• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is Arowana Mall still in rotation?

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I haven't seen it in ranked or regular play on Splatnet for a few days now.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
They were running it all the time a few weeks ago right around when Museum was added, so I'm guessing they're letting it rest a little. Hammerhead Bridge nearly vanished for a week or two but now seems to have returned.

Dededork 649

Inkling
I don't get why they didn't make it so all maps would be in the rotation at least once after/on Christmas, since that's when the amount of people playing the game went up due to kids getting it for Christmas.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
It's still in rotation. Unfortunately, I don't pay attention to stage rotations when I'm not on Splatoon so I can't tell you the last time it was on.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
According to SplatNet Arowana Mall isn't going to be in the next 3 rotations.

I haven't seen it around either now that I think about it. I hope they are reworking it so their is less of a bottle neck in the middle.

D

Deleted Member

Why does Nintendo hate Arowana Mall so much? Its one of the best maps in the game. In North America, we've only seen it in one Splatfest. It was like the 7th or 8th Splatfest, which is very late considering the map is one of the original 5 and much newer maps got in Splatfest before Arowana. Then Nintendo removes the wall clip glitch, which should have stayed. And the palm tree glitch which was just harmless.

I haven't seen it in several days either.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
. I hope they are reworking it so their is less of a bottle neck in the middle.
I've been checking Splatnet for the last four days now, and I haven't seen it. It's entirely possible that I just missed it, but now I'm starting to wonder if it got pulled for a stealth rework. While it's my favorite map, I can totally understand the problems people have with it, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on it.

Award

It was overplayed for a while, almost always in rotation. It might be that they're just giving it a rest. It seems like Skatepark and Depot are the ones almost always in rotation now (along with the new map for obvious reasons.) IMO, Hammerhead, Arowanna, Makarel, and Walleye are all kind of similar as long, straight paths. They probably don't want to be promoting all four of them a lot at one time. And Piranha can be considered similar too, but much bigger. It's still a long straight map but with the gimmick that spawns are offset from mid. My guess is right now Makarel and Walleye have been running a lot. Probably when they fade, Hammerhead and Arowanna will be more common.

Though I wouldn't doubt a stealth rework as well. It does get easy to spawncamp there, and another route would help.

Award

I don't get why they didn't make it so all maps would be in the rotation at least once after/on Christmas, since that's when the amount of people playing the game went up due to kids getting it for Christmas.
I imagine it's due to the Nintendo mentality of "we don't want to confuse new players." A lot of people gripe about Nintendo doing that sort of thing, but IMO, I think they're probably right. They spend a lot of attention on grooming the online experience, success or fail. Remember, anyone who started in May got to learn 5 maps and only 5 maps at first. Jumping in to 13 would be a different learning curve for newcomers and just prolong their noobishneess of not understanding the map flow all the time.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
Arowana mall is one of my favorite maps and I would be devestated if it would receive a similar rework as Urchin Underpass... Took me a few months to get used to it and I still don't really like the rework of Urchin :(
But now you mention it, I haven't seen it in a long time either D:

Lets hope the possible rework won't be as unsatisfying as Urchin Underpass.. *fingers crossed*

Dededork 649

Inkling
I imagine it's due to the Nintendo mentality of "we don't want to confuse new players." A lot of people gripe about Nintendo doing that sort of thing, but IMO, I think they're probably right. They spend a lot of attention on grooming the online experience, success or fail. Remember, anyone who started in May got to learn 5 maps and only 5 maps at first. Jumping in to 13 would be a different learning curve for newcomers and just prolong their noobishneess of not understanding the map flow all the time.
To be fair, they've had 12/13 maps for a couple weeks, and all of them but Arowana were playable between Christmas and New Years! If they wanted to prevent overwhelming they're not doing a great job.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
So begins day six with no sign of Arowana Mall.

I fear this is becoming an obsession of mine.

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
So begins day six with no sign of Arowana Mall.

I fear this is becoming an obsession of mine.
Just chill. They readded a trick that isn't meant to be possible by accident that severely gives players that know it an advantage and destroys the balance of the map. They have done this in past that is removing maps with certain unintended features possibles that Nintendo knows about from the rotation.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Just chill. They readded a trick that isn't meant to be possible by accident that severely gives players that know it an advantage and destroys the balance of the map. They have done this in past that is removing maps with certain unintended features possibles that Nintendo knows about from the rotation.
Nintendo listed several maps with exploits that were removed, and all others have been in the rotation.

Also, Arowana Mall had a third exploitable glitch?

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
Nintendo listed several maps with exploits that were removed, and all others have been in the rotation.

Also, Arowana Mall had a third exploitable glitch?

They readded that to the game.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega

They readded that to the game.
Wait, are you saying they put that ****ty ledge glitch back in?

EDIT: here are the patch notes from 2.4 regarding maps.

Stage Adjustments:
Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Port Mackerel: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Flounder Heights: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Museum D’Alfonsino: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom