• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Rest in Peace President Iwata.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Seriously? Wow... Just... I don't even know what to say. Dying at such a young age too... Thank you for everything Mr Iwata. You brought so many people so much joy, and i hope that your legacy will continue, even if you're no longer with us. You won't be forgotten...

NNID
bdon25
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone."

R.I.P Iwata. You were amazing. You brought so much joy directly to me. Not just me, but many gamers as well.

Purge

Inkling
I thought they were joking when I first heard about this. However he did what our lives are made for, leaving a legacy.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
To think that he had passed away so suddenly...this is completely shocking.

I'm so sad to see you go, Mr. Iwata. You were an awesome man.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Rest in piece, Iwata.
I have only respect and condolences for the person who was not only a phenomenal programmer, but used those roots of fun and gaming to drive the vision of such an creative company.

....The Earthbound/Mother series meant the world to me when I was younger. Knowing that he was the one to essentially program Earthbound from scratch... and continued to have a hand in the making of Mother 3... I'm crushed.

You will be missed.

Last edited:

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I didn't have the greatest childhood. My parents divorced when I was young. I had a slight speech impediment when I was younger and was bullied because of it. Was very hard to make friends. Many of Iwata's games helped me escape the reality of my life at the time. They helped me meet my first childhood friends whom I would never have met if it wasn't for Iwata. His work influenced my life in ways I can't even imagine. He helped me get through my childhood.

I don't know where I would be or what I would be doing without Iwata. It's insane how influential someone that you have never met and now will never meet can be on your life. I owe a lot to that man. He will be sorely missed.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
At the end of the day, he's right. Video games are meant to be fun. Fun for everyone.

He will always be the person I look up to in life.

#DirectlyToYou

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I fell in love with his games, so I guess that means I fell in love with him too...

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. You are a legend, and no one has the right to say otherwise. That opinion deserves to be a fact, even if it cannot logically be one.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
>.> I don't if anyone else wants to do this, but I've noticed some people dressing their Splatoon Inklings in all black to pay respect to Iwata. ...I kinda just did that too, even if it's a small gesture.
There are so many rest in peace posts in Inkolpolis right now....It's heartwarming and devastating.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
I've just been crying since I heard the news.

There were already too few people in this world like Mr. Iwata; it breaks my heart knowing that now there's one less.

Njok

Bouncer
RIP and thank you for all you have done for gaming. Those are some big shoes to step into :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom