• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[October 10-11] INKSTORM I - EndGame Circuit - $500+ Prize Pool - Presented by EndGameTV

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer

Greetings, fellow inklings!​

I’m KT, here to announce Inkstorm, EndGameTV's first Splatoon tournament as part of the 2015 EndGame Circuit. This is Splatoon’s first pay-in, casted tournament. We’re super excited to launch into Splatoon to give the most professionally executed tournaments possible, and promote what we see as an incredible Splatoon community. Without further ado, welcome to Inkstorm!

DATES

Registration Opens: Saturday, September 19 at 3:00 PM EDT

Registration Closes: Friday, October 9 at 3:00 PM EDT

Tournament Dates: Saturday, Oct. 10 - Sunday, Oct. 11
Start Times: 2 PM EDT Each Day

FULL RULESET

TEAM CAP

FINAL: 36 TEAMS

Payments of $20 per team or the European equivalent must be sent by the registration deadline [Oct. 6] to endgamestaff@gmail.com via PayPal.

Teams may register with a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 6 players. When registering on our website, team leaders will need to provide the following team information:

• Team Name
  • Team Tag
  • Primary Timezone
  • Team Logo*
  • Team Email
Team leaders must also fill in information for each individual on their team, including:

• Player Name
  • NNID
  • Country
  • Stream*
*These fields are not required for teams to have.

Please note that the team email must be used as the email from which teams make their pay-in via PayPal.
If your team registers and does not show up, we will replace your team with any team on a waiting list. For teams on a waiting list, refunds will be made if they do not end up being placed into the tournament.

for more information on rules / format, refer to our second post.
DAY 1 - Group Stages / Early Bracket
Times: 2:00 PM EDT to Close (Estimated 7-8 PM EDT close)
  • Round Robin format, Halo-style map rotation.
  • Eight (8) groups of up to six (6) teams each.
  • Each team plays a minimum of 5 matches.
  • Top two (2) teams from each group advance.
  • Winners Rounds 1-2 and Losers Rounds 1-2 are played, each of which are a Best-Of-5 series.
DAY 2 - Top 8
Times: 2:00 PM EDT to Close (Estimated 7-10 PM EDT close)
  • CS:GO-style map rotation.​
  • Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals to be played in a Best-Of-7 series.​
  • All other matches to be played in a Best-Of-5 series.​
Details on exact check-in and tournament times will be released Saturday, September 19.

BROADCAST / COMMENTARY INFO

EndGame will be broadcasting each tournament day from select groups and matches on our Twitch. If you would like to commentate, please contact @EirikN here, via PC, or by email at endgamestaff@gmail.com. There is no guarantee that you will commentate.

For a successful viewing experience, we would appreciate it if most teams could have a stream for their team, so that we are able to view matches and commentate over them.

PRIZE POOL

FINAL: $720

Let's be clear; none of the pay-ins will be made for a profit. They will all go towards the $1000 prize pool. *The only way we can reach this prize pool is if we hit our team cap of 48 teams. Please encourage other teams to sign up to make the prize pool as big as possible!

1st: 50% ($360)

2nd: 20% ($144)

3rd: 12.5% ($90)

4th: 7.5% ($54)

5-6th: 5% ($36)

ENDGAME CIRCUIT

This tournament will be part of the 2015 EndGame Cicuit. The EndGame circuit is a series of 3 tournaments played from month to month. The Circuit acts as qualifiers to Splatoon's first league, the EndGame Splatoon Premier League (ESPL). The winner of each tournament will gain an invite to the premier league of Splatoon's top 8 teams, where they play in weekly, casted matches to determine the best teams around.

EndGame has established itself in its first year as a major tournament provider in the competitive Mario Kart community. The Mario Kart World Cup, held for the second time in 2015, featured top players in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 and reached the front page of Twitch, becoming the most visible competitive MK tournament to date. Building on our past experience in online tournaments as well as new staff, EndGame is ready to branch out into the world of Inkopolis!

Our goal is to bring a professionally organized tournament to the Splatoon scene and to promote its overall development.

If you have any questions at all regarding tournament setup, rules, or other information, please join the discord server. A TO will get to you as soon as possible.

Director of Splatoon Tournament Organization:
@KTKres | Inkopolis Underground

President of EndGame, Public Relations:
@EirikN

Vice President of EndGame:
@luigisly | Offshore

TO: @BonFire | Inkopolis Underground

Vice President, Public Relations:
@Hope | Imperious

Director of Public Relations:
@Static | Overlook

Tournament Organizer:
@BonFire | Inkopolis Underground

Website developer:
@BetoMan | betoman@mkworldcup.com

Head Graphic Designer:
@Raymie

Graphic Designer:
@skyphoi

Last edited:

EirikN

Full Squid
NNID
Novaxxe

further explanation found below

SETTING UP MATCHES

Setting up each team's matches will take place over our official Discord server. There’s no fancy items to set up, just have a web browser and you’re set! Enter our Discord server with your team's tag and your player name. If you would like a private room in our server, let us know beforehand so we can set it up.

EXPLAINING THE FORMAT

Early into Splatoon’s competitive meta, we won’t know what works 100% and what doesn’t if we do not try it. Some of what you see below is somewhat new. We will try to address any questions you have.
On Day 1, Halo-styled map rotations will be used. To put it simply, the style means that Group Stages and the first two rounds of the bracket will have their modes and maps designated before teams play. The modes you see for Day 1 will be used in their corresponding rounds, and the maps designated to play each round will be revealed come registration day [September 19]. We believe the Halo-styled map rotation to be a good fit for group play, as it's an efficient means of having a mass amount of matches played. For more information and explanation on the Halo-style map rotation, click here.

On Day 2, Top 8 will be operating on a different ruleset, which we think will take slightly more time to get accustomed to. A CS:GO style of map rotations allow for teams to have some degree of control and added strategy in selecting maps, while keeping a healthy degree of gametypes to select from. The 4 gametypes from a team must be all different maps and at least 1 of each mode.

Because the CS;GO ruleset is a bit more complicated, matches in Top 8 will be assigned referees to help out with the progression of the pick/ban phase. Teams must listen to everything a referee says. Cooperation is very key with this ruleset, but if done correctly, it allows for what we believe to be an appropriate ruleset for teams meeting in the Top 8 of a tournament.

BonFire

Full Squid
NNID
rollmops99
Feel free to contact the TOs for questions about Inkstorm or EndGameTV :)

Rookie

Inkling
NNID
Rookie06
so I don't know if I just skimmed too much cuz I have to go now, but how much is the fee for each team?

EirikN

Full Squid
NNID
Novaxxe
so I don't know if I just skimmed too much cuz I have to go now, but how much is the fee for each team?
$20 per team, averaging out to $5 or less per player. Each team will play 5 guaranteed best of 5 matches in their group stages.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOO Im about to lace my boots for the ROMP DESTRUCTION THAT'S ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE. Its time to play boys.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
You had me until Rainmaker.
So we're not allowed to test things out to make sure that they don't work before we don't use them? I thought this is what the meta wants. Well, here it is. Most gametypes will be played at minimum 40 times between 40 different teams.

EDIT: Also take note that RM appears less than the other modes in the group stage. We planned it this way.

Last edited:

Power

Inkling Commander
Very interesting. With this much money on the line (relative to other splatoon tournies), I could see people being very serious about this. Hopefully I can establish a strong team to enter.

Edit: With rainmaker in the mix, this is probably the point where its competitive viability will be exposed. Should be interesting.

EirikN

Full Squid
NNID
Novaxxe
@Agosta44, that belief over RM is exactly why you won't be seeing RM for more than one round in Group Stages or Brackets. Teams will have the option of banning out Rainmaker maps in Top8 if they so choose to. Even though RM is being permitted, it's to a limited degree based off the feedback we've seen about the mode so far. We'll use this tournament as a means of deciding whether we are to continue with using RM in future EndGame tournaments or not.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
This looks great! I know you had expressed interest in doing something big for the Splatoon Community, and I'm really happy to see it come to fruition.

As for rainmaker, I'm glad to see it in this tournament. It's not nearly as uncompetitive as Turf War, even if some people don't like it. @Agosta44, you aren't paying to test something for the TOs. You're paying to join a tournament, which also happens to be testing something that the community really needs tested. If you don't like it, then don't join. Though I imagine Offshore has a chance of placing high enough for prize money.

Crazykonga

Inkling
NNID
Crazykonga
That's great, but I don't understand the 6 players limit. Each team should have a least 6 players (and max 8 if you want to), or there will be many unplayed matches because of some players having a problem, you just can't allow a team with 4 or 5 players to register imo.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
That's great, but I don't understand the 6 players limit. Each team should have a least 6 players (and max 8 if you want to), or there will be many unplayed matches because of some players having a problem, you just can't allow a team with 4 or 5 players to register imo.
Yeah, 6 people at max is kind of a weird rule to put out there. May I ask what the TO's had in mind with this?
Teams may register with a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 6 players.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
The 6 player limit was used to limit subbing between games without placing a strict ban on subbing. Due to the tournament being in a one-and-done style, we felt that the 6 players on a team should all be available to play with their team.

Most tournaments are adopting this one-and-done style. This is what we learned from Ink or Sink, which is still going on. Players on the roster should be available to play.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
The moment I read this. I was like omg i have to register. Then I saw registration doesn't open til the 19th. Dangit just take my squad's money! :,(

All kidding aside I absolutely cannot wait for this. Glad to see other people also trying to help the community in such a major way. I wish you guys the best of luck, and hope this'll inspire more people in the community to keep growing Competitive Splatoon at an extremely fast rate! Keep it up!
*gets pumped, finishes hw, turns on Rocky Music, starts training*

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
The moment I read this. I was like omg i have to register. Then I saw registration doesn't open til the 19th. Dangit just take my squad's money! :,(

All kidding aside I absolutely cannot wait for this. Glad to see other people also trying to help the community in such a major way. I wish you guys the best of luck, and hope this'll inspire more people in the community to keep growing Competitive Splatoon at an extremely fast rate! Keep it up!
*gets pumped, finishes hw, turns on Rocky Music, starts training*
Haha, what's this "finish home work" thing you speak of? I thought we were procrastinating buddies. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom