• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Official Splatoon Manga Question

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
(First off, Mods, feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong forum.) I know there's an official Splatoon manga; does anyone know what volume they're up to now AND where to get English copies digital or physical? If you need to know what I'm talking about here's a scanned in image that was found on Known Your Meme. Thanks in advance! :)

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Oh cool, they actually made a manga of this. I always knew this would make a good series. Would love to see an anime adaption of this; even if its in short form.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Oh cool, they actually made a manga of this. I always knew this would make a good series. Would love to see an anime adaption of this; even if its in short form.
i'm the (unofficial) translator of the manga, so here's my input!!

the manga is honestly great. i believe it was intended to be a promotional one-shot, before the game came out, but i suppose it was just so popular that it got a bunch more issues. ive had people suggest that it'll end about december, maybe early next year. that ain't half bad, honestly!

and i've though a lot about an anime adaption, or even an anime adaption of the game's hero mode. it'd be so great, but at the same time, i'm not sure? a fair amount of humour in the manga comes from knowledge of the meta surrounding the game (the strength-up joke in issue 4, for example). i have no idea if that works in anime adaptions?? it'd be amazing to see, though i haven't heard any word of it..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom