• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon lore: Weapon Manufacturers

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu
Edit: Updated

I made an an analysis of all weapon brands shown thus far. The weapons in Splatoon are created by companies distinct from the clothing brands we all know. Each brand has a theme and an aesthetic style,and dictates the naming convention for any alternate sets of their weapons. This includes main, sub and special weapons.

Last edited:

Zauron

Inkling
Hey this is actually pretty cool! It seems obvious now that you pointed it out but I didn't really notice the connection between weapon brand, alt weapon naming convention (deco, custom, etc), and the visual style of the weapons. Thanks for putting this together!

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu
Hey this is actually pretty cool! It seems obvious now that you pointed it out but I didn't really notice the connection between weapon brand, alt weapon naming convention (deco, custom, etc), and the visual style of the weapons. Thanks for putting this together!
Yeah, I felt pretty stupid when I realized this yesterday. I think part of what made it less obvious were the krak-on, forge, tentatek alternates and the custom splatter shot jr throwing a wrench in the pattern.

So looked at the japanese names for the weapons. The word custom is only used for the 'Custom' brand weapons in japanese. The custom splattershot jr, is called the "maple shooter" in line with the splattershot jrs name which is the "new leaf shooter". That and the krakon roller, the tenta splattershot, and the forge splattershot pro, are called "splat roller collab", splatshooter collab, and "prime splatshooter collab" indicating that they are collaborations with fashion brands. I'm pretty sure the japanese knew of these brands since the beginning given the added transparency of their translation.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now I want to see how a Bamboozler would work in a modern Turf War ;)

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
The odd thing about the blaster, is that despite being sorted into the same company as the squelchers and the E-liters, it's custom logo is different. They probably retconned what company it belonged to.

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
you should put pictures of the hero replica weapons for cuttlegear

also theres nintendo brand for the nzaps...but i guess thats not really something we dont know.

the rapid blaster should be in the deco section.

do we know what brand the beakon is in?

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu
you should put pictures of the hero replica weapons for cuttlegear

also theres nintendo brand for the nzaps...but i guess thats not really something we dont know.

the rapid blaster should be in the deco section.

do we know what brand the beakon is in?

Beakon, ink mine, burst bomb, echolocator, point sensor are the ones I dont know. If you look closely at the disruptor, it has the text for the Nouveau brand, so I should probably put that up. Beakon is either Deco or Custom but I cant tell because there are no logos on it. Point sensor looks like it has a logo along the top of the bomb, but i cant get a camera angle on it. I would update my gallery, but I created the album without an account, so I'd have to reupload everything.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
doesnt seem to be anything on the point sensor

also now we have the octoshot. which is a reskinned tentatek splattershot. probably cuttlegear

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I was looking forward pre-release to see if the brands would have a common theme much like in Borderlands, but with no really apparent branding pattern I shrugged and moved on, glad to see there is still some rhyme and reason to everything, they surely need a new name for the Custom Jr.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh man I love this. Maybe if the presentation a bit cleaned up and categorize all the weapons as they release then this thread would be a cool guide or thread to get stickied.

Curious about the disruptor- the game manual says they are filled with bodily fluids from a certain creature but the brand makes me wonder if it is actually paint thinner or some other extremely dangerous art product instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom