• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon RP: "Why is this happening?" OOC thread

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
"Look see here's my ID Im an INKLING not an Octoling" Rhin said to the police because once again, someone thought he was an Octoling due to his wavy Octoling-like hair. The person who reported him also pointed out that his tentacles were covering his right eye.

After all the convincing to the police, Rhin finally got the police to understand, it was his hairstyle. Rhin sighed "did any inkling ever heard of the phrase, 'never judge a book by its cover'?" Rhin said as he rolled his eyes.

Rhin has always been one of the most popular Inkling in Inkopolis for his hair, AND his battling skills. Speaking of battles, Rhin, like all Inklings, like one popular sport: Ink battles. Rhin was really popular becuase of his many victories on turf war and there was this rumor going around that ,even though it's prohibited, Rhin carries around his weapons at all times. This was true.

In the stringbag Rhin always carried around, was his Inktank and most important of all, his N ZAP '89. Rhin also used the Octobrush, but that couldn't fit in his stringbag, so he left it at the lobby. He walked around the plaza for around, occasionally hearing a few "wow look!"'s and "it's Rhin!"'s and finally, the clock hit 10 o' clock a.m and everyone heard the jingle, and everyone dropped and stopped what they were doing to look and listen to the Inkopolis news, and everyone's eyes were on the screen.

And again the squid sisters, Callie and Marie, were on live.

"Hold on to your tentacles!" Callie said "It's Inkopolis news time!" Marie said and Rhin was easily captivated by Marie. Ever since he saw her, Rhin had a HEAVY crush on Marie, and he knew all about her. The type of clothes she wears off screen, her favorite color, the type of music she listens too, everything! (You could say he was nuts about Marie)

"Before we reveal today's stages, some special news!" Callie said holding up a peice of paper with a note on it "well, whatcha waiting for? Tell us!" Marie said, with her fake smile (Rhin says it's her real smile)

"The news is... What?! Oh dear..." Callie said with a confused, yet surprised look on her face. She showed it to Marie, and Marie soon had the same look on her face too! (You could tell they were cousins!)

"Oh-ok I'll read it straight from the letter" Callie said as she read the letter.

"We are sorry to inform you this but all stages are closed and off-limits for the rest of month, we are sorry for the inconvenience but all the stages appear to be...destroyed."

All of a sudden, everyone gasped. And Inkopolis bursed into tears, confusion, and mumbling as pictures of the wrecked stages were shown, first with Blackbelly skatepark, the least destroyed, but still destroyed.

The Skatepark had its middle tower wrecked and was onto the ground, the ramps were detached, and the whole area had dents.

Saltspray Rig was worse. All pipes were cracked and pouring out steam and water, flooding the whole area.

Kelp dome was awful. The outer shell of the dome itself was damaged, and the grates off ground, were on the ground, wrecked to, and the ramps were destroyed too.

Port makeral had all the containers scattered all over the place, and the trucks were flipped upside-down.

Moray towers, well, wasn't moray towers anymore. EVERYTHING was disconnected and parts of it was on wrecked highways.

Urchin underpass, well, all they could show was giant cracks on the floor, not much happend there, but it was still wrecked.

Walleye warehouse was awful too! The conveyer belts were on the ground, wrecked, and boxes with different merchandise we scattered all over the floor.

Arowanna Mall was horrible. All shops were gone, glass was all over the stadium and the middle had been wrecked the most. Whoever did this drilled a hole straight through the center, leaving water in the center.

Last, but DEFINITELY not least, was Bluefin depot. Everyone understood that it was pretty easy to wreck this place. It's so old! But they didn't expect it to be like THIS. The train tracks were on what used to be the center area, and a train crashed into the whole area.

"Well, uh, I guess there's no stage news, cuz there's no stages today...but I guess you can enjoy your stay at Inkopolis and hang out there!" Marie said, trying to keep the upbeat attitude going, but there was no way Inkopolis was gonna regain joy with this.

"Until next time... STAY FRESH!!!!" The squid sisters said with a more depressed voice this time, and the screen turned black.

Everyone around Inkopolis either screamed, cried or mumbled to each other. Rhin was the most shocked to hear this, he almost collapsed on the ground.

Then all attention turned to him becuase he yelled, "WHO COULDVE DONE THIS?!?!" He yelled and everyone talked to each other and asked the same thing Rhin said.

Then Rhin whispered to himself, "why is this happening?!"

Your character has seen this event and have to find out who or what did this and how. It will take tons of effort and put your characters true powers to the test. You can either find the person and join him and betray everyone else, or take him down. It's all up to you.

Hey Guys! This is the thread you come to if you wanna sign up for the Splatoon RP, "Why is this happening?" Now, if I'm not mistaken, to make an RP you need people willing to dedicate some time to it right? So this is where you sign up! Your character can be anything you can imagine as long as it matches the sign up questions. I'll give more info on what this RP is about once I have people sign up.

In order for you to participate in my RP, you must fill out the following:

Inkling's Name:
Inkling's main weapon used for Turf wars: (can be more than one)
Eye color:
Hair color:
Hairstyle:
Clothing/hat/shoes:
Personality:
Special features: (I.e: Scar, cast, any type of injury)
Inkling's gender:
General Hobbys:

And that's all! You will be likely chosen since I rarely decline anything. Once I get about seven people, I will start the RP, so don't stall! Also, you Definitly don't have to, but if you have any references to your inkling's looks, just post them with your application. Just to give you a general idea, here's my character!

Name: Rhin Ardongale (pronounced "Rin")

Main weapon: .96 Gal Deco and L-3 Nozzlenose

Eye color: Dark Blue

Hair color: Dark Blue

Hair Style: Similar to that of an Octoling, Rhin's hair is wavy and his tentacles completely covered his right eye, making people think he is an Octoling, but he ignores it.

Clothing/hats/shoes: He wears Designer headphones on his neck, a white anchor tee, and blue moto boots.

Personality: Rhin is a very competitive player in turf war and loves it so much, he sneaks around Inkopolis with his weapons (which is banned.) although he hates it when someone points to him and screams "OCTOLING!!!!" And has to explain to the police that it's only his hair, he is a very popular squid in Inkopolis and loves doing turf war. Even though he is really popular in Inkopolis, Rhin plans to be the freshest kid ever known, and has a heavy crush on one of the squid sisters, Marie.

Special Features: other than the wavy, Octoling-like hair, none

General Hobbys: Dancing, Playing turf wars and being fresh!

So cmon and sign up! Don't wait any longer, sign up people! :)

Registered people:

1: Rhin Ardongale
2: Sophia Latimanus
3: Bolt
4: Blakely Humboldt
5: Terence
6: Blitz
7: Kbot
8: Kei Corriente

There are no more sign ups, so this thread is a mere question thread now.

The IC thread will come around Tuesday. I will pm all of you ppl to let you know.

Last edited:

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
I dunno, isn't it kinda backwards to ask for people to join before divulging the plot? How are people really supposed to know they're interested unless they know what they're roleplaying? How are you supposed to create a character without having a read on the universe they're a part of? Like, we know the game, but that's its own arc that doesn't tell us anything about what you have in mind.

All this to say, maybe I'm interested, maybe I'm not; I don't know yet.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Ok well thanks for the tip! I'll add the plot later! And thanks for showing interest in it. :)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I'm assuming the plot wasn't there before. All said, though, I don't really have much time on my hands now, but this seems like an interesting RP nonetheless. I hope things work out... let's make a strong RP community here on Squidboards... maybe we can even get the mods to make us a section. >:P

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Eh, I'll bite. Peer pressure to write would be good for me anyway.

Inkling's Name: Sophia Latimanus
Inkling's Main Weapon Used for Turf Wars:
New Squiffer and Custom E-Liter 3K
Eye Color:
Brown
Hair Color:
Is sticking to a single hair color even possible?
Hairstyle:
Six arms make up her bangs, which reach down to her eyebrows, and the two arms framing her face form a low bob. Her hair is shorter in the back, with a wavy fin instead of more arms.
Clothing:
Retro Specs, School Uniform, and Cream Hi-Tops.
Personality:
Prefers Tower Control to Turf Wars and Turf Wars to Splat Zones. A bit of a wallflower that knows everybody, though few people know her. She loves to strike up conversation with anyone and everyone, but takes on more of a listener role and rarely leaves much of a lasting impression beyond her odd choice to wear a school uniform outside of school (she's not particularly studious, she just thinks it's a cute look). She's very polite and respectful to everyone regardless of their style, up until you try to tell her what to do, at which point she becomes as stubborn as a mule and a bit unnecessarily rude to boot. Never swears (though she knows all the words); she is extremely lewd in mind though never speaks a word that'd clue people in to this fact. She's farsighted, and often misses things right in front of her. Has a taste for shrimp.
Special Features:
She appears to have freckles, but really she's just manipulating her chromatophores to look that way. She sometimes forgets to even show them.
Inkling's Gender:
Female
General Hobbies:
Eavesdropping, staring off into the distance (either in wild imagination or just to keep her eyes sharp), and singing (privately; she's not very good).

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Eh, I'll bite. Peer pressure to write would be good for me anyway.

Inkling's Name: Sophia Latimanus
Inkling's Main Weapon Used for Turf Wars: New Squiffer and Custom E-Liter 3K
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Is sticking to a single hair color even possible?
Hairstyle: Six arms make up her bangs, which reach down to her eyebrows, and the two arms framing her face form a low bob. Her hair is shorter in the back, with a wavy fin instead of more arms.
Clothing: Retro Specs, School Uniform, and Cream Hi-Tops.
Personality: Prefers Tower Control to Turf Wars and Turf Wars to Splat Zones. A bit of a wallflower that knows everybody, though few people know her. She loves to strike up conversation with anyone and everyone, but takes on more of a listener role and rarely leaves much of a lasting impression beyond her odd choice to wear a school uniform outside of school (she's not particularly studious, she just thinks it's a cute look). She's very polite and respectful to everyone regardless of their style, up until you try to tell her what to do, at which point she becomes as stubborn as a mule and a bit unnecessarily rude to boot. Never swears (though she knows all the words); she is extremely lewd in mind though never speaks a word that'd clue people in to this fact. She's farsighted, and often misses things right in front of her. Has a taste for shrimp.
Special Features: She appears to have freckles, but really she's just manipulating her chromatophores to look that way. She sometimes forgets to even show them.
Inkling's Gender: Female
General Hobbies: Eavesdropping, staring off into the distance (either in wild imagination or just to keep her eyes sharp), and singing (privately; she's not very good).
Very Interesting and private character! Can't wait to see how she plays in this RP! Your accepted and we now just have to wait for at least four members so two more and the RP will start (I can accept two more people at the beginning of the RP, but that is all. Once we get deeper, I won't be accepting people anymore.)

LightningBolt

Inkling
Edited, probably brother-proof version.

Inkling name: Bolt
Main Weapon: Dual Squelcher
Eye Color: Yellow
Hair Color: Multiple I guess? (Hair color changes with ink color)
Hairstyle: Four tentacles in front creating shaggy hair, other two tied at the back.
Clothing: Camo Hoodie, Yellow Glasses, Camo Jeans.
Personality: Outgoing and optimistic person. Known fairly well for surprise attacks during Turf Battles.
Special Features: Extremely intelligent, expert tactician and moves a bit faster than usual inklings.
General Hobbies: Likes playing Moray Towers for obvious reasons. Also likes running.

Last edited:

LightningBolt

Inkling
I mean, sure why not?

Main Weapon: Aerospray MG
Hairstyle: Regular boy hairstyle in game.
Clothing: Plain yellow shirt, black visor, yellow running shoes.
Personality: Isn't known well, very intelligent, quick speaker, pretty darn fast.
Special Features: Very bright (Literally, very hard to look at midday), appears to glow a bit while in the dark, has a brief resistance to water and permanent resistance to electricity, due to toying around with outlets too much.
General Hobbies: Likes going outside, exercising, and giving people short bursts of static electricity. Do not hug, unless you want to be turned into calamari.
Does not have last name.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
I mean, sure why not?

Main Weapon: Aerospray MG
Hairstyle: Regular boy hairstyle in game.
Clothing: Plain yellow shirt, black visor, yellow running shoes.
Personality: Isn't known well, very intelligent, quick speaker, pretty darn fast.
Special Features: Very bright (Literally, very hard to look at midday), appears to glow a bit while in the dark, has a brief resistance to water and permanent resistance to electricity, due to toying around with outlets too much.
General Hobbies: Likes going outside, exercising, and giving people short bursts of static electricity. Do not hug, unless you want to be turned into calamari.
It all looks good except for one thing. This RP is about just Inklings with different personalities, but to me it looks like your inkling isn't realistic. I understand you want something special on your inkling, but no Inklings have electrical powers, or any other supernatural power other than turning from a kid into a squid for that matter, so please fix this and I'll let you in the RP

LightningBolt

Inkling
It all looks good except for one thing. This RP is about just Inklings with different personalities, but to me it looks like your inkling isn't realistic. I understand you want something special on your inkling, but no Inklings have electrical powers, or any other supernatural power other than turning from a kid into a squid for that matter, so please fix this and I'll let you in the RP
Hey, I didn't write this! Must be my brother... Anyway, sorry for the disturbance. I'll fix this now.
-Is busy torturing brother.

Last edited:

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Edited, probably brother-proof version.

Main Weapon: Dual Squelcher
Hairstyle: Four tentacles in front creating shaggy hair, other two tied at the back.
Clothing: Camo Hoodie, Yellow Glasses, Camo Jeans.
Personality: Outgoing and optimistic person. Known fairly well for surprise attacks during Turf Battles.
Special Features: Extremely intelligent, expert tactician and moves a bit faster than usual inklings.
General Hobbies: Likes playing Moray Towers for obvious reasons. Also likes running.
Ok, the moves a bit faster thing, I'll let that pass, your good! Just one more person and we can start

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Ok sorry guys but I kinda got a busy schedule now and nobody seems to drag an interest to this RP so it's cancelled.

Tmc3102

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lalababy
Hey! I'm up for a little rp!

Name: Blakely Humboldt

Skin tone:
Tan/ number 3

Inkling's main weapon used for Turf wars: Tentatek Splattershot and Classic Squiffer

Eye color:
Blue

Hair Color:
You'll usually see her with seafoam hair from being in ranked battles a lot.

Hairstyle:
Two hair tentacles pulled back into a long ponytail

Clothing/hat/shoes:
Pilot goggles, Urchins jersey, Squid stitch slip-ons

Personality:
Blakely is a bit on the arrogant side, an affect of her parents being upper class squidizens of Inkopolis. Though she may sometimes be put on a pedestal, she definitely doesn't want to be seen that way in her favorite pastime, turf wars. She's very social with any type of kid, even if they're not the type people would think to see her with. She hates being thought of so highly all the time, and really wishes that she could just be herself, down and dirty on the battlefield. She's very open minded, though she knows when to keep her mouth shut, such as not criticizing others for not being fresh enough, though she really wants to say something. She's highly competitive in turf wars, usually getting splatted in battles trying to go in for the kill. One of her highest focuses in life is to become the freshest inklings in Inkopolis .

Special Features: She is left handed. She is also a bit above average height for a girl.

Inkling's Gender: Female

General Hobbies: Constantly shopping, getting tea from cafés in the Inkopolis plaza, and listening to her favorite band, The Chirpy Chips.

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Quick! Get the shock pads out, you ain't dying on me.

Name:Terence
Inkling Gender: Male

Race:Inkling (Want to be specific? Colossal Squid)

Appearance:Terence towers over the average Inkling He wears a yellow vest and a blank white tee, dark blue jeans and white trainers. He is neither handsome or ugly just between. He has purple/pink eyes

Special Feature: His height, because of this he can't hide well. But on the other end of the spectrum, his Kraken form is massive

Preferred Weapon: Heavy Splatling and an oversized Splash-o-matic

Family: Mother and baby brother

Personality: Slightly cold and analytical, causing him to frequently size up situations and areas to hold, no matter the odds. Explosive, causing Terence to get really angry once splatted. shy, quiet, out of battle which is quite a difference between his normally cold and analytical attitude on the field and he's lazy unless its important.

Backstory: He moved to Inkopolis from the cold southern seas when he was 10. His father had died to a terminal Ink condition leaving his Mother to carry the burden of raising two boys. Terence, due to this dilemma was distanced from other Inklings, due to his 'new kid' status from moving in and his intimidating size. Terence was sitting out on one of the many benches in Inkopolis Plaza, waiting for the Squid Sisters to announce the stage selection. He was surprised when they had shown the stages, dropping his Heavy Splatling with a stunned, gaping face. Terence couldn't believe someone would destroy the Stages that Inkling Players treasured greatly.

General Hobbies: Terence, in his spare time works on his writing skills. He also sits in the Battle Dojo watching players fight, which is pretty exciting if it's a tournament or a duel. Terence often sits out on Port Mackerel fishing when the maps aren't friendly to his weapons or if he's going out to think about things to write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom