• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splash-o-matic: Analysis & Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Splash-o-matic
wst_shot_precision00.png

Lv Unlocked in Shop:

Cost:

Shop Description:
"One for the pros. Not outrageously powerful, but highly accurate. This weapon really comes into its own in the hands of someone with good aim."

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Low
Damage: Low
Fire Rate: High

Sub:
wsb_bomb_hold.png
Suction Bomb

Special:
wsp_freebombs_bomb_hold.png
Bomb Rush

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filename:
wst_shot_percision00

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Splash-O-matic.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
For starters, this weapon is seriously fun! Especially with my favorite combo, Suction Bombs and Suction Bomb Rush. Good for absolutely anything! Probably the second most balanced weapon behind the Splattershot and Tentatek Splattershot tied for first. But I'll do a complete overview when I unlock all weapons and do a big swath of posts on all of your threads on each weapon @WaifuRaccoonBL

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Works wonderfully well once you bring in Bomb Range Up + Ink Saver/Recoveries. What the weapon lacks in distance, the Suction Bombs make up in distanced pressure. The Suction Bomb Rush is quite useful when capturing the Splat Zone without having to leave yourself open.

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
I'm trying to figure out what to wear in my torso slot for this weapon.

So far I have:
:head_cap006: :ability_swimspeed: ( :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:)
:shoes_sht002::ability_inkresistance: ( :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:)

and I'd like to get something with either damage up main or three damage up subs, since it lets me still 4HKO random players with a defense up main or a bunch of subs.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Phobos

Inkling Commander
The anchor sweat is probably a safe option (cold blooded, on squid force), but I'd probably also want to experiment with the squidmark sweat (bomb range up, on squid force), since bomb range up will improve your power to apply pressure from a distance with suction bombs (and so complements some of your other gear choices), and gives you more options with bomb rush.

-Toasty

Inkling
I really got around to appreciate this weapon as of late. I was using the Slosher ever since it came out, but the relatively okay stats paired with the Suction Bomb (Rush) is sure to pack a punch or two.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
This thing is my favorite weapon for a few reasons.

1. The design. Looks like a super cool steampunk water gun, and my favorite design released so far.
2. The accuracy. Unlike most miniguns, this thing has crazy accuracy which gives it a great TTK if you aim well, even at a range.
3. The ink coverage. This is one of the fastest turfing weapons in the game, which is great for supporting your team, charging your special, and scoring in turf wars.
4. The loadout. Suction Bomb rush is so fun. Suction bombs on their own are good zoning tools, but the rush allows you to completely clear out and control an area, while covering a ton of ink. It charges fast too, since your last few bombs can add to the special meter and you already have good turf coverage.

Gear wise, I run a set that allows me to spam Suction Bomb Rush as much as possible.

:head_eye004::ability_tenacity:l:ability_specialsaver::ability_inksavermain::ability_specialsaver:
:clothes_tly008::ability_specialsaver:l:ability_swimspeed::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_sht003::ability_specialduration:l:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom