• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

L-3 Nozzlenose discussion

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Seems kind of annoying to me - the rate of fire is pretty fast, but for some stupid reason you can't hold down ZR like every other weapon. So to get that max fire rate you have to be constantly mashing all the time. That's just tiring, I think my fingers would fall off after a few matches.

It seems like it could maybe be a nice weapon if not for that issue, but in this state I can't play this. Not putting up with that, no way.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
I like the concept of the weapon but as you've said, having to constantly mash the button annoys me a lot. It's the same reason why I don't use the Inkbrush eventhough it is fun.
I just stopped using the Nozzlenose after the first match, as it is 4 am over here, I'll give it another shot tomorrow but I think tha button-mashing will keep me from using it anyway.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I haven't tried it yet, but do you really have to mash the button constantly? I haven't seen that with any of the other weapons...really seems like a design flaw, I don't know why they'd do that instead of just letting you hold down the button.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
It's like a Roller with minimal spread, less power and poor turf-covering capability.
Did we need a semi-automatic weapon? Don't we have something close enough in the Splat Roller (normal, Krak-On, Hero Replica)? And why does it feel weirdly weak? Does it take 3 shots to splat someone with this? I'm just asking because I assumed it would take 3 shots since it fires 3 at a time, but I swear I hit someone with 3 shots once (quickly enough that they couldn't regenerate any health) and the other guy lived (I didn't, of course).
I think it's supposed to be like a precision weapon, but it's so thoroughly outclassed by just about any Blaster in that regard that I'm honestly unsure why this exists. And I think it's outranged by the .96 Gal, maybe the .52 Gals too (not certain though), so if you want a powerful gun, those should be better options as well (.52 Gal has better defense with Splash Wall and it has Killer Wail too, .52 Deco has better offense with Seekers for long-range and mobility and Inkstrikes for superior turf coverage and harassment to anywhere from anywhere, .96 Gal almost always splats faster, has Sprinklers for superior turf coverage, and has Echolocator which gives your whole team info and instantly refills your ink supply so you can keep shooting).
I guess the Disruptor sub-weapon could be useful for making sure all three shots connect, but I don't like those (I remember them costing too much ink per throw). Killer Wail is a nice special pretty much anywhere, if you ever charge it with that fire rate (can it cover turf quickly? Because if it does, I don't see how).
So overall, I'm hating it. Dropped it after I tried it out, never looking back.
...Okay, maybe I'll look again if they release a stronger version or a Custom version with, I dunno, Splat Bombs or Seekers or Sprinklers or something. Or if the Custom gets Bubbler/Kraken.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
FYI, even with 3 main damage-up abilities, the Nozzle-Nose will only do 99.9 damage per 3 shot burst. That's kind of a bummer because it means you will have to click twice to kill in most reasonable circumstances. I did a general overview of the L-3 Nozzlenose (and the Custom E-Liter 3K). Feel free to check out if you're not too familiar with this weapon!

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@AKA Nice video, really cleared up my problems with this weapon.
In that I feel like I understand them better. I still don't like this thing, not being able to rapid-fire or one-shot people just isn't for me. Also, if it can't splat people in one burst, what's the point of using this over a weapon with similar range and power and rapid-fire? And can its power be dropped to a 5-shot splat with Defense Ups? Because that would be the kiss of death for this one as far as I'm concerned.
One last question: Do you feel the Nozzlenose is a good weapon?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
An Ok weapon with good power and range comparable to that of Gals, but a bad sub and you have to press ZR repeatedly, making inking turf tedious and will make your finger hurt. Too many downsides for me to consider using this, but I bought it anyway.

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
it's interesting?? inkbrush mains could probably pull off the button-mashing easily. i'm not gonna say no to it yet, but i won't be using it either. i like my automatic weapons, and i don't like going CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
initial impressions:

hard counters rollers (as though they needed hard counters LOL)

pretty weak as a shooter. good on the defence, but the low ttk and weak offensive specials cripple it on the offensive.

best disruptor user by far, buuuuuuuuut... that's not really a fantastic niche to fill.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
After playing a few matches, I got used to the whole button-mash thing, but this is still the most awkward weapon to use of them all. It's not very efficient for inking turf, and I started avoiding every confrontation with the enemy team because it's too slow to reliably get a splat.

A three-shot kill would have made this weapon much more fearsome, but right now I have no idea what its strength is.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I felt it was very weak but after getting used to the 2 bursts to kill and mashing ZR (far less mshing than the Inkbrush) I think it's pretty much a weaker .52 Gal. Unlike the Rapid Blaster which I like but can't kill anyone with I enjoy it and can kill people with it. I get lower scores scores than with Deco, Jr, Splattershot or the AeroSprays but it's only about 200-400 gold which isn't too bad (although this may imply I'm not so good with those weapons)

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Awkward to use, but I am not giving up on it yet. It bugs me that I haven't really gotten into the flow of this weapon yet, so I am going to keep at it.

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
This video really cleared a lot up.
The design is nice and i like the idea but i think it needs work. I'm still gonna give it a shot and see if i can warm up to it.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
From what I can tell in the weapon test map you can't drop it to a 5 shot splat through defense, so that's nice at least. Overall it's not my favorite, and I think it's a little on the weak side, but it's not awful. I do think 3 shot kills might have been too fast tho.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I did terrible my first game with it. I thought about dropping it then and there but I decided to do a few more games with it.

My overall impressions..

- it hurts my hands when I use it
- it's decent at splatting if you have decent aim
- not the best at claiming turf
- disruptors are hilarious

I found myself playing somewhat of a support role with this gun. I threw out disruptors to help teammates splat enemies; they were also nice to spam out into enemy ink to slow them down from afar (I used bomb throw range up and ink saver sub to do this). The gun's decent range allowed me to harass enemies and keep them away, and splat them if they got close (sometimes, my aim isn't the best... was also irritating when opponents would get close and/or just simply outrange me). Killer Wail, as always, is good at brief area denial. All the while I was on the move and inked turf that needed to be claimed. I was somewhat successful with this strategy, course I was thinking to myself whether I was really helping my team or if I was just being carried all the while.

rpgcaster

Inkling
NNID
RPGcaster
I enjoy this weapon a lot. Granted it's not as good as other weapons and the fact you can't hold is a little annoying, I'm getting quite a lot of success with it. This may or may not be because I'm mainly a Blaster guy and I just treat it like a burst fire version of that weapon.

Marilink

Inkling
NNID
altarofl
I haven't played with it yet, but I just love the design of this thing. It's a garden hose wrapped around a gun barrel. That's brilliant.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I played around with it for a few matches. I'm an Inkbrush main so I didn't mind the constant pressing, but this weapon still didn't really appeal to me.

It seems like a support weapon. In a 1 on 1 fight, two ZRs is very slow, AND you have to be very accurate. One ZR does a ton of damage though and is very quick, so it seems very good for picking off an enemy that a team mate already weakened. Also, the nature of its shots - 3 quick, ink-efficient little bullets at a time - is good for covering up little patches of ground in turf wars that your team mate's guns might have missed. Where it's normally a waste of time to nitpick and shoot every tiny spot of uninked territory when you're playing another weapon, for this weapon it seems like a more efficient use. Also the disruptor offers some really fun utility, use it!

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
This video really cleared a lot up.
The design is nice and i like the idea but i think it needs work. I'm still gonna give it a shot and see if i can warm up to it.
Thanks for watching!

@AKA Nice video, really cleared up my problems with this weapon.
In that I feel like I understand them better. I still don't like this thing, not being able to rapid-fire or one-shot people just isn't for me. Also, if it can't splat people in one burst, what's the point of using this over a weapon with similar range and power and rapid-fire? And can its power be dropped to a 5-shot splat with Defense Ups? Because that would be the kiss of death for this one as far as I'm concerned.
One last question: Do you feel the Nozzlenose is a good weapon?
Thanks! It's actually a 2-burst KO regardless of damage/defense abilities. I don't really know what the purpose of this weapon is but I'm happy it's in the game as it is something we haven't seen before already. If we're going to get new weapons, they might as well be unique. I'm not sure if it's a good weapon or not as it might be too early to tell but I certainly don't like it myself. Again, thanks for watching! I really appreciate it!

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
An Ok weapon with good power and range comparable to that of Gals, but a bad sub and you have to press ZR repeatedly, making inking turf tedious and will make your finger hurt. Too many downsides for me to consider using this, but I bought it anyway.
Interestingly enough I love disruptors, they are such a game changer when use correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom