• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

SCL 9: Holiday's End Hullabaloo- January 10th

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword

Squids and Squidettes:
We at SCL are proud to announce our ninth Splatoon Community League tournament-
SCL: Holiday's End Hullabaloo
Sunday January 10th at 1PM EST
Number of Signups: 43

We still don't have more entries than Call of Duty has games. But one day... One day

We're back to bring you one more installment in our Single Elimination Biweekly Tournament Series: SCL- Holiday's End Hullabaloo. Put your skills to the test once again in this Single elimination tournament on Sunday, January 10th at 1:00 PM EST! Fight to the death before college and high school begin sucking the life out of you again.

How to Sign up
Then, you can leave a post in this thread telling us that your team has signed up, as well as the discord username of the representative who will be present on the discord channel during the tournament. This is mostly just to be able to doublecheck who's signed up or not in case something goes awry, and to reference discord representatives. Note that this is not mandatory, but I highly recommend doing it

If you are unable to sign up through challonge for some reason just tell us here and we'll put you in. Also include your Discord Username in that post. But doing it the above way better ensures I don't make mistakes.

And if for whatever reason the links do not work, let me know. I doubt that will be the case.

Rules For Signups
Team members may only be on one team per tournament. Teams found to be running the same player will be approached and questioned. If the problem persists, then disciplinary action will be taken, possibly resulting in disqualification and/or in bans from future competitions. This will usually not be resorted to unless teams are found to be non-compliant.

every team may only play up to 8 different team members, and must have at least 4 team members, including the team captain. Squads with more than 8 players must split these players into different teams. EX: Splatoon community league has 16 people, so we would make two teams: SCL1 and SCL2, for example. These teams would be ranked separately.

How the Tournament will be Run
On January the 10th at 1 PM EST, teams are expected to be prepared to play. Discord representatives will need to be online in the Discord chat. where the TOs will be communicating with them. You can find a link to the Discord server at the bottom of this post.

Teams will be asked to play against each other as laid out in the Challonge bracket which will be provided slightly ahead of time. This tournament is not taking place over an extended period of time. As such, teams are expected to remain active until they are knocked out of the tournament. If a team is not responsive when their match is set to be played, they will be disqualified from the tournament.

if your opponent is unresponsive, then do not delay and let the TO's know about the situation. Do not leave the tournament for extended periods of time unless necessary or unless you have a long break, and please let us know if you have to leave.

Games are played as a best of 5 set, until the top 4, which will be played as best of 7 sets.

We will be using Halo-Style Map Rotations in this tournament. In short, maps and modes are predetermined ahead of time. For more information on Halo Map Rotations rules, check out this thread. The list of maps to be used in this tournament can be found below.

You may also sub up to 2 players from your roster in between games, every time. You may of course sub in less than that or no one at all.

We do have a Bronze Match for this tournament.

Gametype List
gametype list

Round 1
TC Underpass
RM Depot
SZ Hammerhead
TC Flounder Heights
RM Museum

Round 2
RM Moray
TC Blackbelly
RM Kelp Dome
SZ Urchin
TC Arowana

Round 3
SZ Walleye
RM Piranha
SZ Arowana
TC Hammerhead
RM Flounder Heights

Round 4
SZ Kelp Dome
TC Mahi Mahi
TC Mackerel
RM Walleye
SZ Bluefin

Semifinals
TC Walleye
SZ Museum
RM Bluefin
SZ Blackbelly
RM Saltspray
SZ Piranha
TC Moray

Finals
RM Arowana
SZ Camp Triggerfish
RM Urchin
TC Saltspray
SZ Hammerhead
RM Moray
TC Flounder

Connection Rules

>If a team has at least one person drop in the course of the match, then that team may stop playing immediately and call for a replay. The same setup and player list must be used for the replay, except in the case where a person cannot reconnect for whatever reason, then that person may be swapped out. Matches can only be replayed in this manner once by each team, so any D/Cs in matches after that one must be played out. If the match ends very quickly afterwards so that it is very clear it wouldn't have made a difference in the results, then this rule cannot be invoked. If a team continues to play after a D/C it will be presumed they did not intend to call for a replay.

Also, if a large amount of people randomly D/C from both teams, both teams must stop playing and a replay will be played. This replay does not count as either team's replay.

We don't expect too many D/Cs in the tournament, and will be watching for teams that alledgedly D/C an overly large amount. If possible also get what proof you can in case a dispute is had.

If your game is having lag, play on. If you want to report extremely laggy to the point of being unplayable games, after you get the evidence you need, such as video, if you have to set it to upload or something please continue and finish the set anyway. In most situations we will make you play on, and this saves time. Switch hosts, check your internet connections and do whatever else you can to try to alleviate the problem on your own as well.

Reporting Problems or Asking Questions
Players will be expected to provide evidence of any bad sportsmanship, rule breaking, or otherwise, preferably through screenshots taken with a phone or from a livestream or something. Depending on the infraction, punishments will be given out as needed.

If you are caught lying or faking evidence, you will be disqualified, your team will be disbanded, and the team captain will be banned indefinitely from SCL and all our future tournaments, unless another player is proven to be the one behind it, in which case he/she will be banned instead. Everyone else on the team will receive a warning for a certain period of time. Methods will be used to check accounts we expect to be alts of banned players. Bans will extent to NNIDs and IGNs as well, and a banlist will be made as soon as the first person is banned. Infraction history will also be kept, and worse sentences may be given out in the future if the player has been found to be a repeat offender.

List of TOs for this tournament:
@Aweshucks
@Fightersword
@Flying_Tortoise
@GameGalaxy64
@WydrA

Go to Me or Aweshucks first. We tend to be the most available.

Important Links:
Discord Server
Bracket

Remember that this is a bi-weekly tournament series, so expect our next tournament to be about two weeks after this one, and keep an eye out for that sign-up thread​

Last edited:

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Happy monday guys. the OP was updated once again with the number of signups (check the bracket link to see who's in). From what I can gather this week is a bit busy for quite a few people who are returning from vacation. I hope a lot of you can make it and signup over the week, but I expect a tournament more in tune with our usual numbers rather than another huge one. I hope I'm proven wrong of course, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Hey guys, just a few more days to the tourney. We're up to 18 teams according to Challonge, which is pretty good so far with the more complicated schedules and the fact we share a weekend with another, larger tournament (King of the valley), which I would also recommend if it wasn't at its player cap. If you plan on signing up, remember you have all the way up to an hour before the tournament starts to do so, but after that I won't be able to accept you. At that point all the setup is going to be wrapped up etc. Have a good one you guys. See you on game day.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
TSB/XLT signing up (Discord: Cloudy)

Last edited:

Xena

Inkling
NNID
thomp.k
CQC Squids signing up. Discord rep: me, Drunk Xena

Meyli

Inkling
NNID
Jenninaitsu
Fresh of Squids signed up!

Discord: Luncheon

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
Retro Squids (AKA Team Nintendome just rebranded) signing up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom