• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Krak-On Splat Roller: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Krak-On Splat Roller

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
Lv 7

Cost:

Shop Description:
"Created in association with Krak-On, the freshest name in footwear. The sub allows you to create a jump point for your team, and the special lets you surge across the battlefield."

Type:
Roller

Stats:
Range: Mid
Painting Speed: Mid
Lightness: Low-Mid

Sub:
Squid Beakon

Special:
Kraken

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Krak-On Splat Roller.

Last edited:

praline

I'm ready!
I am not really a fan of it. I like the other version of the roller better plus what does the Squid Beakon even do?

Setu

I am not really a fan of it. I like the other version of the roller better plus what does the Squid Beakon even do?
It's the best weapon for SR from what I've seen. Squid beacon is used to allow other players to super jump to it.

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
Along with splattershot jr, one of the two best weapons in the game right now, for turf wars. Add some defense and special regen-up gear, and it can kill almost any player 1v1, so long as you maneuver it well. Kraken's the best special in the game, tentacles-down, and this is the only weapon that gets it for a long time (if ever, I haven't seen another set with Kraken yet).

whizzer0

Inkling
NNID
whizzer
I was thinking of making a new thread about this, but I may as well put it here. What are the best ways of using the Kraken? I find it useful for covering areas faster, but I'm often stuck for where exactly to use it.

It's the best weapon for SR from what I've seen. Squid beacon is used to allow other players to super jump to it.
Your player as well.

Minsman

Inkling
NNID
Minsman
What are the best ways of using the Kraken? I find it useful for covering areas faster, but I'm often stuck for where exactly to use it.
I have found that the best way to use it is to think of it as a weapon that allows you to close the gap on and kill medium ranged guns. Since you are invincible as you use it, you should try to get as close as you can to your opponents then activate it when they try and shoot you.

Patongi

Inkling
NNID
Patongi
Not a fan of this weapon at all, as I am overall disliking rollers.
But I've seen A LOT of people with Krak-On's while playing, seems to be the most popular of the rollers. Might be because of the appeal of Kraken, and while others seem to be liking Kraken (I know, it's quite fun to use!), I think it's pretty easy to avoid atleast againt mediocre SplaTrollers.

whizzer0

Inkling
NNID
whizzer
How do you kill people with the Kraken? Someone killed me with it but it doesn't seem to do damage when I use it.

Patongi

Inkling
NNID
Patongi
How do you kill people with the Kraken? Someone killed me with it but it doesn't seem to do damage when I use it.
Jump on the opponent with Kraken. Kraken jumps and spins with your regular jump button (x),

Pink♡Ink☆RAVE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
StrawberryGynoid
It's my main weapon. I'm not a big fan of shooting things and I think that's one thing that's really unique about Splatoon. With lots of games about shooting and gun aiming, it's really nice to have unique weapons for a change. I also like and am really good with the Kraken.

I've heard some people call it a very easy weapon. But I'm so used to it and really like using it. So I think I'll ease into trying other weapons.
The only downside is when I'm caught alone with a long range foe or when I run out of ink really quickly. Rollers seem to run out of ink really quickly and I'm always running out of ink.

That's why I was hoping for some Defence Up boost and some Ink Saver (Main) boosts.
I'll be like a rolling tank of Ink if I get some Defense Ups! Tank tank!

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I prefer the basic roller ; kraken isn't really worth giving up a ranged sub.

Also lol squid beacon in a roller.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Squid Beacon is actually really good, specially on a Roller because they can claim turf really fast and then drop the Beacon in a strategic area for teammates to support them.

TheBuzzSaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheBuzzSaw
This is my primary configuration! I remember specifically wishing there was a Roller + Bubbler configuration, and the Kraken turned out to be even better. It lets a roller squid attack a highly fortified position.

The beakons are highly situational. I think they are amazing on Rig and Mall, but they are almost useless in Warehouse and Skatepark. I just try to throw them down whenever I can.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I think the beacon is one of the better subs in the game. It in combination with stealth jump, make for a very lethal combination. I will be making a video for this, and lots of other splatoon like things; the meta expands.

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
Beacons are fantastic in Skatepark. I use them on the far corner of the enemy catwalk, and they never see them or bother with them.

Warehouse tho, I got nothing. I place one down in a random corner and hope they overlook it.

What's funny to me is, in general, you can get away with sticking a beacon right behind the enemy's spawn. Nobody bothers to turn and check behind them after the start. It's funny more than it is useful, but good to know nonetheless.

Flamjam

Inkling
NNID
Flamjam
Actually the beacon I use works brilliantly in the warehouse. You can drop loads of them in the upper corridor to the left as you leave the base. Sometimes the enemy has caught on and tries to inkstrike them away, but there’s space to plant them spread out. It’s quite difficult for them to reach. In multiple matches now, I have used these beacons to sneak in and reclaim turf whilst we’re being spawn-camped. I don’t know any other optimal locations though.

The disadvantage I think to beacon + roller is that the beacon works brilliantly on high-up places, especially on saltspray rig & arowanna mall. Unfortunately, the roller’s forte isn’t in high up places, but on the ground getting the ink down. So it’s a weird mix. I think the beacon would work better on a shooter for these sorts of things but that’s me.

Freduardo

Inkling
NNID
Freduard
I use this weapon as my main.

Beacons are useful, but I'd rather have bombs or sprinklers.

The shotgun plus kraken is too good though.

TheBuzzSaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheBuzzSaw
Beakons show up on the map, so competent opponents will actively clear them off. "Hiding" them works against naive teams.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The best thing about this weapon to me isn't even the kraken, but the beacon. I find the kraken to be a bit too situational

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom