursts and the very slow strafe speed when shooting. This makes the weapon incredibly unforgiving if you even miss one shot. I think this weapon could be incredible if used properly, but the skill floor for it is very high and personally I don't think I'm good enough for it yet. The L-3 is already pushing it for me and it's easier to use than the H-3.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This weapon has the potential to be amazing if you can aim every single burst reliably. Fantastic kit, inks really well, almost perfect accuracy, good range, and has one of the fastest time to kill frames for guns (tied to 52 gal I believe). The main problem with is that the delay between bursts and the very slow strafe speed when shooting. This makes the weapon incredibly unforgiving if you even miss one shot. I think this weapon could be incredible if used properly, but the skill floor for it is very high and personally I don't think I'm good enough for it yet. The L-3 is already pushing it for me and it's easier to use than the H-3.
Do you think the Dolphin variation will require more or less skill from the player? It comes with Point Sensors and the Inkzooka (Forge Splattershot Pro's loadout for reference).

EvuL Soldier

Inkling
NNID
EvuLSoldier
Do you think the Dolphin variation will require more or less skill from the player? It comes with Point Sensors and the Inkzooka (Forge Splattershot Pro's loadout for reference).
Probably more or less the same. That kit will also be really strong, especially since the H-3 can ink pretty well unlike the Forge.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Probably more or less the same. That kit will also be really strong, especially since the H-3 can ink pretty well unlike the Forge.
I think it'll have the same basic uses though. The special on the D, Inkzooka, could work like the sub here, Suction Bombs, and Point Sensor and Echolocator work the same, just one's throwable and can only get one or two people at a time.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I just wish I could get automatic three round burst? Why do you have to press it every time?

Other than that I think the H-3 has really good range and the one-burst-kill is brutal with good aim. Once people figure out the optimum range I think it will show up in solo queue a lot.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
While I was playing randoms today my success depended on whether or not I had an H-3 on my team. It was basically a more frequent DC. This weapon is bad and I've not yet seen somebody use it who couldn't be doing better things with the L-3. I think the .96 is superior to this gun in every way except maybe ttk. but probably ttk, especially since it's ttk is a lot more reliable, plus it can charge echo faster with the sprinkler. Idk, maybe the meta for it needs to develop but so far I don't like it.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
The "H" is supposed to stand for "Heavy," but "Hard" also would have been appropriate; this weapon makes the L-3 Nozzlenose look like a beginner's weapon by comparison. The ability to splat in one volley is great, but the individual shots are a bit more spaced out than those of the L-3, so good luck actually hitting with all three. And when you do miss, the long delay between volleys is very punishing. It might have potential, but it will definitely require practice to use well.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
While I was playing randoms today my success depended on whether or not I had an H-3 on my team. It was basically a more frequent DC. This weapon is bad and I've not yet seen somebody use it who couldn't be doing better things with the L-3. I think the .96 is superior to this gun in every way except maybe ttk. but probably ttk, especially since it's ttk is a lot more reliable, plus it can charge echo faster with the sprinkler. Idk, maybe the meta for it needs to develop but so far I don't like it.
The meta for this weapon definitely needs development. This is up there with Classic Squiffer/Custom Splattershot Jr./Bamboozler 14 MK II/Rapid Blaster Deco/Inkbrush Nouveau standards. Hard, but definitely viable.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The thing is that the gun was made for players that can land those shots. Since the rate of fire within the burst is the same as a Splattershot Jr., it can splat as fast as a Sploosh-o-matic when all 3 shots hit. Basically, this gun can erase a team pretty quickly and from a relatively safe distance in the right hands

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
The thing is that the gun was made for players that can land those shots. Since the rate of fire within the burst is the same as a Splattershot Jr., it can splat as fast as a Sploosh-o-matic when all 3 shots hit. Basically, this gun can erase a team pretty quickly and from a relatively safe distance in the right hands
Is it made for players who can land those shots or players whose opponents can't avoid those shots? I feel like you could avoid getting OHKO'd by moving perpendicular to their line of fire, whereas the L-3's speed makes that harder to do, and even if one of them does miss you can still follow up with another volley very quickly. plus the L-3's mobility is just so much fun and I feel wasted when I play the H-3 and can't run circles around everyone.

Don't get me wrong I love niche weapons, I main the rb for god's sake. I haven't seen the purpose of this weapon yet, the only leg up it has on the L-3 is it's ttk, but the L-3 can afford to miss some shots. which is why the .52 isn't better than the tentatek. Maybe I just need to wait for it's style to develop...

I think one of the biggest things holding it back is it's awkward loadout, suction bombs and echo... Idk They just don't seem to fit with this gun. idt echo will be able to grant you more kills, I mean obviously it helps but not so much as it helps the dynamo or eliter. I feel like if it also had more range then this weapon would make total sense, But it has the "same" range as the L-3 so meh.

Does anyone know what the H-3 D's loadout will be? that might help solve some problems.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is it made for players who can land those shots or players whose opponents can't avoid those shots? I feel like you could avoid getting OHKO'd by moving perpendicular to their line of fire, whereas the L-3's speed makes that harder to do, and even if one of them does miss you can still follow up with another volley very quickly. plus the L-3's mobility is just so much fun and I feel wasted when I play the H-3 and can't run circles around everyone.

Don't get me wrong I love niche weapons, I main the rb for god's sake. I haven't seen the purpose of this weapon yet, the only leg up it has on the L-3 is it's ttk, but the L-3 can afford to miss some shots. which is why the .52 isn't better than the tentatek. Maybe I just need to wait for it's style to develop...

I think one of the biggest things holding it back is it's awkward loadout, suction bombs and echo... Idk They just don't seem to fit with this gun. idt echo will be able to grant you more kills, I mean obviously it helps but not so much as it helps the dynamo or eliter. I feel like if it also had more range then this weapon would make total sense, But it has the "same" range as the L-3 so meh.

Does anyone know what the H-3 D's loadout will be? that might help solve some problems.
If I had to give this gun a description, I would say it's a "hunter's dream". The Ecolocator lets you track down enemies, the Suction Bombs can make them come out of their cover (or splat them if they don't) and once they're exposed, the gun itself can end the fight before it even begins. If you don't want to be constantly trying to take out enemies (which is my case), just run the L-3 version and call it a day. That one I'd say was made to be a jack-of-all-trades, with the increased mobility being the main perk (both weapons need something to have people pick whichever version they prefer instead of the statistically superior)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom