• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My personal 'rule of thumb' tier list

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Hi I'm Ultimatum and I'm A+ 99 and I thought I'd put together a tier list for a 'rule of thumb' list of weapons for their general usefulness in ranked. Some maps may demand other weapons but if you had to pick a weapon without looking at the stages, I believe this would be a good list to think on.

Tell me what you think!

Vectors from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/doaufjg7ulr1pop/AADAPvv7bDEZIR7DOoB6xmNJa?dl=0

EDIT: For clarification, this is Splat Zones only.

Attachments

Last edited:

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
It's hard for me to tell the differences between identical guns, but with different sets, just from the picture. Might just be that I'm not as experienced / haven't unlocked all the weapons.

Other than that it looks good, and I don't disagree with most of how you've ranked them.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
lol inkbrush 3 times

definitely aligns with what is effective at the moment, but this will definitely change when people learn how to deal with rollers

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
Dynamo Roller shouldn't be top tier. It's incredibly easy to foil a Dynamo Roller user. And even if that's not true, Dynamo Roller can be countered by Charger's and the .Gal weapons.

Box

Pro Squid
This tends to coincide with usage in A rooms I think. I have different opinions on individual placements, but there aren't too many things that I think are outright wrong.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
Seems to make sense to me.

Of course, this will change as more weapons come around, and I think especially once the August update lands, and we have organized team based battles.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Dynamo Roller shouldn't be top tier. It's incredibly easy to foil a Dynamo Roller user. And even if that's not true, Dynamo Roller can be countered by Charger's and the .Gal weapons.
All weapons have counters this list is based on overall effectiveness across all maps. Most maps allow the Dynamo to be a real nuisance by stayed a bit in the back and chucking unreal amounts of Ink at the point while being very difficult to actually approach.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Dynamo Roller at pretty bad!?! Clearly you haven't watched grafkarpador play or any other good Dynamo for that matter.
edit: oops pardon me.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
The rapid blasters should be their own tier, I cannot find a use for them and I've seen so little of them online that sometimes I forget they are in the game lol. I would love to see someone good with it though.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I have seen a couple of annoying hopping japanese rapid blasters, but yeah, I dont really see how they could be fundamentally good.
Edit: That makes me feel a great deal of trust in you lol.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
How dare you put the Inkbrush last
I see, this is a pretty good list for a start. But what neutral stage would these be based on? Is this only for Splat Zones or just in general?

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I think Urchin Underpass would be a fair neutral stage
How dare you put the Inkbrush last
I see, this is a pretty good list for a start. But what neutral stage would these be based on? Is this only for Splat Zones or just in general?

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
All weapons have counters this list is based on overall effectiveness across all maps. Most maps allow the Dynamo to be a real nuisance by stayed a bit in the back and chucking unreal amounts of Ink at the point while being very difficult to actually approach.
Urchin Underpass, and Arowana Mall are the only maps that the Dynamo Roller does excellent on. Others work good with Dynamo, but not as well. Except for Port Mackerel, which Dynamo is garbage on.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Urchin Underpass, and Arowana Mall are the only maps that the Dynamo Roller does excellent on. Others work good with Dynamo, but not as well. Except for Port Mackerel, which Dynamo is garbage on.
Dynamo is for sure lackluster in PM but I think it works fine in every other stage. Kelp Dome is definitely a map I'd say it's excellent on, btw.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I think the Normal Splattershot is definitely slept on and deserves to be higher, and I feel that the 52's should be higher than the 96. Overall though, this is a pretty solid representation of what you should expect from people.

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
Dynamo is for sure lackluster in PM but I think it works fine in every other stage. Kelp Dome is definitely a map I'd say it's excellent on, btw.
Lmao I forgot KD exist...

Also, I just read that this is Splat Zone specific. In that case, Gold Dynamo Roller could actually be better than the Dynamo Roller in some cases. Echolocator isn't very useful in Splat Zones. It has some uses, but not much. While Inkstrike works well in Splat Zones, but Sprinkler can be useful. While Splat Bomb is just a large waste of ink.

It's really hard to determine which one is better when it comes to Splat Zones, since each one has a useful tool in their arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom