• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nadir: the Lowest Point [Fanfiction]

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
sometimes our lowest point in life is literally at the bottom of a very deep gorge

Hello and welcome to my humble fanfiction. This is a story of an inkling who just wants to fit in and an octoling who's been crushed by harsh society. It's a coming-of-age tale that shows the tenacity of spirit. It's not really a clever story, but I hope the execution makes up for what it lacks in originality.

I'll post chapter links on the first page and let people know through posts when new chapters are added to the first post. That way, I don't leave everything scattered throughout the thread.

I feel it prudent to warn about the profanity and violence which is peppered throughout the story. Don't read this of you're not okay with that sort of thing.

Further, any and all commentary is appreciated and encouraged. Negative feedback helps me learn from my mistakes. Positive feedback makes me feel better about myself.

And without further adieu, here is the chapter list:

Chapter 1: Viva La Vida

Chapter 2: Aint No Rest For The Wicked
Chapter 3: Be My Escape
Chapter 4: Hit the Road Jack
Chapter 5: Long Way Home
Chapter 6: Requiem for Self-Exile

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Since no one has written something here, --and that' a shame-- I'm going to say things. (I kind of had a hand in editing so, of course, I think this is a promising start, but biased opinion is biased. )

The snark is strong with this one. And it's pretty dang amusing.
Saffy is an adorable names, and red ink sounds awesome.
This is chockful of some cool headcanons and details. Makes for a dark, gritty feeling story already.

Also cliffhangers. Dang it, Reed. Though I guess the character wishes they were hanging off a cliff instead of where they are now.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
when you're at the bottom, you can't get much lower

This chapter covers another character--but I promise, it ties into the plot. i can't handle a full ensemble story too hard 4 me

Chapter 2: Aint No Rest For The Wicked

To promote discussion because I do want to know what people think of the story... what does Mabyn seem like? Is she interesting as a person? If so, what makes her interesting? If not, why not?

What does Octoling society seem like? Any thoughts on its inner workings?

Are the cliffhangers decently done?

Last edited:

L95

Inkling
Um, you linked to some youtube video. (still got to chapter 3 by going to another chapter and navigating from there.)

EDIT: Oh, music reference in the title. Bleh, I should be sleeping at 1 AM not looking at fanfics lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom