• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How to dodge Inkstrikes (*Read Immediately)

Has this move worked for you

• Total voters

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I was playing Splatoon not too long ago when I discovered a new way to dodge inkstrikes
Okay so many of us squids (or kids, I don't judge) have super jumped to a teammate just as the inkstrikes came down and got splatted, but you don't have to.
:inkstrike:Here the trick, the first moment possible out of the jump that you can tech (tap the zl button multiple times) Keep switching in and put of your kid and squid forms until the end of the inkstrike to lessen your splatbox, therefore dodging the move,:inkstrike:
****However be warned that the closer you are at the beginning of the inkstrike there is less of a likely hood of survival , still possible but insanely difficult, and you are extremely weak and one hit from any weapon will splat you immediately, but if you are good this can be extremely useful in keeping you and your team in the fight

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Originally discovered this squid bagging the enemy team as I jumped into the inkstrike.... again, yet, I somehow surviving the inkstrike long enough for my team to super jump to me and confront the enemy team

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Working to get someone to help me get footage of this in action...I will try to upload it as soon as possible though it might take a while to get the footage

@srb2dude

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@ThatSrb2DUDE could you get footage of this, I know you found numerous splatoon glitches/ tricks and thought you might be able to help me out

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Sadly me and Tape tried to get this on recording, we got some that looked promising, but as seen this didn't really work

However after slowing it down, I counted about 10 (plus or minus) active frames for the inkstrike, if you manage to get around in the 6-10 frames (last 3 or four frame), off center this tech can work for a certainty. However, any sooner than that and you'll be splatted by the inkstrike

Of course there are other factor we couldn't get in this video (such as teammate ink splat, and lagging frames) but for the most part this is a very difficult move to preform, but hey if you have the chance this at least give a possibly of survival in a nearly unsurvivable move.

Anyways, that all I got for this if you have any questions feel free to ask, and I post later the time from the video that best show off the inkstrike

****Special thanks to Tape for all his help, hope we can play again soon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom