• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

-Missing- [OOC Thread] [Approaching Day Three]

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Inkopolis: a city of culture. People come from all around to show off their stuff, to show how "fresh" they are. Each one of them comes with a particular sense of fashion and a particular style that sets off how unique they are... or, well, that's the goal of inklings everywhere. This is definitely because at around fourteen, Inklings have fully developed their vaunted "inkling" form for which their race takes its name. As such, they can start appreciating fashion as they can, you know, wear clothes.

Ah, but this isn't the only way to show off "freshness." There's also a wonderful, multifaceted game that every inkling worth their sea salt dreams of being a starfish at--pardon the puns. These are turf wars; battles with many different rules, but that push the kid's two bodies to maximum effect making it the dominant Inkling sport all over the country. Between battling and fashion, entering into puberty for an Inkling is an exciting event indeed.

But when everyone is ranked by how popular they are, when it's a fight from the bottom to the top, someone's gotta be there. Someone stands out to shine like a star among all the others in Inkopolis. So when you ask any squid on the street, what is the name on the tip of everyone's tongue? Marie and Callie, the Squid Sisters (well, cousins really).

These two idols started from the bottom and made their way to the top in only a year, proving with superb splatting skill, their own original fashion and, to top it all off, their angelic singing voices. Their clashing personalities only make the pair more endearing, yet their synchronized dancing makes it hard to believe they aren't twins. Now, they even host the city's news!

Despite their reason rise to stardom, it's really hard to imagine the city without their two iconic sisters...

A familiar, catchy jingle plays in the air that grips the attention of the audience all throughout the plaza. Inklings that had been cheerfully conversing a moment ago set down their conversations momentarily for their Turf War related news. Two kids dancing stopped for a moment, high-fiving one another for how well they had coordinated this time. One kid even stopped designing a surprisingly well-done piece of art... on public property. Even the Great Zapfish seemed to turn its head to see what was going on onscreen today.

What was going to be announced today? Did Sheldon design a new weapon of sorts? What was in store for the rotation today? Had a new section of the city been cleared for Turf Wars? ...was a Splatfest going on soon?

No, this news was a little different.

Instead of the standard greeting of "hold onto your tentacles!" The square got a slightly different line. "We regret to inform you," said some suit-and-tie, "that the Squid Sisters have taken time off for sick leave." His voice was all regret. His words were all atonement. "I humbly apologize on their behalf for their not being unable to say this themselves. And now, to the news."

"...wait no Marie?"

"...where's Callie?"

"...who's this bozo?"

These three thoughts make themselves vocal as the drone of the news continues. Sick leave? They'd never been sick before but many fans were hurt: couldn't their precious sisters have come on the air to tell them themselves!? Shouts of foul play began to join in the sad chorus.

And this was the norm for three days. Jeers, sad words, questions about when their precious idols would be back. It seemed like this desire for the precious Squid Sisters would go on forever. But weeks passed. The chanting grew less with each passing day. People began to get used to the suit-and-tie up there on the screen. Life returned to Turf Wars and fashion as usual. It's almost as if everyone had forgotten.

But you haven't. A month and a half has passed and no news from the idols. There's no way they could have been sick this long. There's no way that they wouldn't have found
some time to announce when they'd return. Who had appointed this businessman? Who was he anyway?

There were too many questions and too few answers for it not to be covering up something. And you're going to get to the bottom of this, or die trying.

I. Introduction

Hello, and welcome to "Missing's" recruitment thread. Here, we have a mystery just waiting to be unraveled, now we just need characters to solve it! But before we jump into this, I'd like to post a few notes on how this RP is going to be run.

II. im so meta even this acronym: Rules to Note Before the Game

First, as this is a mystery RP there needs to be consistent communication between the players and the GM. As such, I will give the players all three days time to make some dialogue and an action [I'll explain this more in III]. If everyone makes a post and an action before that is up, I'll respond then or within the three days (I have a pretty tight college schedule right now so forgive me if I don't go at the same pace all the time >_>;; ).

This game will begin after a week has passed and we have up to four players or when we hit the six player mark. That is, if after a week we have four people, we're a-go. If we hit six before the week is up, I'm closing recruitment. If we don't hit four by the end of the week, I'll give it another week and then, after that, I'll close the thread as interest was, sadly, not high enough to play.

For those of you less familiar with the Forum ARR PEE general rules and stuff, after recruitment, this thread will become out-of-character (OOC) chat. Here, you can discuss things that your character cannot, though I'd still prefer if you kept things I tell you in secret secret! [...but more on that in ____]

The idea, of course, is just not to metagame. Don't use what another player has discovered to move along your investigation... well, at least do it discretely.

tl;dr version:
Three Days To Post
4-7 Players This Game

OOC Chat: Use It!

III. lern 2 play scrub: How the Game Will Be Done

So, how the heck will this be played at all? Well, once I make the RP thread (not to be confused with the OOC Thread), each player will make a post describing their actions with flavor, then describing their actions in gameplay terms.

I call these the dialogue and action respectively. For example:

* * * * *​

"I know that there's no way that the Squid Sisters could have gotten sick for so long," Jerome muttered to himself. He looked a little silly and theatrical standing in the middle of the plaza, but no one paid him any mind. No one paid him any mind most of the time... and usually for pretty good reason. He's a little odd by Inkling standards. He'd refused to let go of the trainee clothing, claiming it was his own style and his sweatband was getting a little... well, sweaty.

Still, his resolve was real and he decided that the best way to start would be from the shadows. Who would know better about something that shouldn't have happened than the person that shouldn't even be there: Spyke. Tentatively, Jerome made his way to the back alley, hoping he could find something, anything out about the disappearance.

Talk: Spyke

So, here's a few things to keep in mind:

- Dialogue can be as long or as short as you'd like. Two paragraphs or twenty, I'll probably read it. It's usually fun to read what your character is doing... just don't go too overboard. College student and all.

- Bold the Action at the bottom so I know, more or less, what you're doing. I can get a good idea when I make my GM post about the response.

And here's another thing... what's a GM post? After everyone makes their posts, I'll post a response to the actions they all take. This will hopefully get them something to get them going, some sort of lead to push them on. Sometimes, if the action is dialogue, we'll plan a time to work on that dialogue together, then I'll include that in the amalgam.

If you are in a group with a player, try to make the post as a combo post--that is message each other in private and work out things like dialogue, whether you both make an action, or make an action as a group. Then, one of the people in the group makes the post. This just makes sure that dialogue between the two or three or six goes smoother.

Now you're probably wondering... what are all the actions I can take? Here's a list--I may add more in the future, so pay attention:

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [Use this action like examine, except for things that may or may not be there]

Suggest more actions and I might take them and add them to the list!

These things will be the meat of the game. Note that some of these actions will take a GM post to get to (as they take a good chunk of story time) and other actions will be responded to as soon as I see them. Use them wisely! :D

tl;dr version:
Dialogue/Action Pairs
GM Post
Combo Posts

IV: So, how do I get started?: Making a character!

This is simple enough, just make a character based on this bio. Include plenty of detail!

Full Name:
Dream Job:
Appearance: pictures and screenshots can count
Personality: include both positive and negative traits; consider their ideals and goals in life
Hobbies:

Well, that's the bulk of things! I know this is a long post, but don't be daunted; this is all for fun. Anyway, hope to see you in game!

V: Accepted Characters:

x Wade Arroyo
x ___________
x Ash Fox
x Alga Sargasso
x Lili Maon
x Magabelle Yyouni
x Eric Knight

V: RIP:
x Dehnn Ika (Death by Inactivity)
x Rhin Ardongale (Politely Resigned)
x: Kiki Haight (Politely Resigned)

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Darn. You got my hopes up for there being someone interested in the RP. Still, I hope it's a good birthday gift from someone entirely random.

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
Sorry. Im not really interested but it does seem cool so I decided to bump it to see if it would get more attention. Sorry for getting your hopes up :(

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Full Name: Wade Arroyo

Primary Turf Weapon: Any charger really, but he mains with the Kelp Splat Charger

Dream Job: Right now, he wants to be a professional ink battler, if that’s even a thing, but he likes people and he likes Annie, so maybe work in retail?

Appearance:
While he keeps his hair tied back in usual “boy inkling style” there is no end to his random roulette of headgear choices because of all of the hats he’s...collected.
He’s most often seen with the Bike Helmet and Studio Headphones though.
Has gray eyes, dark tan skin, and usually wears a Black LS shirt with the Zekko brand on it’s front.
Also wears a pair of red tennis shoes.

Personality:
On and off the gamefield, Wade is cool-headed and tactical. Usually. While buying a hat from Cooler Heads everyday is a strategic excuse to talk to Annie, he’s not quite sure what to do with all the headgear. So he’s poor at planning ahead sometimes and might not always know when to give up, but he’s always supportive and loyal to his friends. To Wade, it’s always important to do the “right” thing and be the “good guys”, whether anyone’s watching or not, and that means having people’s backs when they need it.

Positive: Chill, cool-headed, fun, strategic, loyal, supportive, morally principled

Negative: Bad planning, annoyingly persistent, not all that honest with himself

Hobbies: Ink battling (duh), Listening to music, Biking, Being near Annie(?), Watching lots of shows and animes and not admitting it

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Eyyy, told you I'd post this eventually. =^= Now let's hope more people join.

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Full Name: Kiki Haight

Primary Turf Weapon: Carbon Roller

Dream Job: She wants a job where she doesn't have to deal with a lot of people. Something quiet like art or writing, if she was good at either.

Appearance: She keeps her hair tied up short, in a style similar to Marie's. She has warm tan coloured skin and yellow eyes and often wears yellow as her ink/hair colour. She's usually seen wearing Pilot Goggles or the Squid Hairclip as headgear. She usually wears a Green Zip Hoodie and any plain black shoes.

Personality: On the battlefield Kiki is reckless and hot-headed. She gets caught up in the competitive spirit and works hard at collecting as much points as possible while taking down as many people as possible. However, once she's outside she is quiet and shy. She mostly tries to keep to herself and downplays her achievements to avoid attention. She is sensitive and empathetic to most people and is a trustworthy friend, if you manage to befriend her. She has high morals and values justice and sincerity over all. If anyone does something to push her buttons, the aggressive side seen on the battlefield can come back out and she can hold a personal grudge towards them for a long time.

Positive: Dependable and a hard worker when working on her own. Can look at things from many viewpoints.

Negative: Struggles being social. Can be extremely innegotiable when she's upset. Struggles working together as a group or a team. Negative self-image.

Hobbies: Turf wars, reading, playing video games, collecting video game merchandise, listening to music and watching the Squid Sisters perform (well, she enjoyed watching them until this happened).

Last edited:

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
I haven't done an RP like this, before! Sounds a bit complicated, but I'mma give it a shot! I don't have an Inkling OC, but I have a Squidsona, so.. I guess I'll use her. OwO

• Full Name: Ash Fox
  • Primary Turf Weapon: Inkbrush
  • Dream Job: Minigame Designer (Teehee!)
  • Appearance: Permanently purple tentacles, sideswept bangs, brown eyes and pale skin. Wears a white jacket with strangely familiar creatures on it, a blue and white striped shirt, bluejeans and black boots. Has black fox-ear accessory that takes place of real ears. Also a bit smaller than other inklings her age, and often mistaken for younger. Mask has a little swirl at the bottom edge of each eye, with a small heart almost inside the swirl, and a fox-head shaped spot on forehead. (UPDATED PICTURE)

• Personality:
    *Positive: She has a rather bubbly, sunshiney personality, and is also quite derpy when not in battle. Very animated, and will try her best to cheer someone up when they're down. Stealthy, cunning and tricky like a fox, this Inkling is one tough cookie to deal with in battle. She's also a pretty good strategist. And, God forbid you hear maniacal laughter.. Run.(Though, by the time you hear it, you're most likely getting wacked in the face with her brush) Determined and loyal, she'll try her best not to let a teammate down, and will never betray a friend.
    *Negative: She tends to over think. Alot. And as a result, she tends to worry more than needed. That, paired with her trust issues, tends to make things difficult for her, though nobody would really be able to tell until she got close to them. She tends to think negatively about herself, and sometimes doubts her self-worth if feeling down. She can also be a bit childish if upset, and as a result, can be a bit hard to deal with. Making her too upset can impact her health; Making her heart do odd things like skip beats, and making her tremble. (And in worst cases, making her sick to her stomach)
  • Hobbies: Chilling with friends, Turf War, drawing, playing games, listening to music

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Ehehe, long time since I've seen the X-sonas. Brings me back to dreamkeepers. Alas that forum switch just got me and I was like "done." That said, welcome to the RP.

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Thank you! I just updated the picture in my post. It's finished! :D It didn't turn out like I wanted, but, it works.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Yes!! One more player for minimum, I'm so excited.

Oh, one thing I thought to bring up. Maybe in the list of actions you could add Ink.
This would probably be useful for things like the kettles in Hero mode or walls. I just think it'd be weird to say "Attack the floor" or something like that.
:0 Maybe it'd be useful?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Well, even if we didn't meet the minimum, after some consideration, I'm willing to start with the three if everyone is okay with that. Once I get a confirmation from each player, I'm willing to begin.

I'll probably just leave some room open for people to join mid-game.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Sounds good!

5magmacubes

Inkling
Full Name: Dehnn Ika
Primary Turf Weapon: Roller/Splattershot
Dream Job: unsure - "why guess what's at the summit when you can't even see or hear it?"
Appearance: (sketch - not digitalised) Personality: rather quiet towards strangers, but when he gets used to you he'll start talking
to you more. doesn't have many friends, but he doesn't let that bother him

Hobbies: drawing, turf wars, programming

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Full Name: Alga Sargasso

Primary Turf Weapon: Aerospray RG

Dream Job: She wants to be a musician but also wants to be an author. Maybe she can be both, who knows

Appearance: Alga is a little oddity in the squid race in that her color is predominantly brown with green gradients. She doesn't have bangs, and her hair is just past the shoulders, with the exception of her tentacles. Has pale skin and blue eyes. Usually she's seen wearing a green hoodie with pants and wears a pair of green tennis shoes, along with headphones(though sometimes she switches those out for her desperately needed glasses). On her back, usually slung over the shoulder, she carries a rectangular black case almost as big as she is which holds her precious electric guitar, and has it with her wherever she goes.

Personality: Alga's rather quiet, and keeps to herself much of the time due to her less than stunning ink and hair color. Being what it is, many of the inklings in inkopolis tend to look down on her, and without the proper color ink needed to participate in a turf war, she's hardly ever played, and is described as very unfresh. She's not good at socializing and fumbles her words occasionally, and due to anxiety new people and unfamiliar situations freak her out. Still, if someone manages to befriend her enough to make her comfortable, Alga can be quite the upbeat loudmouth, and is kind of a dumb jokester. Keeping to the back alleys of inkopolis, Alga contents herself with reading and working on various music pieces for her guitar, away from prying eyes.

Positive: Trustworthy, perceptive, hard to anger, can catch onto things a bit faster than others can, loyal. Quiet but very kind, is rather optimistic and doesn't hold grudges

Negative: Low self-esteem, can't socialize well, holds in her emotions until they explode. Very anxious around new things and new people and can't cope too well with them. Forgetful, impatient, kind of lazy. Please don't get this child angry.

Hobbies: She loves to listen to rock and metal and plays it on her guitar when nobody is around, and enjoys reading and writing. Also likes spacing out and fantasizing.

-

so uh, i changed my mind. again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom