• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

One man's trash, is another man's treasure!

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Are you looking for that one top, that just never seems to be in your shop? Can't get ink savor main on your hi-tops? No Ninja Squid tops for sale? Well this is the thread for you. Post your NNID and the item you, along with any sub-abilities you want on it and someone may have what you want! To get an item from someone, add them, then play a game with them, go to the plaza, find them, order that piece and spyke will get it to you the next day. Post an item, and I'll add you to the OP! When you get it

Click the hyperlinked name of the item, to see a picture of it!

All hates/headgear - @LinkJr
What each is most likely to get as subs!

Eclipse5632 said:
I think it’s pretty common knowledge by now that most brands in Splatoon have a higher chance of rolling a certain ability, while having a lower chance of rolling another. For instance, Krak-On gear is five times more likely to get Swim Speed Up, but Defense is half as likely as other abilities to appear on those items. However from just those numbers it’s difficult to get a sense for exactly how much of a chance you have of getting two or three of the same ability on an item, even if you’re using an advantageous brand. That’s why I decided to crunch some numbers and calculate what the probability is of getting different ability combinations, partially so I could have an idea what level of investment it would take to get what I want.

In this analysis, I’ll be using the following terms to refer to the abilities affected by different brands:
“neutral” = an ability that has the normal, base chance to be added to gear
“favored” = 5x more likely to roll than the neutral abilities on that brand
“unfavored” = 0.5x as likely to roll than the neutral abilities on that brand

For tl;dr purposes, I’ll discuss my results first and you can take a look at the link at the end if you want the details about the math.

Chances of getting the favored ability in...
...exactly 1 slot: 42.2%
...exactly 2 slots: 19.3%
...all 3 slots: 2.78%.
...0 slots: 35.1%

Chances of getting a specific neutral ability in...
...exactly 1 slot: 15.2%
...exactly 2 slots: 1.4%
...all 3 slots: 0.06% (1 in 1636)
...0 slots: 83.4%

Chances of getting the unfavored ability in...
...exactly 1 slot: 8.1%
...exactly 2 slots: 0.5% (1 in 205)
...all 3 slots: 0.02% (1 in 6545)
...0 slots: 91.4%

There are also a few brands (KOG, Cuttlegear, and Amiibo) that do not favor any abilities. Here’s what the odds are for getting a specific ability on those:

Exactly 1 slot = 17.1%
Exactly 2 slots = 2.6%
All 3 slots = 0.2% (1 in 455)
0 slots = 80%

There are a couple of interesting takeaways here:

1) If you want an ability that isn’t favored by a brand (e.g. Bomb Range Up) or you don’t like any of the items that are made by a brand that favors it, you’re better off using one of the three brands with no favored abilities over a brand that has it as a neutral or unfavored ability.
2) You have a better chance of getting a single unfavored ability than you do two neutral abilities or three favored abilities.

Also, one metric that I like to think about when trying to wrangle with probabilities is how many times I have to try something in order for the overall chance of success to be more than 50% -- in other words, for the chance of you succeeding at least once to be greater than the chance of failing every time (assuming you don’t succeed before then). Here are those numbers for each case:

1 favored = 2 attempts
2 favored = 4 attempts
3 favored = 21 attempts

1 neutral = 4 attempts
2 neutral = 48 attempts
3 neutral = 1,134 attempts

1 unfavored = 9 attempts
2 unfavored = 142 attempts
3 unfavored = 4537 attempts

What we can take away from this is that if you want three of the same ability, using a brand that favors that ability is really the only feasible option. Of course, it’s not impossible with other brands -- just varying degrees of improbable. Needless to say, trying to get three of an unfavored ability is ludicrous, not to mention the exorbitant costs you would likely incur -- just getting past the 50% barrier would run you 136,110,000 cash.

More info about the calculations here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QnA8xaepy4psSonKUfKPJOQ3FOjUq9B2fPplb1KHqQY/edit

@Njok https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/155tTWKy6YCwJPmAIVbCPeLDsjqFdgTJkyiSIJWXNeyQ/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone with the link is free to edit so if i forgot anything feel free to do so. Or if you are really lazy post it here and i'll do it :D

Also, i added a request tab. Please use it only for requests that are not yet offered by anyone. I've added something as an example (although if anyone actually has it: gimme gimme gimme!!).
I'll start first:

@HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™

@Eclipsc70

:head_eye004: with :ability_tenacity: and :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_bot003: with :ability_inkresistance: and :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

@CrazyDude
Dark Urban Vest :clothes_vest002: *** - (Main) :ability_coldblooded: - x3 :ability_inkrecovery: or x3 :ability_haunt:

@Arcadian

Safari Hat: Ink Saver Main, 3x Ink Saver Sub
Black Squid-Eye: Run Speed Up, 3x Ink Recovery
Clownfish Basics: Special Charge Up, 3x Swim Speed Up

@doritos29 - 5thelement
Tentacles Helmet - x3 Specail Duration Up

@ladyfoster
Wingtip Shoes

@Sharpzz
Cyan trainers - x3 damage up

@Saltystick
NNID: Wummer
LF: One of the items in the spoiler or something similar. Basically, they want an item with 3 of the same ability on it. Doesn't matter what item or even the abilities.

ITEMS YOU MIGHT WANT
@Symph
Sporty Bobble Hat - x3 special saver
Layered Vector LS - x3 specail charge up
White Shirt - x3 ink savor main

@Eclipsc70
navy blue cycling shirt with :ability_coldblooded: and :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

@Math
baseball jersey - x3 ink savor sub

@SquiddiamFancyson
pink polo [ Ninja Squid] Sub - Abilities ink saver main x3
White headband - ink recovery, damage up x3
Fake contacts - special charge up, ink recovery x3
Pink shrimp polo - ninja squid, ink saver main x3
Red hi tops - ink resistance, swim speed up x3
Rockenberg boots - ink resistance, run speed up x3

@Thebluehero

@Njok
Zekko Hoodie (Ninja Squid) with 3 special savers

Clownfish Basics (Special Charge) with 3 swim speeds
Crazy Arrows (Stealth Jump) with 3 special charges
@Symph
Sporty Bobble Hat - Tenacity with x3 Quick Respawn
Tinted Shades - Last-Ditch Effort with x3 Special Saver
strapping reds with ink resistance and 3x ink saver main!

@vtroid5
Neon Sea Slugs - Ink Resistance Main with x3 Ink Recovery Up Subs

@Egregore

White Zekko Glasses - 3x Special Saver

Sporty Bobble Hat with 3x Quick Respawn

Sage Polo - 3x Ink Saver Main

Dark Urban Vest - 3x Ink Saver Sub

Red Hi-tops - 3x Swim Speed Up

@JarBear
Camo Mesh Cap - x3 Ink Saver (Sub)

@Njok
Camo Mesh Cap - 3x Ink Saver (Sub)
Rainy Day Tee - 3x Swim Speed Up

@HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™
Sage Polo - x3 Ink Savor Main

@Frog

@Arcadian - NNID: SpeedofSloth

White Arrows: Special Charge Up, 3x Swim Speed Up
Cherry Kicks: Stealth Jump, 3x Run Speed Up

@TheFreightrain
Squid-Stitch Cap :head_cap004:*** - (Main) :ability_openinggambit: - (Subs) :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_quickrespawn:

@CleanSweep - NNID = exalt9
Baseball Jersey - Special Charge Up main and 3x Ink Saver (Sub) if anyone needs it.
Tan Work Boots [Main Bomb Range Up] 3x Run Speed Up.

@HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™
Sage Polo :clothes_plo003:* - (Main):ability_coldblooded: - :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Studio Headphones :head_hdp000: *** - (Main) :ability_inksavermain: - (Subs) :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Hi - Tops :shoes_shi005: ** - (Main) :ability_inkresistance: - (Subs) :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Gas Mask :head_msk000:*** - (Main):ability_tenacity: - (Subs) :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Snorkel Mask :head_eye005: ** - (Main):ability_damage: (Subs) :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Anchor Sweat :clothes_swt006: ** (Main) :ability_coldblooded: - (Subs):ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
White Head:head_first: * (Main) :ability_inkrecovery: - (Subs) :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@doritos29
Straw Boater x3 Quick Respawn

@xCoCo
Baby Jelly (Defense Up) x3 ink saver main
Jungle Hat :head_hat001: *** - (Main) :ability_inksavermain: - (Subs) :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
Pink Sweater :clothes_swt002: ** (Main) :ability_defenseup: - (Subs) :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@ladyfoster
Shirt & Tie (Main) Special Saver x3 ink saver (main)

@MakesDream
White Anchor :clothes_tes022:*** (Main) :ability_stealthjump: - (Subs) :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@McToffin,
Headgear

:head_cap002: = :ability_defenseup: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:head_cap005: = :ability_specialcharge: + :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:head_ncp003: = :ability_tenacity: + :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: (Infinitely better than the Squidvader IMO)
:head_first: = :ability_inkrecovery: + :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Clothes

:clothes_amb000:
= :ability_inkrecovery: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:clothes_plo001: = :ability_runspeed: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:clothes_tes003:= :ability_coldblooded: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_swt006: = :ability_coldblooded: + :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:clothes_vest002: = :ability_coldblooded: + :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:clothes_tes005: = :ability_damage: + :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
Shirt and Tie (August Update) = :ability_specialsaver: + :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

Shoes

:shoes_bot003:= :ability_inkresistance: +:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
Strapping Reds (August Update) = :ability_inkresistance: + :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

:shoes_shi005: = :ability_inkresistance: + :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

And I also have a few non-triples that I still find very good, or even better than the intended triple:

Headgear

Sun Visor (August Update)
= :ability_bombrange: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_bombrange::ability_inkrecovery:

:head_vis001: = :ability_specialcharge: + :ability_inksaversub::ability_specialcharge::ability_inksaversub:

:head_hbd002: = :ability_damage: + :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_damage:

:head_eye005: = :ability_damage: + :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_damage:

Clothes

:clothes_tes000:
= :ability_inksaversub: + :ability_damage::ability_inksaversub::ability_damage:

Shoes

:shoes_sht002:
= :ability_inkresistance: + :ability_defenseup::ability_damage::ability_damage:

@"Bolt
:head_eye004: - :ability_tenacity:(main) :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: (sub)
:shoes_slp002: - :ability_defenseup: (main) :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: (sub)
@Flareon
I have the Turqoise Kicks :shoes_lts002::ability_specialcharge: + :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
The Tan work boots :shoes_bot001::ability_bombrange:+:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Last edited:

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
I believe when you order gear, you don't get the sub abilities, only the main one as if you ordered it from the shop. This is still a nice idea though, I'll be sure to check my inventory (I've been hoarding!)

Hinichii.ez.™

I believe when you order gear, you don't get the sub abilities, only the main one as if you ordered it from the shop. This is still a nice idea though, I'll be sure to check my inventory (I've been hoarding!)
You get the subs, iirc. But if you order from someone who had a 1 star item, and added slots, you only get the first sub and no additional slots.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
LF: Anything where all of the 3 sub abilites are the same. (Excluding damage and defense up)

Something like that would be perfect:

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

LF: One of those or something similar

and any boots with ink resistance other than the krak on red hi tops.
I have the blue moto Boots, but don't know if you want them... they have ink savor main, quick respawn and bomb range up.

They look like that, but navy instead of brown. They don't have a pic of it up on the list yet.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
You get the subs, iirc. But if you order from someone who had a 1 star item, and added slots, you only get the first sub and no additional slots.
I think it's an increased chance to get the same subs, but not guaranteed

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
I have the blue moto Boots, but don't know if you want them... they have ink savor main, quick respawn and bomb range up.

They look like that, but navy instead of brown. They don't have a pic of it up on the list yet.
oh thanks forgot to mention not those either (they're just too ugly D: ) thank you for your offer tho!
i know there's at least one other boots with ink resistance.. neon green/yellow ones. i'm looking for those! (or well any other ones but blue moto/red hi tops)

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
I've only ordered once and I didn't get any sub abilities unlocked on it. I might have got this confused. So do you still have to unlock the abilities as normal? But they're not rolled randomly, just selected?

Hinichii.ez.™

I've only ordered once and I didn't get any sub abilities unlocked on it. I might have got this confused. So do you still have to unlock the abilities as normal? But they're not rolled randomly, just selected?
It' weird to me. I coulda sworn you get the subs. I ordered a 2 star item last night, but only got the first ability. I'll check the guide and post what it says about the matter.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
..Can you order gear you already have so you get the same clothes with different subs?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very useful thread! If I didn't already have everything I wanted I'd definitely be using this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom