• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Messtival! presents: The European Championship Of Splatoon (EUCOS)

Njok

Bouncer
Messtival! is back!

And in this special edition we bring you the:

In this small event 10 teams from several countries will battle it out to claim the title of Messtival! EUCOS Champion. If you are burning with patriotism now, read on and find out how you can take part in the EUCOS. Aside from 7 European countries, we have invited two teams from the USA and Canada to compete.

Date: Friday March 4, 2016
Time: 6:30 PM GMT | 1:30 PM EST (Check in starts 30 minutes before tournament start)
Teams: 10
Format: Round Robin group stage to a top 4 single elimination bracket
Matches: All matches in the group stage are best of five (Bo5) and all matches in the knockout stage are best of seven (Bo7)

Broadcasting
We are looking to broadcast most of the matches. If you are interested in broadcasting and / or commentating this event, please send me a PM here or on discord.

The 10 invited teams are seeded into two groups and will all play each other once. The top 2 of each group will advance to the semi finals where the winner of group A will face off against the runner up of group B and the winner of group B will meet the runner up of group A.

GROUP A
TEAM USA 1

Captain: @PKfuzzy
Player 2: @DTM
Player 3: @EvuL Soldier
Player 4: @Tim
Player 5: rezb1t
Player 6: @WALKMAN04

TEAM FINLAND

Captain: @Sendou
Player 2: @Samura1man
Player 3: @Loota
Player 4: @Nikey
Player 5: @Vallu
Player 6: Nico D

TEAM GERMANY

Captain: @Katsuie
Player 2: @Kagutso
Player 3: Hunter
Player 4: Savage
Player 5: Echo Tomi
Player 6: Shadow

TEAM THE NETHERLANDS

Captain: @Rioluxiomastar
Player 2: @Burnburn
Player 3: @Nkitten
Player 4: @Mae
Player 5: @SchismSeed
Player 6: Brian
TEAM SPAIN

Captain: @Ergodyne
Player 2: Wolfenus
Player 3: DarmanInigo
Player 4: Paul
Player 5: @J0rd1
Player 6: VanDerTT

GROUP B

TEAM UNITED KINGDOM

Captain: @ThatSrb2DUDE
Player 2: @jamesrcade
Player 3: @ObscureDruid
Player 4: Horsebot3k
Player 5: L-3(D)onut
Player 6: @Dragonuto

TEAM FRANCE

Captain: @Kiver
Player 2: @Sorin
Player 3: Andy
Player 4: Zolairx
Player 5: Agito
Player 6: @Twarz

TEAM USA 2

Captain: @pixelatedcody
Player 2: @DogFace
Player 3: @2dos
Player 4: @Toufool
Player 5: @Kaori Manabe
Player 6: gk Jeff

TEAM ITALY

Captain: @KiritoPro_
Player 2: @hero (Co captain)
Player 3: iNeMeZz
Player 4: Shining
Player 5: @Rael
Player 6: ArtiglioVR
TEAM CANADA

Captain: @DaBoss
Player 2: @CryptikSpoon
Player 3: @CzarDB
Player 4: @gelatobeach
Player 5: Oakcapy
Player 6: ult

To register, use the form that you will find below. Note that you can only sign up if you are from one of the represented countries.

The captain of your country will choose his team out of all the registered players and contact you on discord if you made the team. So make sure you don't change it from the name you used to register!

We apologize to anyone that can't play because of this, but we want to keep this event small. In the future, we might do a larger event where your country will be represented as well.

On February 19, 2016 the teams will be announced on discord and in this thread.

Last edited:

hero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ftwhero
Ready to go ham just like we did in the two mario kart world cups

Mikeruba

Inkling
NNID
DynamiteShikoku
This is such a neat idea! Too bad there isn't a portuguese team... A sério não há por aqui nenhumas lulas pt?

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
wait so from what i understand its fist come first server for the team captains? why isn't there a draft being done of players available to pick.

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
That is not what I mean. As in why aren't captain's doing a drat pick of the players. With how the current rules stand considering you have more then one team per region there is going to be arguably one team per region that is more stacked then the other ones from that region. Basically how it stands now it is just a free for all, as in first come first server for the captains. If you are not going to have captains draft pick their teams it should have only been 1 team per region.

Not sure if "draft pick" is the correct wording but more or less what I'm getting at is that both captains take turns in picking players for their rosters. Which means that those who signed up for this don't get to pick who they play with, I mean that how world cups are.. people who sign up for this shouldn't be under the assumption that they get to pick what team or players they get to play with, let alone picked at all.

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
So this all only really regards to the U.S.A teams as they are the only ones with two teams.

SabsyX

Inkling
NNID
SabsyX
What I don't fully grasp is why there's USA Teams? Not that I mind, just wondering. Are there not enough European players/countries...?

Njok

Bouncer
That is not what I mean. As in why aren't captain's doing a drat pick of the players. With how the current rules stand considering you have more then one team per region there is going to be arguably one team per region that is more stacked then the other ones from that region. Basically how it stands now it is just a free for all, as in first come first server for the captains. If you are not going to have captains draft pick their teams it should have only been 1 team per region.

Not sure if "draft pick" is the correct wording but more or less what I'm getting at is that both captains take turns in picking players for their rosters. Which means that those who signed up for this don't get to pick who they play with, I mean that how world cups are.. people who sign up for this shouldn't be under the assumption that they get to pick what team or players they get to play with, let alone picked at all.
Lol there are enough US players, I don't think one team is going to be that much stronger than the other.

About your last point, i quite literally stated that the captains choose the teams and that obviously means that even though you signed up first, that doesn't guarantee you get to play. I even freaking apologized for the fact that not everyone gets to play.

I also stated that I want this to be a small event and I might do a larger similar event in the future.

All that said, I'm getting really tired of you constantly atracking all my events. It seems like a personal vendetta against me. I do not know where it came from and frankly I don't care. If you do not like the things I organize, you are completely free to not play in them or even just completely ignore them.

If you have a suggestion i am always open for it, but stop telling me how I should be doing stuff. No one is stopping you from organizing your own version where you fix all the things I do wrong.

Njok

Bouncer
why no team canada, were more european than usa.
Admittedly I just didn't know so many were from Canada :( Had I known, I would have done 1 Team USA. Heck, you guys would even have a captain called Da Boss. It's too perfect.

I apologize Canada :( Next time you're first on the list.

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Lol there are enough US players, I don't think one team is going to be that much stronger than the other.

About your last point, i quite literally stated that the captains choose the teams and that obviously means that even though you signed up first, that doesn't guarantee you get to play. I even freaking apologized for the fact that not everyone gets to play.

I also stated that I want this to be a small event and I might do a larger similar event in the future.

All that said, I'm getting really tired of you constantly atracking all my events. It seems like a personal vendetta against me. I do not know where it came from and frankly I don't care. If you do not like the things I organize, you are completely free to not play in them or even just completely ignore them.

If you have a suggestion i am always open for it, but stop telling me how I should be doing stuff. No one is stopping you from organizing your own version where you fix all the things I do wrong.
Attacking you is poor choice of words. I'm only here to help give you some feedback and ideas, don't think I was being rude at all.. nor have been to you in the past. Welp I'll just do what most do then and keep my lips shut and turn the other way.

Njok

Bouncer
Attacking you is poor choice of words. I'm only here to help give you some feedback and ideas, don't think I was being rude at all.. nor have been to you in the past. Welp I'll just do what most do then and keep my lips shut and turn the other way.
Right then I must have misunderstood your post. It seemed to me you were making assumptions about how teams USA are being selected and were telling me how it should be done instead.

Just as in earlier situations you assumed that I made SCL move to Saturday and I for some reason was trying to move GK to division B.

Perhaps it's all of these combined that made me react irritable. I apologize for that. I should not have let that factor in.

So my reply to your suggestion, I don't think it's needed in an event of this size. We're talking 10 people from the US that are being drafted. I am fairly sure there are way more than that playing on a high enough level to represent their country in this. Consider this a nice fun event and a test for a possible bigger event at a later time.

Last edited:

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Right then I must have misunderstood your post. It seemed to me you were making assumptions about how teams USA are being selected and were telling me how it should be done instead.

Just as in earlier situations you assumed that I made SCL move to Saturday and I for some reason was trying to move GK to division B.

Perhaps it's all of these combined that made me react irritable. I apologize for that. I should not have let that factor in.

So my reply to your suggestion, I don't think it'd needed in an event if this size. We're talking 10 people from the US that are being drafted. I am fairly sure there are way more than that playing on a high enough level to represent their country in this. Consider this a nice fun event and a test for a possible bigger event at a later time.
Questioning why GK was in division b isn't pointing a finger at you (nor is bugging to get them into division a). Asking if scl moved to Saturday's due to luti default time isn't blaming luti nor your but rather asking a question with an agent of action followed by it. Apologies if you feel this way but let's just move foward.

Vintagestep

Full Squid
NNID
Vintagestep
Hum... I don't really think two USA teams are necessary, also in the LUTI there's three Spanish teams, and there's a lot of teams as well in the national(dead) scene waiting for the chance, hopefully you will take that in consideration for next statement.

Njok

Bouncer
Hum... I don't really think two USA teams are necessary, also in the LUTI there's three Spanish teams, and there's a lot of teams as well in the national(dead) scene waiting for the chance, hopefully you will take that in consideration for next statement.
I'm sure there are many countries that have enough players to compete. I'm keeping this thing small on purpose and if it does get a follow up, be sure that every team you can think of will have the chance to play. From Team Monaco to Team Vietnam :]

hero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ftwhero
As we're still in time since teams have to make their rosters, why cant we take the USA2 away for a team Spain (heck maybe even a mix of spain&portugal)? Afterall its called European Championship, and im sure the spanish community would be glad

Njok

Bouncer
As we're still in time since teams have to make their rosters, why cant we take the USA2 away for a team Spain (heck maybe even a mix of spain&portugal)? Afterall its called European Championship, and im sure the spanish community would be glad
I'm definitely not taking any teams out. I might add some teams though. Keep an eye on twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom