• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Hammerhead Bridge Analysis

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
It looks like they took the multiple levels and intricacies of Flounder Heights, the catwalks from Kelp Dome and mixed it with the straight forward design of Walleye Warehouse. I love it!!!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
This place looks to be just as long as Camp Triggerfish if not longer, at least judging by the footage. The labyrinthine structure is also going to make for some sneaky tactics and other interesting scenarios. Can't wait to play this stage!

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is another map where Brush users are going to have to take the lower ground, and any grating not near a convenient patch of inkable turf will be high-risk for longterm positioning. Sticking Suctions under the grating will be hilariously effective here as in Flounder Heights.

Heavy Splatling and Charger users will like to find the vantage points on this board and not rely too much on the grating.

Random Robot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AidanZam
Looks like a fun map! I think that the Killer Wail and Echolocator will be very strong specials for it. The Dynamo Roller will be terrifying on this map.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Hmm, so this stage has been released. Interesting timing. I keep hearing about hammerhead shark sightings at various popular beaches lately.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I dislike splatzone on this map, but have warmed up to rainmaker. Good chargers excel on this map.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
This map is actually pretty bad for chargers. there's too many things to hide behind, and lots of things obstructing your view. However I've found huge success on it with the rapid blaster. the grates help lower your effective range and make it easier to splat foes, but you also have the necessary range to poke people who are trying to hide behind walls and such. I predict that they'll release the rb pro tonight (quote me), the range advantage it gets will be great on this stage, hopefully the decrease in firerate won't hurt it too much.

DeltaFixer

Full Squid
NNID
RCDelta
(So far) Splatzones is amazing, Rainmaker is great, Tower Control sucks. The problem with TC is that it's so hard to get to the tower because mobility is extremely limited due to the grates on the upper half of the level. Maybe it's just because I don't know the map layout yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually came to like TC on this map once I know the best paths to get to the tower.

As of right now I really like the map a lot.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
(So far) Splatzones is amazing, Rainmaker is great, Tower Control sucks. The problem with TC is that it's so hard to get to the tower because mobility is extremely limited due to the grates on the upper half of the level. Maybe it's just because I don't know the map layout yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually came to like TC on this map once I know the best paths to get to the tower.
Meanwhile, I feel the exact opposite. Tower Control is amazing for me, Splat Zones is meh, and I don't even know what to do for Rainmaker.

Also, there's actually a very swift way to get from spawn to the tower's starting position, by utilizing the added block they put on the grate in between.

NNID
OllzTheCheetah
this map looks interesting and fun so I hope it turns out that way. Im sure that I will be able to get some playtime on this map on what ever game type and hopefully it will be one of those maps that I will actually enjoy playing tower controll on.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Okay, I'll be frank here. This map is going to take a while to grow on me because I just could not deal with it in both sessions I played compared to other maps. The dual-layer gimmick is a pretty neat concept for maps but it also ensures that you have to split your attention between both layers and the surrounding area so that you don't get splatted from above or below. While the grates are meant to make you cautious when traveling to the other side, they of course also afford something of an advantage to those who can see enemy Inklings from their vantage and do them in quick. Needless to say, it's incredibly difficult to keep your senses sharp on this map.

It doesn't help my first two matches there resulted in mass disconnects...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom