• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Neo Sploosh-o-Matic: Analysis and Thoughts

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This is the last automatic Shooter in the game to be released, so apprecitate it, squidkids! The Neo Sploosh-o-Matic, like it's Splash-o-Matic variant, is a, literally "New" redesigned version of the original with a different kit, being the Point Sensors and Kraken for an even more direct set of killing tactics. This would probably be better for even more pushing players who always focus on splatting.

Shop Description: The Neo Sploosh-o-Matic is a custom Sploosh-o-Matic emblazoned with an original emblem. Mark your opponents with the Point Sensor, and then crush them with the power of the Kraken! Getting in close is vital for this setup, so it is suited to battlers who excel at flanking their foes.

Shop Cost: 10200

Sub Weapon: Point Sensor

Special Weapon: Kraken

So, with all that said and done, please, leave your thoughts on the Neo Sploosh-o-Matic.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, the Point Sensors and Kraken make this version a bit better than the original since I can now track people to ruin with CQC. That said, I still feel this sub-special combo's a bit better for the Heavy Splatling Deco and the original Sploosh still has its uses.

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
I'll admit that I love Kraken and point sensors combo. This set kind of reminds me of the Jr. since they both have short range, great turf coverage, and an invincible special. I abuse it's turf coverage for a constant barrage of Krakens. I think swim speed up, special charge up, special duration up, special saver, and tenacity are good if you want to just spam Krakens. Your going to be outranged a lot with this weapon so ninja squid if you want to close in for a kill if you might've point sensored them, and don't care at all about Kraken. I wouldn't use Ninja Squid though.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'll admit that I love Kraken and point sensors combo. This set kind of reminds me of the Jr. since they both have short range, great turf coverage, and an invincible special. I abuse it's turf coverage for a constant barrage of Krakens. I think swim speed up, special charge up, special duration up, special saver, and tenacity are good if you want to just spam Krakens. Your going to be outranged a lot with this weapon so ninja squid if you want to close in for a kill if you might've point sensored them, and don't care at all about Kraken. I wouldn't use Ninja Squid though.
No, this is a strictly pushing weapon, so Ninja Squid would be unwise.

So how do I delete a post that's essentially a repostView attachment 2185
You don't. You just edit it, as you did there. But you're still free to leave your thoughts on this weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
No, this is a strictly pushing weapon, so Ninja Squid would be unwise.
Why? The Sploosh is used for sneaking up on people, I think Ninja Squid is great on it. If you're gonna sneak up, staying hidden is key.

(I'd say more but I think I've said everything I wanted in the other thread)

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
If we are talking about close quarters combat I'd rather just stick with the ink or octobrush rather than this thing.

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
Guess this is a rare case where you use the kraken to actually get closer to the enemies instead of using the last kraken seconds to retreat.

Still the Krak-On Roller can do the same with more range...

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This was a fun weapon to use. It's definitely for the bravest of players, since it is essential to get in close with this thing in order to kill or cover ground. Point Sensor is great for making sure that your enemies are going right where you want them, into your dead zone, and Kraken is great for rushing down the longer ranged weapons who back up to try and get the kill. This set is most certainly best for pushing the front lines. If any person excelling in close range/rushdown combat wants an automatic Shooter for pushing the offense, then this is the set for you.

deepseadiva

Full Squid
It feels so good to actually throw something with a Sploosh. Beakons are so whack, and Point Sensors aren't much better but it least it has RANGE.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
I played it a bunch in turf war today.

Point sensors compliment this gun: pinpointing exact enemy location shores up the main weakness of this gun: its very short range.

Ninja squid is a viable option because of the Splooshes fast ttk, but I've had more luck with run and swim speed up. I want to rush down opponents, and as previously mentioned, swim speed up complements kraken.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I think I'll actually start posting reasons with my ability recommendations. Everyone else is doing it with theirs and it gives another layer of viability, you know?

Stackable:

Defense Up (if you're pushing and being defended by long range weapons, you want them to have as hard of a time killing you as possible so you can rush them down)
Bomb Range Up (Point Sensors are this weapon's only source of range, and that should be maximized as much as possible. Make sure all enemies are rushing into your dead zone)
Swim Speed Up (Both for improvement of Kraken speed and for rushing back to the front when Super Jumping might not be the wisest idea at the moment)
Run Speed Up (Rushdown purposes)
Special Duration Up (gotta keep that Kraken going)

Main-Exclusive:

Opening Gambit (this is a super pushy weapon. Get out into the field as much as possible.)
Ink Resistance Up (with its short range and particular playstyle, you'll probably get stuck in enemy ink a lot. Don't let it weaken you too much)
Haunt (if you're in the front lines, then the enemies who kill you most likely will be too. This lets your whole team know where they are and where they might be pushing in)
Stealth Jump (you'll want at least some sneakiness in your pushing. Maybe stack Quick Super Jump to counter the speed nerf as well.)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Cold-blooded is also a very useful Main-Exclusive ability. i'd say it's better than all the ones you mentioned above.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Strangely instead of an assassination weapon it feels more like a zone control one. Point sensors threaten to let you track the enemy if they try to hide or sneak up on you instead of retreating. Kraken is complete zone control for a period of time. And the weapon itself is extremely dangerous if you just allow the opponent close enough. I think a lot of time instead of getting the kill, you're going to be pressuring and threatening the kill if they don't retreat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom