• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

|Meteor Rangers| reporting for duty![Recruiting]

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
Hi!This is a recruitment thread for the new squad |Meteor Rangers|, created by Lucca, the current leader of the squad.The rules are general in any squad, as listed down below.There are also optional rules that are recommended.

I now accept all regional applications!
EDIT:APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING!!THE COLLECTION PERIOD WILL NOW BEGIN!

-#- MANDATORY RULES -#-
1)Be consistent with squad meet-ups.

-If you cannot do this for at least 5 days in a row,then you are immediately kicked out.Sorry,but active players are preferred.(I will contact you on the 5th day, if there is no reply,I will kick you out.)
2)Be appropriate.
-So, avoid:
a.Making crude humor.
b.Disrespecting others.
c.Being salty or being a general bad teammate.

3)Rank A- to S+.
-All ranks will be put into their own group for a fair play,and will make it better for members to learn how to improve.
a.Anyone in the A and S range will be in their own group.
d.All members can request to have their own practice day with another member of their own group or another in this squad.

4)Manage the amount of squads you are in.
-If you join this squad with another and something comes up,please do something quickly as there will be problems with future events,such as scrims, tourneys, or practices in our own group.
5)Please, if anything comes up and you have a serious topic intruding the event times, please notify me right away.I'm here for you, and I will go out of my way to help you out.
-These include in:
a.Family matters
b.Moving
c.Feeling uncomfortable with a certain member of the group

-However if someone is wrongly accused of something serious on purpose, then the person who initiated it will be removed.
6)Communication is key.
-It is mandatory to have a Skype,but it is optional for talking in practices.The usage of Discord is not available yet.Make sure your internet is alright so nothing comes up.
a.Tourneys- Required to talk in Skype.
b.Scrims- Required to talk in Skype.
c.Private Practices- Not required.
d.Try-outs-Partially required.

This is the most important part of this thread down below.
---
7)Try-outs.
- Maximum age cap is 21.
- Must be at least rank A-.
-This is for new members that want to join this squad. Here's how it works:
There will be three rounds,Basic round, Communication round, and Survival round.
a.Basic Round:This will be the tryouts against Me and other people that I know.This will cycle through all types of modes(Turf War included) so please make sure you have a lot of time.
b.Communication Round:This requires you to know other try-outing member's Skype so you can communicate in a random mode and map, with the usage of callouts.Same thing, against Me and other people.
Examples of what to call out can be found here.
c.Survival Round.Just like 'a',but with other people try-outing.
-These can be hosted on separate dates, or all in one go depending on how much time is available.
-Any people that catch my eye will be in the squad.If you don't make it,you can request to try out again with the same or different try-outs.
---
The try-outs might seem tedious,but if it is necessary,it will be shortened.
IF THERE ARE LESS THAN 10 PEOPLE SIGNING UP FOR THIS SQUAD,THERE WILL BE NO PRIVATE BATTLE TRYOUT.
WE WILL DO
4-MAN SQUADDING INSTEAD, WITH EACH PERSON WHO IS JOINING.
EDIT: ALL MEMBERS WILL BE AGAINST EACH OTHER IN PRIVATE.

8)Cussing.
-Please keep this kind of stuff low, an occasional slip wont matter though.
-#- OPTIONAL RULES -#-
1)Aliases

-I do not have a specific tag name for anyone,but to tell who is part of the group or not, I would recommend putting a star emoticon with a star,constellation or planet name.A sea related name is also recommended, we will call each other by those aliases unless you want to be called something else.The star emoticon can be found it the symbol section.
-Of course,there is very limited space making a name,neither is required.
2)"Get to know each-other" meetups.
-This is an unnecessary to join meetup,which will be hosted whenever I have the time.This meetup requires your Skype, you don't have to talk, you can also chat in the chat on Skype.
-Within these meetups you can individually request OR go through a voting system of which mini-game or mode to do.
Any questions that are not answered here,please go to my Tumblr.
Any PMs needed to send, send it to my Skype: |Galaxy Ruler Lucca|.
This is my first time making a squad too, tell me any mistake I make!

The link to the applications is here.
I WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTING THEM UNTIL JUNE 18.
THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF PEOPLE TO JOIN IS 16.
IF POSSIBLE, I WILL REOPEN THIS FOR NEW PLAYERS IN THE FUTURE.

THE FIRST TRY-OUT WILL BE HOSTED A WEEK AFTER THE DEADLINE,
JUNE 25.
JULY 1-2.

Last edited:

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I have finished the application and sent a Skpye chat request to you.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join! This is the first squad I've been in (assuming I get in).

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
I have finished the application and sent a Skpye chat request to you.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join! This is the first squad I've been in (assuming I get in).
Don't worry, there is a high chance of you getting in due to the amount of slots open.See you at the tryouts!

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
Oh jeez, we have less than half the amount of available slots open! If you are interested, its recommended to join in soon despite how long the application period is!

FluffyBeats

Inkling
NNID
FluffyBeats
I'm currently in a squad, but they don't really do much. They're more of a gaming clan rather than a Splatoon squad. I'm just looking around to see if there's a more competitive squad that I could join. Would it be alright? Also my family is going to be moving at the end of June so I might go inactive for a bit if I am allowed to join the Squad. I'll submit my application after you have allowed me. Also what's a faceclaim? ._.

Last edited:

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
I'm currently in a squad, but they don't really do much. They're more of a gaming clan rather than a Splatoon squad. I'm just looking around to see if there's a more competitive squad that I could join. Would it be alright? Also my family is going to be moving at the end of June so I might go inactive for a bit if I am allowed to join the Squad. I'll submit my application after you have allowed me. Also what's a faceclaim? ._.
That's all fine, don't worry too much since the squad will probably be active in the start of July most likely.And for the face claim part, it's just a little icon of an inkling representing you,similar to an oc.If you don't have one, just give me your favorite gear or most used and I'll just make one!

FluffyBeats

Inkling
NNID
FluffyBeats
That's all fine, don't worry too much since the squad will probably be active in the start of July most likely.And for the face claim part, it's just a little icon of an inkling representing you,similar to an oc.If you don't have one, just give me your favorite gear or most used and I'll just make one!
Alright, my favorite gear would be the Hero Headset along with the with the red Layored Anchor LS shirt and the red hi-tops

N3ato :)

Inkling
NNID
YupItsThatGuy
Hi!This is a recruitment thread for the new squad |Meteor Rangers|, created by Lucca, the current leader of the squad.The rules are general in any squad, as listed down below.There are also optional rules that are recommended.

I now accept all regional applications!
-#- MANDATORY RULES -#-
1)Be consistent with squad meet-ups.

-If you cannot do this for at least 5 days in a row,then you are immediately kicked out.Sorry,but active players are preferred.(I will contact you on the 5th day, if there is no reply,I will kick you out.)
2)Be appropriate.
-So, avoid:
a.Making crude humor.
b.Disrespecting others.
c.Being salty or being a general bad teammate.

3)Rank A- to S+.
-All ranks will be put into their own group for a fair play,and will make it better for members to learn how to improve.
a.Anyone in the A and S range will be in their own group.
d.All members can request to have their own practice day with another member of their own group or another in this squad.

4)Manage the amount of squads you are in.
-If you join this squad with another and something comes up,please do something quickly as there will be problems with future events,such as scrims, tourneys, or practices in our own group.
5)Please, if anything comes up and you have a serious topic intruding the event times, please notify me right away.I'm here for you, and I will go out of my way to help you out.
-These include in:
a.Family matters
b.Moving
c.Feeling uncomfortable with a certain member of the group

-However if someone is wrongly accused of something serious on purpose, then the person who initiated it will be removed.
6)Communication is key.
-It is mandatory to have a Skype,but it is optional for talking in practices.The usage of Discord is not available yet.Make sure your internet is alright so nothing comes up.
a.Tourneys- Required to talk in Skype.
b.Scrims- Required to talk in Skype.
c.Private Practices- Not required.
d.Try-outs-Partially required.

This is the most important part of this thread down below.
---
7)Try-outs.
- Maximum age cap is 21.
- Must be at least rank A-.
-This is for new members that want to join this squad. Here's how it works:
There will be three rounds,Basic round, Communication round, and Survival round.
a.Basic Round:This will be the tryouts against Me and other people that I know.This will cycle through all types of modes(Turf War included) so please make sure you have a lot of time.
b.Communication Round:This requires you to know other try-outing member's Skype so you can communicate in a random mode and map, with the usage of callouts.Same thing, against Me and other people.
Examples of what to call out can be found here.
c.Survival Round.Just like 'a',but with other people try-outing.
-These can be hosted on separate dates, or all in one go depending on how much time is available.
-Any people that catch my eye will be in the squad.If you don't make it,you can request to try out again with the same or different try-outs.
---
The try-outs might seem tedious,but if it is necessary,it will be shortened.
IF THERE ARE LESS THAN 10 PEOPLE SIGNING UP FOR THIS SQUAD,THERE WILL BE NO PRIVATE BATTLE TRYOUT.
WE WILL DO
4-MAN SQUADDING INSTEAD, WITH EACH PERSON WHO IS JOINING.

8)Cussing.
-Please keep this kind of stuff low, an occasional slip wont matter though.
-#- OPTIONAL RULES -#-
1)Aliases

-I do not have a specific tag name for anyone,but to tell who is part of the group or not, I would recommend putting a star emoticon with a star,constellation or planet name.A sea related name is also recommended, we will call each other by those aliases unless you want to be called something else.The star emoticon can be found it the symbol section.
-Of course,there is very limited space making a name,neither is required.
2)"Get to know each-other" meetups.
-This is an unnecessary to join meetup,which will be hosted whenever I have the time.This meetup requires your Skype, you don't have to talk, you can also chat in the chat on Skype.
-Within these meetups you can individually request OR go through a voting system of which mini-game or mode to do.
Any questions that are not answered here,please go to my Tumblr.
Any PMs needed to send, send it to my Skype: |Galaxy Ruler Lucca|.
This is my first time making a squad too, tell me any mistake I make!

The link to the applications is here.
I WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTING THEM UNTIL JUNE 18.
THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF PEOPLE TO JOIN IS 16.
IF POSSIBLE, I WILL REOPEN THIS FOR NEW PLAYERS IN THE FUTURE.

THE FIRST TRY-OUT WILL BE HOSTED A WEEK AFTER THE DEADLINE,
JUNE 25.
Is there a minimum to what age I can be?

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Would a picture of my Inkling count? My friend is making one for me right now.

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
Only two slots left for anyone (´∀`)!!

Inkling
NNID
YupItsThatGuy
Is there anything I have to do before joining? I'm considering it.

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
Is there anything I have to do before joining? I'm considering it.
Well,you have to pass all the rules on this thread of course.Its also recommended for you to know the usage of callouts,strategies and the balancing of weapons.If you are making the decision, please be quick because there is only 2 slots left.

Inkling
NNID
YupItsThatGuy
Oh crap.
So before I filled the form, I played a couple of ranked matches and suffered some losses which got me demoted to B+ (I was at A-). Should I wait to get back to A- to fill it out or should I fill it out now?

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
Oh crap.
So before I filled the form, I played a couple of ranked matches and suffered some losses which got me demoted to B+ (I was at A-). Should I wait to get back to A- to fill it out or should I fill it out now?
You should try to be at least A- before joining, but you can still fill out the form as long as you can reach it before tryouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom