• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SCL Super Ultra Turbo Edition: 3rd Biweekly Tournament Friday October 2nd

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks

Squids and Squidettes:
We at SCL are proud to announce our third Splatoon Community League tournament-

SCL: Super Ultra Turbo Edition (Bi-weekly #3)
Friday October 2nd Starting at 8:00 PM EST

current signups: FULL!

After the success of our first two tournaments, we're back to bring you one more installment in our tournament series: SCL: Super Ultra Turbo Edition! We're switching a few things up this tournament, namely hosting on a different day and running a double elimination bracket, but the core experience will still be the same. Put our skills to the test once again in this 16 team double elimination tournament on Friday, October 2nd at 8:00 PM EST!

How to Sign up
Team captains are expected to post a roster in the following format. This roster will not only be used for this tournament, but it will also be entered as a team in SCL: our custom ranking system, so that you may be ranked when playing against other SCL teams during this tournament, and during ranked matches at any other time. If you are already signed up for SCL, you can simply post your team name down below. This second option will hopefully be applicable for most of the teams returning from the previous tournament.

All signups need to be made following the rules and format below. Make sure all the information is there and correct. Your team will be edited in to the bottom of this post after you are added, and we will let you know if you mess something up.

Rules for signups. If you're not already signed up with SCL, read these carefully

Teams must name a Team captain. This is the person who we expect to typically make the posts and decisions for the team, and the person whom we will go to for queries. This does not necessarily have to be the person who makes all the posts, but they are expected to be the decision makers and are personally liable for the team's decisions. In the event of cheating, the team will be disbanded from our ranking system and the team captain and team captain alone will be banned for a fair amount of time, unless evidence is provided by the team that someone else is at fault.

Team members may only be on one SCL registered team at a time. Teams found to be running the same player will be approached and questioned. If the problem persists, then disciplinary action will be taken, possibly resulting in the disbanding of team(s) and the banning of the at fault player(s) and Team captains. This will usually not be resorted to unless teams are found to be non-compliant.

every team may only have up to 8 team members, and must have at least 4 team members, including the team captain. Squads with more than 8 players must split these players into different teams. EX: Splatoon community league has 16 people, so we would make two teams: SCL1 and SCL2, for example. These teams would be ranked separately.

Signup Format Reference
Note that we only need the squidboards username for the team leader, but if you want to post it for the rest of the members, then feel free.

Team Name:
Team Leader-
Squidboards Username:
IGN:
NNID:
Member 2-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 3-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 4-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 5-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 6-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 7-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 8-
IGN:
NNID:
Main Time Zone-
Contact Information-

How the Tournament will be Run
On Friday the 2nd at 8 PM EST, teams are expected to be prepared to play. Team leaders or another designated representative will also be expected to be present in the Discord chat, where the TOs will be communicating with them. You can find a link to the Discord server at the bottom of this post.

Teams will be asked to play against each other as laid out in the challonge bracket which will be provided ahead of time. This tournament is not taking place over an extended period of time. As such, teams are expected to remain active until they are knocked out of the tournament. If a team is not responsive when their match is set to be played, they will be disqualified from the tournament.

Games are played as a best of 5 set, until the top 6, which will be played as best of 7 sets.

This is a double elimination bracket, so teams must lose two sets before they are knocked out of the tournament.

We will be using Halo-Style Map Rotations in this tournament. In short, maps and modes are predetermined ahead of time. For more information on Halo Map Rotations rules, check out this thread. The list of maps to be used in this tournament can be found below.

You may also sub up to 2 players from your roster in between games, every time. You may of course sub in less than that or no one at all.

Map/Mode Comboes For Tourney:
Maps will be played in the order they are presented for each round. If you are confused or have any questions please ask.

TC: Tower Control
RM: Rainmaker
SZ: Splat Zones

Winners Round 1:
SZ Camp Triggerfish
TC Blackbelly Skatepark
SZ Arowana Mall
RM Bluefin Depot
TC Walleye Warehouse

WInners Round 2:
TC Moray Towers
RM Urchin Underpass
SZ Blackbelly Skatepark
TC Hammerhead Bridge
SZ Saltspray Rig

Winners Semis:
RM Hammerhead Bridge
TC Kelp Dome
TC Saltspray Rig
SZ Walleye Warehouse
SZ Flounder Heights
TC Arowana Mall
SZ Bluefin Depot

Winners Finals:
SZ Kelp Dome
SZ Urchin Underpass
TC Walleye Warehouse
TC Bluefin Depot
RM Moray Towers
SZ Saltspray Rig
TC Camp Triggerfish

Grand Finals:
TC Flounder Heights
SZ Hammerhead Bridge
RM Port Mackerel
TC Urchin Underpass
SZ Bluefin Depot
SZ Blackbelly Skatepark
TC Walleye Warehouse

Grand Finals 2 (in case of bracket reset):
RM Arowana Mall
SZ Urchin Underpass
TC Saltspray Rig
SZ Kelp Dome
TC Moray Towers
SZ Walleye Warehouse
TC Camp Triggerfish

Losers Round 1:
TC Moray Towers
RM Urchin Underpass
SZ Blackbelly Skatepark
TC Hammerhead Bridge
SZ Saltspray Rig

Losers Round 2:
RM Port Mackerel
TC Kelp Dome
TC Saltspray Rig
SZ Walleye Warehouse
SZ Flounder Heights

Losers Round 3:
SZ Bluefin Depot
SZ Port Mackerel
TC Moray Towers
RM Camp Triggerfish
TC Arowana Mall

Losers Quarters:
SZ Kelp Dome
SZ Urchin Underpass
TC Walleye Warehouse
TC Bluefin Depot
RM Moray Towers
SZ Saltspray Rig
TC Camp Triggerfish

Losers Semis:
TC Arowana Mall
SZ Hammerhead Bridge
TC Urchin Underpass
SZ Saltspray Rig
TC Blackbelly
SZ Flounder Heights
RM Port Mackerel

Losers Finals:
RM Flounder Heights
SZ Walleye Warehouse
TC Moray Towers
SZ Bluefin Depot
TC Arowana Mall
RM Kelp Dome
SZ Urchin Underpass

Deliberately going out of bounds to stall with the rainmaker (such as this), will result in a loss for the team that initiated it.

Disconnect Rules
A team that experiences more than one player disconnect during a match OR any number of disconnects within the first 30 seconds of a match can, once per set, void that match. In any other circumstance, the round will play out as normal. We do this to try and prevent extreme swings due to disconnects, since in splatoon you can not reconnect mid match like in many other shooters, while also trying to avoid the system being abused.

Note that we do not expect very many disconnects during this tournament, if any, so we will not overlook teams that disconnect every match or otherwise constantly, even if they provide proof that the disconnect happened, as there are still ways to abuse the system for benefit. The one match limit is, similarly, in place for this reason, and to keep the tournament moving in the case of bad connections all around.

If a team experiences disconnects after they have already used their reset, then they must play out the game. If every player D/Cs in this fashion, then it will count as a loss

The exception is if an extreme amount of players disconnect randomly from both teams: the match will be reset like above, but it will not count against either team.

In the event that a game has to be replayed, everything must be played in the same manner as the first game. This includes gametype, weapons, and players. The player that DC'd must play again as long as there is a reasonable expectation that they are able to play.

Reporting Problems
Players will be expected to provide evidence of any bad sportsmanship, rule breaking, or otherwise, preferably through screenshots taken with a phone or from a livestream or something. Depending on the infraction, punishments will be given out as needed.

If you are caught lying or faking evidence, you will be disqualified, your team will be disbanded, and the team captain will be banned indefinitely from SCL and all our future tournaments, unless another player is proven to be the one behind it, in which case he/she will be banned instead. Everyone else on the team will receive a warning for a certain period of time. Methods will be used to check accounts we expect to be alts of banned players. Bans will extent to NNIDs and IGNs as well, and a banlist will be made as soon as the first person is banned. Infraction history will also be kept, and worse sentences may be given out in the future if the player has been found to be a repeat offender.

List of TOs for this tournament:

Main TO: @Aweshucks
Sub TOs:
@Fightersword
@Flying_Tortoise
@GameGalaxy64
@WydrA

We hope this tournament goes even better than the previous one, and that the rule changes and additions made help foster an even better tournament. We hope that you all enjoy yourself, and come out of this feeling it was a positive experience. Good luck to every team involved, and we hope you bring home the gold.

Remember that this is a bi-weekly tournament series, so expect our next tournament to be about two weeks after this one, and keep an eye out for that sign-up thread.

The following teams are currently registered for this tournament:

IU Water
SquidKids
Aether
Squid Squad Spades
Green Team 1
Green Team 2
NSTC
Cthuligans
Octarian Elite Squad
SDS Alpha
Squid Squad Clubs
C-
Pick Me Up
Squiddernauts Omega
The Squid Box
Get Kraken

Handy Links:

Splatoon Community League
Bracket

Discord Server

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Next SCL Tournament: "SCL Super Ultra Mega Edition ver. 4.0 with the same old rules" :P

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
That's a result of the maps being chosen semi-randomly. I did my best to make sure there weren't too many repeats or anything but sometimes I miss stuff. Because you asked so nicely, I've fixed it.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
You got lucky Shucks changed it before I weighed in. Don't expect this to happen again. I agree that's a lot of RM, and RM is kind of eh, but if I'd gotten here first it probably wouldn't have been changed. Be ready to play anything, don't expect this to happen again for you or anyone.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Lol I didn't switch it from rainmaker, I just changed the map. We only have 1 rainmaker game per set, and I'm not going to remove it completely

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Lol I didn't switch it from rainmaker, I just changed the map. We only have 1 rainmaker game per set, and I'm not going to remove it completely
Well either way guys, don't expect us to make changes to the map list at all at complaints or request. Sometimes the map setup will be lame in some areas, and maybe if we look back on it we will change it if it seems weird, but we expect teams to be able to play whatever maps we provide. That's a big point of halo style. Changing it at the request of a team(s) also can be unfair to other teams.

Feel free to point out something in a respectable manner, but don't expect us to change is, is basically what I'm saying.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
agreed. I changed it this time because it was a blatant mistake that I missed, and because it's fairly early on in the process (no teams have even signed up yet).

Don't expect that if you have a problem with the maps that we will always change them for you

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
You got lucky Shucks changed it before I weighed in. Don't expect this to happen again. I agree that's a lot of RM, and RM is kind of eh, but if I'd gotten here first it probably wouldn't have been changed. Be ready to play anything, don't expect this to happen again for you or anyone.
Don't get your panties in a bunch hotshot.

Kiver

Full Squid
NNID
KiverZ
How the Tournament will be Run
On Friday the 2nd at 8 PM EST, teams are expected to be prepared to play.
Rip Europeans teams.
Couldn't it be moved back at 2-3 PM EST or so ?

Last edited:

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Rip Europeans teams.
Probably not that early. That would catch a fair amount of people in classes/at school over in the states since it's a friday.

We'll look at moving it to a bit earlier though if we think it will work out. We'll discuss it today.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Rip Europeans teams.
We've talked about it and have decided not to change the time. This is the best available time for the TOs, as well as I'm sure a good amount of american teams. Additionally, we changed the time for our last tournament and had a host of problems that arose from it, so we'd rather not do that again. We understand that this is a terrible time for european teams, and we're really sorry about that. Rest assured that our next tournament will be at a more euro-friendly time.

My apologies.

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
So no chance of the time being earlier? Waking up at 3am to play isn't exactly ideal for me and a bunch of other players in my team.. ._.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
So no chance of the time being earlier? Waking up at 3am to play isn't exactly ideal for me and a bunch of other players in my team.. ._.
yeah, unfortunately. It's a friday so we do have to work around school and other obligations over here in the states. It's not even just the teams, I know some of the other TOs on my team would have a lot of trouble doing an earlier time than this on Friday. Even I would have to rush home from college to get it done. People farther west than me would have an even harder time. I'm central time, and I want to personally be setup in front of the comp a couple of hours before the tourney, meaning I have to be home by around 5 PM from college. I can be later than that of course, but I schedule my time that way to make sure I have a buffer period if unexpected things come up, and to make sure I have roll call ready and that the bracket is set up and shuffled, can clear up problems posted that day a fair amount of time before the tourney, and other logistics.

The tournament after this one will almost certainly be at a better time for euro teams, though, so if you can't make this one keep an eye out for that one. We won't, however, move the time from the slot we have setup for this one.

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Nevertheless, our team is going to sign up

Team Name: Aether

Team Leader- Demiose
Squidboards Username: @Demiose
IGN: Æ☆Demi
NNID: iEndzone

Member 2- @Burritoburger
IGN: Æ☆BB
NNID: Burritoburger

Member 3- @Hey
IGN: Hey! (YGM)
NNID: llama-llama-duck

Member 4- @Dne1494
IGN: Æ☆Dean
NNID: dnedun1494

Member 5- @Supernova
IGN: Æ☆Galaxy
NNID: Galaxeh

Member 6- @Blast
IGN: Æ☆Blast
NNID: blastystoise

Main Time Zone- EST
Contact Information- On Discord as 'Æ | Demiose' And Skype as 'iendzone' (Also just on SB)

Gi.

Senior Squid
NNID
OldboyNin
SquidKids signing up

Team Captain: SK | Gi
NNID: OldboyNin
Already in SLC chat

SK | Michu

SK | Argo (previously IGN was Drew, same NNID)

IGN:OHKO
NNID: MtnDrew33

Sub:

IGN: RyGuy
NNID: Mr.megusta11
Let me know if this suffice.

Last edited:

Power

Inkling Commander
Is it cool if I sign up with a team that has no intention of being in SCL rankings?? (essentially a random pick up team, if I can find one...) : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom