• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Questions and Comments

Njok

Bouncer
Just wondering how the maps are chosen and why you decided to go with only 2 per session. Just to be clear, i'm not criticizing, i'd just like to know the reasoning behind it :)

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Just wondering how the maps are chosen and why you decided to go with only 2 per session. Just to be clear, i'm not criticizing, i'd just like to know the reasoning behind it :)
I chose Salt Spray Rig because according to [this] thread that's what most people thought was the most balanced map and Back Belly Skate Park because I wanted to go with one of the original 5 but a lot of people dislike AM, we don't know how UU is going to turn out, and I didn't want this to be the same maps as the Test Fire by including WW. Nevertheless, all of these maps will eventually be chosen. Two maps because that's what everyone's use to and it's easier to choose a weapon that works best for a small number of stages rather than a lot of them. Thanks for asking and being cool, Njok!

UltraGamer89

Inkling
NNID
Mariobros4
Wait a minute, isn't that event time the exact time the NA Splatfest starts? I mean, do we know if private rooms are available during Splatfests :|

Edit: Never mind, I accidentally read it as 9PM PT/ 12AM ET

Last edited:

UltraGamer89

Inkling
NNID
Mariobros4
Also, I was adding all the people on the spreadsheet, but the game won't let me add the people whose NNIDs are "Brock" and "Kite", apparently because they are too short. Kite is going to be in Session 1, apparently his information is incorrect or something.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Also, I was adding all the people on the spreadsheet, but the game won't let me add the people whose NNIDs are "Brock" and "Kite", apparently because they are too short. Kite is going to be in Session 1, apparently his information is incorrect or something.
Hmm... that's strange. I PMed them just a moment ago, hopefully they'll reply soon. Thanks for pointing that out!

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Jrdellx's NNID is Jrdell, not kite. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I haven't heard back yet from Ganny, or Brock as the NNID.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
So... why ooVoo? Also, will there be an actually site called Splat Ladder like Smash Ladder?
I'm actually ditching ooVoo in favor of Skype, which is optional. No, there will not be an entire site devoted to Splat Ladder, just a little group page run by me and maybe a couple others if it becomes necessary.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I'm actually ditching ooVoo in favor of Skype, which is optional. No, there will not be an entire site devoted to Splat Ladder, just a little group page run by me and maybe a couple others if it becomes necessary.
I better not have a virus from installing oovoo after this... I will be pretty upset.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Sorry for double post, but i jsut wanted to let you know I was just giving you a hard time haah. And cool with teh groups deal. Will join.

Njok

Bouncer
Here i am again :D Sorry if i am asking questions which are already answered somewhere but i find the whole layout of these groups a bit confusing and i can't find anything. I'm sure that's just me being an idiot though.

Anyway, are we playing 10 games in a row or will there be a break / opportunity to switch weapons? Also, are you going to draw teams before we start or just let the game match at random?

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Here i am again :D Sorry if i am asking questions which are already answered somewhere but i find the whole layout of these groups a bit confusing and i can't find anything. I'm sure that's just me being an idiot though.

Anyway, are we playing 10 games in a row or will there be a break / opportunity to switch weapons? Also, are you going to draw teams before we start or just let the game match at random?
The groups in the conversation title don't mean anything, I just ran out of space in the first group so I made a second one and wanted to distinguish the two.

We're actually playing 12 games, I don't know if I made a typo somewhere, and you are allowed to change weapons, we'll just wait for said player to be ready. The teams are going to be random, I figure it's the easiest and most fair thing we can do right now. Maybe down the road players will be split up by rank.

Thanks for your concerns, I'll make everything clearer next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom