• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Neo Splash-o-matic: Analysis and Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Neo Splash-o-matic
wst_shot_precision01.png

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
-WIP-

Cost:

-WIP-

Shop Description:
-WIP-

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Low
Damage: Low
Fire Rate: High

Sub:
wsb_bomb_handy.png
Burst Bomb

Special:
wsp_supershot.png
Inkzooka

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filename:
wst_shot_percision01

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Neo Splash-O-matic.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
It's a fantastic alternative to the original, for sure. I don't really like the inkzooka myself, but burst bombs are quite helpful in making up for some of its shortcomings. I'll probably stick to the original since I love suction bomb rush, but this just might be my go-to in Tower Control.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I really like this weapon just as much as the original Splash-O-Matic. Sure, there's no more Suction Bombs or Bomb Rush, but the Burst Bombs are also handy for quick damage and splatting enemies more easily. Meanwhile, I feel that I can get the Inkzooka much faster than with other weapons that have it as a special (mostly because it's an O-Matic); considering there are foes with chargers/Dyanmo Rollers/anything whose range outmatches the weapon's, it's a pretty handy special to have.

Now I'm pretty much set on doing a juggling act between this, the original SOM, and the N-ZAP '89.

Shroomsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shroomsy
Personally I love this thing, the sub and special are a perfect compliment to its amazing coverage/ttk and crummy range. Burst Bombs with a few skill enhancements are excellent at pressuring foes outside shooting range while staying mobile and laying down safe ink. Inkzooka is a fantastic zone breaker that's great at forcing people out so you can abuse your superior coverage to quickly take back turf. It might be the maps that favor it but I think it's a fantastic all-rounder, I like it even more than the tentatek.

Anomilus

Inkling
NNID
Hyperdon
Eww people actually LIKE burst bombs???
They're amazing if you know how to use 'em. You build up damage from a distance, then engage the foe with your weapon. Having taken damage from the bombs, they normal go down before they can fully retaliate. These are basically long-range melee weapons, not actual explosives like Splat and Suction Bombs. With the right perks, I only need a direct burst bomb hit followed by a single shot to score a KO.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Burst Bombs aren't a good fit with this weapon. Short ranged sub + rapid fire, short ranged weapon = redundant sub.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Still wish it had Seeker sub but i'm starting to like the brust bombs the more and more i used them and i've always loved the Inkzooka so i like it.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I was waiting for new abilities for this weapon and this isnt what I desired. I wanted Seeker and bubble. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like it. I'll give it a try and come back here.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
I love this weapon sooo much. It's definitely going to be one of my mains next to the standard splash-o-matic. I've really got used to the Suction Bomb Rush and I still love the Suction Bomb rush to death, but having the Inkzooka on the Neo as well as Burst Bombs is really, really nice.
However I miss the Standard's ability to change the wind of battle when using a Suction Bomb Rush at the right moment, painting a large area and pushing back enemies. I guess I'll make use of either one depending on mode and map.
God I love the Splash-o-Matics so much.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ok, after messing around with this weapon, I've grown to love it. It solves my problems with the normal splash-o-matic by having a much more offensive pressure set.

Burst bombs are way more useful for hitting opponents than Suction bombs. (Though they have there places).

Burst bombs helps where a normal shooting of the gun wouldn't by giving me the damage I need. Also, the blast of the bomb gives a nice more inaccurate shot that helps as well. Especially mixing it up with normal firing and a burst bomb. It even helps in a supportive role. You throw a burst bomb at the opponent, and your teammates finish them.

Last but not least, the inkzooka is always a favorite of mine, allowing me to "point and kill." Much better for me than the slightly too chaotic Bomb Rush, (though again, it does have its places).

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
What Gear Load Out do you guys use?

Also, I think it's crazy that I like this weapon, it seems so.. Basic. Lol

tanDaMan

Inkling
NNID
downeaznboi
This is my main. I love flinging burst bombs. I gear up with sub range up items and get burst bomb kills from a distance. Two direct burst bomb hits is enough to kill.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
It's basically a better MG with more accuracy and a better sub. Use your fast rate of fire to stay mobile and sneak up on your enemies. Burst bomb harassment is always fun.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
I effing love this weapon too.

@ChiePet Swim speed up is a practical must. :clothes_tel006: is GREAT if you can get swim speed up plus 3 run speed subs. Your mobility is really excellent, and is effective if you can master its high accuracy. Ink saver sub helps since the burst bomb nerf, and generic abilities related to special are handy too.

@WaifuRaccoonBL I think this is relevant because of the nerf since my playstyle had to change because of this. The burst bomb essentially became more of a mobility tool over an offensive weapon, since it leaves you with minimal ink if you haven't equipped ink recovery/saver sub. What I think of the burst bomb now:

-Better for scaling walls (noice blast radius)
-If you happen to get stuck in enemy ink with Inkzooka, a smart burst bomb at the ground takes care of that problem, I highly recommend this
-It may cost a lot of ink but it covers a solid amount of ground extremely quickly. If you're trying to get from place to place but there's some enemy ink splattered around, a quick burst bomb really helps you burst right through. This is also great if you're trying to escape somewhere where there's no ink. You could do this before but individual burst bombs are now more effective at the job
-Offensive powers were minimalized. Being left with 20% ink after going for a kill, and potentially missing, is just not really worth it. One then some shooting kinda works though.

What do you think? The burst bomb has become more of a defensive/mobility tool now Imo.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am writing a Burst Bomb guide for support players that centers around the Neo Splash. This gun has been ridiculously buffed.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
I've found so far the best out put for this weapon is to go full speed; all my subs/mains are run and swim speed ups. The aim of the set up is disruption: distracting the opponent by immediately/constantly being on their turf, in their face, with full intentions you will die for being there, but not without taking a few with you before doing it all over again. I've had nothing but fun (and success) with it. Only other options i'd suggest are replacing a Run speed main with Comeback or Ink Saver Sub.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I've found so far the best out put for this weapon is to go full speed; all my subs/mains are run and swim speed ups. The aim of the set up is disruption: distracting the opponent by immediately/constantly being on their turf, in their face, with full intentions you will die for being there, but not without taking a few with you before doing it all over again. I've had nothing but fun (and success) with it. Only other options i'd suggest are replacing a Run speed main with Comeback or Ink Saver Sub.
Sanic Neo Splash is actually really solid as long as you and your team make up for not having suction bomb. You shouldn't be dieing unnecessarily though.

Also just so everyone knows, i'm still working on the Neo Splash guide, it's just taking a long time since I've been so busy with the gear editing community. It's still coming!

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Sanic Neo Splash is actually really solid as long as you and your team make up for not having suction bomb. You shouldn't be dieing unnecessarily though.

Also just so everyone knows, i'm still working on the Neo Splash guide, it's just taking a long time since I've been so busy with the gear editing community. It's still coming!
I will say, though; if my set up is put onto the Sploosh-o-matic instead, it becomes ridiculous. S+ Rank stupid. I like it more on that, but I think all variations of the "o-matic" weapons can Sanic with great success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom