• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tournament [Jul 2, 2016] Turficane 2 (Online)

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
[calendar]55[/calendar]

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
Just a note, the registration link is getting removed for a week, because it appears somebody can't wait until the 11th to register. I'm not intending to be hard on you guys here, but I would recommend you reading the OP (first post) first, and wait until the date that's listed, which is when registration opens before entering your team at Challonge (more so less, I probably shouldn't post that link until then, but everybody does it when they initially post details on their upcoming tournaments, and this hardly is an issue).

To whoever signed Glob Quad up, I'm sorry, but it's suggested that you wait until next Saturday, before you can register. Your team is taken off the registered teams list at Challonge for now, but you can re-register when it's time. I would advise you to read the OP (first post) first next time, because there's other tournaments that do set a date for when registration opens, and doesn't expect you to register until that date arrives too.

Dragon

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DragonSlayer1661
Do I need discord for this. My squad uses skype.

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
If you're going to voice communicate with your team with Skype, it's fine. There's a Discord for the tournament, where you can talk to other players.

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
Registration is now officially open, so head to the OP, under links, and you'll see a link to the registration page where it says registration. That's the link you should click, so that you can sign up.

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
Just a head's up, you should check out the OP, as I just updated it with maximum alotted times, while bringing a change to the disconnection and delay rules, because time constraints have been a plague, and I want to make sure that this tournament meets the best interest of all teams. Plus, it's more organized, so that it's more clearer, which allows you to get it better, so that the success rate of this tournament can be increased.

Last edited:

Inkster Jr.
NNID
80-my0sotis
Is EDT EST which means 12PM EST would be 6AM CET? American timezones confuse me. x.x

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
No, it would be 6 PM CEST, since cities like Berlin is 6 hours ahead of New York City, which would be 12 PM EDT. Both time zones right now are under Daylight Savings Time by the way, so this means EST and CET isn't in effect until Daylight Savings Time ends.

Inkster Jr.
NNID
80-my0sotis
EH I'M CONFUSED NOW
LEMME WRITE THAT DOWN

Can I message you on discord if I need help??

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
A very important announcement: This has been a thing before, where a team known as Monado Boiz intentionally DCs when they're in the middle of a match and losing, so that they can get a replay. Even though they can't get replays here, because there's no rules established for them, I personally feel that a situation like this is pretty serious, and that I should do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn't happen here. That's why I decree that they won't be permitted to take part of Turficane 2, because I want to make this tournament as fair as possible, so that teams that do want to play, can do so, as long it's righteous. Also, another reason this is done, because I don't want other teams to be influenced in intentionally DCing, so be sure to avoid being influenced by them, as that ain't the right way to play the game, otherwise you'll lose.

As for registration, 8 teams have entered so far, and more are expected eventually, so be sure to register if you haven't already, since the tournament is now less than 2 weeks away. Registration closes July 1st at the latest, but may close earlier, if the goal for teams that can register has been met. Scroll up to when you see the link to Challonge, because that's where you need to go to sign up. Thanks for reading, and I hope you be righteous.

Last edited:

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
Reminder: registration ends Friday, 24 hours prior to the tournament start time (9 AM PDT/12 PM EDT/5 PM BST/6 PM CEST) , so please be sure to sign up before then.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
please tournaments 1rst dont split up top teams cause then they destroy everyone
That's partially the point of splitting up top teams, yeah. If a team makes it into Top 4 because they happened to get lucky with their bracket and faced off against a bunch of other low ranking teams, it's not really fair to people on the other side of the bracket who had to trudge through all the top teams. If a newer team wants to make it to top 4/8 then they have to be able to beat the teams that consistently place there in order to show that they earned a place there.

It's not favoritism if it looks like it is, it's balance.

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
please tournaments 1rst dont split up top teams cause then they destroy everyone second have a losers bracket so teams that get against chimera ext snd or another top team dont get screwed thank you
That's partially the point of splitting up top teams, yeah. If a team makes it into Top 4 because they happened to get lucky with their bracket and faced off against a bunch of other low ranking teams, it's not really fair to people on the other side of the bracket who had to trudge through all the top teams. If a newer team wants to make it to top 4/8 then they have to be able to beat the teams that consistently place there in order to show that they earned a place there.

It's not favoritism if it looks like it is, it's balance.
Exactly what Albino said for one, and second, I'm sure a lower seed taking on a top seed would be interesting, but that isn't guaranteed in a double elimination format tournament, because you still have to beat the higher seeded teams to make it. Besides, if you say that you getting eliminated by a top team isn't fair, well, in reality, it is, because they're the better team. That's how tournaments work. Also, I ain't doing double elimination tournaments, because there's quite an amount of teams that don't want to enter tournaments with that format, because it can make the tournament length twice as long. Double elimination does have a pro where you get an increased chance of a lower vs higher seed battle in the grand finals, but at the same time, there's a con where it's going to take forever to get the tournament out of the way. This is especially the case for the big tournaments, where there's 50+ teams involved.

AOS/Rydig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rydiggity456
Quick question, is this Single or Double Elimination? I missed where it said the style.

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
Single elimination.

AOS/Rydig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rydiggity456
(Forgot to put this in the first comment.)
Can multiple divisions from the same team play?

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
If you have multiple divisions, they can, as long each division gets their own team.

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
Just a note to all teams (though most of you have), if you sign up to the tournament, it would be recommended that you go to the tournament Discord. It's important that you do that, because if you're going to play in it, you should be there by the time you have to check in, so that I'll know you're ready to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom