• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

PROJECT: Stage locations in the world of splatoon

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So after making this post a while ago, i got the idea of locating where the maps used in online battles in splatoon where located while using inkopolis plaza as my base. By finding similar objects in maps, i'm able to pinpoint where it is. so far I have a rough idea of where three maps lie. Arowana Mall, Hammerhead Bridge and Blackbelly Skatepark. In all three maps a tower can be seen that's more than likely based on the Tokyo Sky Tree. This tower can be seen in Inkopolis Plaza as well. not only that, but hammerhead bridge also has a ferris wheel which can be seen in Inkopolis Plaza on the left. Pictured below.
inkopolis plaza.jpg

arowana mall.jpg

blackbelly.jpg

Hammerhead bridge 2.jpg

The tower is somewhat hard to see, but it's between the tallest building and the bridge. The ferris wheel can also be seen on the right.
So with this information, i was able to make a really rough (and ugly) sketch of where these maps are located. (in reply below)

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
splatoon map.png

Now i do run into some trouble. I can’t find the ferris wheel in arowana and it’s no where to be found in blackbelly. Also the bridge seen on Blackbelly looks nothing like hammerhead. But it’s just speculation afterall.

I’ve also found a connection between Inkopolis Plaza (more specifically Sheldon’s training room), Flounder Heights and Camp Triggerfish. Electric poles can be seen going through all three of these maps and i was able to find out where flouder and triggerfish lie in relation to each other but not to the plaza. I mountain range of unspecified length seperates the two.
flounder heights.jpg
camp triggerfish.jpg

ammo knights training facility.jpg

the one's in the training facility are somewhat hard to look at since there are high buildings in the way, but there are more that can be seen in the training facility.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Now i'm asking help from you fellow squidkids. This is what i have so far and i'll be detailing some trouble I've ran into.
When super jumping in Kelp Dome, the only thing i see is a wide open field with some mountains and trees, so that's somewhat a dead end.
Walleye Warehouse, Urchin Underpass and Moray Towers all lie within the city of course, but it's hard to pinpoint where. I may have found some correlation in Urchin and Moray. Urchin lies underneath a freeway and one can be seen in Moray, but further testing is needed. Mahi Mahi is another dead end, because the hotel is a lot larger than the super jump height, so it's hard to see where it is besides at the coast. Other maps may have correlations, but further testing is needed. I'm in the middle of exams, so I can't be very active in this thread at the moment. If anyone at all wants to participate, feel free to leave your ideas below.

Last edited:

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
The indoor maps are kind of impossible to add to the map, especially Walleye since the only light from the outside comes from the skylights.

MahiMahi appears to be outside the city proper, like Triggerfish, which makes sense for it being a resort and all. Inkopolis itself seems to be pretty tropical in some places and temperate in others.

Bluefin appears to be across some sort of waterway from Inkopolis, maybe the same one that separates Skatepark and Mall. Port Mackerel is worth scoping out to see if anything can be seen above the containers, though I'd bet my hat that it'd be near Bluefin.

This is sort of like how in Super Mario Sunshine you can see the other levels in whatever level you're in, only not nearly as easy.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The indoor maps are kind of impossible to add to the map, especially Walleye since the only light from the outside comes from the skylights.

MahiMahi appears to be outside the city proper, like Triggerfish, which makes sense for it being a resort and all. Inkopolis itself seems to be pretty tropical in some places and temperate in others.

Bluefin appears to be across some sort of waterway from Inkopolis, maybe the same one that separates Skatepark and Mall. Port Mackerel is worth scoping out to see if anything can be seen above the containers, though I'd bet my hat that it'd be near Bluefin.

This is sort of like how in Super Mario Sunshine you can see the other levels in whatever level you're in, only not nearly as easy.
Yeah, definitely. I completely forgot about Port Mackerel:confused:. Need to check it out today when it's in rotation. I've also seen some apartments similar to the ones in flounder in Bluefin Depot.

tollock

Inkster Jr.
The apartments in Bluefin seem to be in ruins, which makes sense since the map is most likely based on Hashima Island. When looking into the distance on Bluefin, you can see something that could be Port Mackerel (big crane structures). There's also a tower, but it doesn't quite look like the one you see from Booyah Base or Arowana Mall (picture). As a ruined / deserted industrial area, Bluefin is probably somewhere on the far edge of the Inkopolis Harbor.

Regarding Urchin Underpass, I have a feeling that it's somewhere near Hammerhead Bridge. I can't back it up with any real evidence because I don't have a Wii U (sadly), so this is pure speculation. However, Hammerhead Bridge kind of looks like Rainbow Bridge in Tokyo Bay, and the Highway above Urchin Underpass with its curvature always reminded me of the ramp leading up to it.
Also, the Inkopolis Ferris Wheel could represent the Cosmo Clock 21 in Yokohama's Harbor Area and Booyah Base kind of looks like a combination of Shibuya and Tokyo Tower (this probably doesn't help you, but I found it interesting anyway...).

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
(this probably doesn't help you, but I found it interesting anyway...).
Are you kidding? This is very useful information. I haven't thought of using japan as a means of finding map locations. I knew the locations were based on japan, but i had no idea it was this close. Definitely have to look more into this. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
Callie says that Urchin Underpass could be under the freeway thus it is slightly confirmed by the game that Moray and underpass are somewhat connected

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
Here's a clearer view of inkopolis from Hammerhead Bridge (at night) http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/File:Seeing_inkopolis_from_hammerhead_@_night.png

Notice anything interesting? The tower near the ferris wheel is nowhere to be found. However, there is another bridge in the background that looks more similar to the one in the background of Blackbelly Skatepark.

http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/File:SaltsprayRigp3.jpg
Not my own photo so it's not the best view, but there is a bridge clearly visible in the background of Saltspray Rig. I definitely think it resembles the bridge seen in the background on Hammerhead Bridge, so it's not much of a stretch to say where Saltspray is relative to the rest of the city. And speaking of bridges...

http://www.peterchristiansen.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Splatoon-Octo-Bridge.png
This is taken from Bluefin Depot, leading me to suspect that it's near the base of what the url calls "Octo Bridge" and resembles the one from Saltspray and Blackbelly.

I was hoping to shed some light on the whole thing, but this other bridge that isn't Hammerhead really messes with the perspective of this map. An arguement could be made that the bridge in Blackbelly is what Hammerhead was originally planned to look like, but I'm somewhat skeptical.

Edit: Realized that Hammerhead Bridge appears in the background for Moray Towers, as seen here. http://cdn.wikimg.net/splatoonwiki/images/6/6b/MorayTowers2.jpg
Perhaps Camp Triggerfish is behind the mountain range shown here?

Last edited:

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
Has anyone yet notice the front entrance to the Multiplayer is a resemblance to the Eiffel Tower in Paris France? If it was brought up i apologize for bringing it up again

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Wasn't it similar to some Japanese tower or something?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Has anyone yet notice the front entrance to the Multiplayer is a resemblance to the Eiffel Tower in Paris France? If it was brought up i apologize for bringing it up again
The tower is actually completely based of of the Tokyo Tower. The only differences being the structure of the tower is slightly different and the one in Tokyo is red and white while the one in the game is green.
Here's a clearer view of inkopolis from Hammerhead Bridge (at night) http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/File:Seeing_inkopolis_from_hammerhead_@_night.png

Notice anything interesting? The tower near the ferris wheel is nowhere to be found. However, there is another bridge in the background that looks more similar to the one in the background of Blackbelly Skatepark.
WVW69iqA9Rk5e81cZL-1.jpg

Like i said, the tower is definitely there. It's just incredibly hard to screenshot, because the bridge can get in the way.

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
The tower is actually completely based of of the Tokyo Tower. The only differences being the structure of the tower is slightly different and the one in Tokyo is red and white while the one in the game is green.
Oh ok thank you for the clarification. Wasnt sure if it was that or the Eiffel Tower. Thank You

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Edit: Realized that Hammerhead Bridge appears in the background for Moray Towers, as seen here. http://cdn.wikimg.net/splatoonwiki/images/6/6b/MorayTowers2.jpg
Perhaps Camp Triggerfish is behind the mountain range shown here?
Oh yeah, one more thing.
There's actually two bridges that can be seen in moray towers.
moray tower bridges.jpg

whether either one is hammerhead bridge or not is up for debate, but i don't think either one is hammerhead, even though they're very similar. but yeah, the mountain range can also be a clue. gotta look more into it. thanks.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
It's probably based on the Tokyo Skytree, which can be seen from Tokyo Tower.
Oh my god, Yes, thank you. I figured there was a skyskraper like that in japan, but i didn't bother looking because i typed these in a hurry. Gonna go edit the thread now.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I love that you are doing this. I often looked out from the plaza and wondered where things were located.

Is there a ferris wheel visible from Moray at all?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I love that you are doing this. I often looked out from the plaza and wondered where things were located.

Is there a ferris wheel visible from Moray at all?
Thanks a lot. Not that i know of. But it'll be on the next rotation so i'll check it out, after the smash direct that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom