• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatterscope: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Splatterscope

Lv Unlocked:
Lv. 13

Cost:

Shop Description:
"A Splat Charger fitted with a scope to allow for precision aiming. The range has been increased, but the field of vision is rather narrow."

Type:
Charger

Stats:
Range: High
Charge Speed: Mid
Mobility: Low - Mid

Sub:
Splat bomb

Special:
Bomb Rush

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Splatterscope.

Last edited:

Eiron

Inkling
NNID
Bomolochus
I'm not sure if this is actually the case, but it seems that the Splatterscope's laser sight disappears once it's fully charged. I've been splatted a few times seemingly out of the blue by them - can anyone confirm if that's the case?

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I'm not sure if this is actually the case, but it seems that the Splatterscope's laser sight disappears once it's fully charged. I've been splatted a few times seemingly out of the blue by them - can anyone confirm if that's the case?
If it does then I might make this my Charger of choice. The scope really does help with those long ranged shots, and it has a really good special and sub! I still really like the Kelp Charger though so I might just switch between the two depending on the map.

Ryan Stokes

Inkling
Any tips for a shooter who wants to get better as a charger? I have most of the weapons, what's a good charger for a beginner charger

sunfallSeraph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunfallSeraph
I just unlocked this weapon last night, and I really want to use it effectively, but I'm still struggling with accurate aiming. I changed to gyro like many people recommend to get the more precise aiming, which is nice... but then I totally failed to simply move around in a sane fashion. Gyro just feels awful to me for movement, so I'm thinking of going back to stick aiming and just trying again to get good with that. Which leads me to ask, what camera sensitivity do the scope user's out there prefer? I have mine pretty far down, but I still feel that the aiming is too damn twitchy. Should I turn it all the way down, or is there a sweet spot people have found?

(On a side note, I'd kill for a Hold L to Gyro Aim setting, but I'm not holding my breath.)

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Gyro just feels awful to me for movement, so I'm thinking of going back to stick aiming and just trying again to get good with that. Which leads me to ask, what camera sensitivity do the scope user's out there prefer? I have mine pretty far down, but I still feel that the aiming is too damn twitchy. Should I turn it all the way down, or is there a sweet spot people have found?

(On a side note, I'd kill for a Hold L to Gyro Aim setting, but I'm not holding my breath.)
I have it at -2 with gyro at the moment, it allows me to be precise while still not twitching around with every tiny bit of movement.

sunfallSeraph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunfallSeraph
Someone on another thread mentioned having an easier time with stick controls on the scope and gyro on the regular charger, so I went back to dual sticks last night and turned the sensitivity all the way down. I'm happy to say that, while not great, my aim has gotten better to the point that I can actually score some kills now. I'm still struggling on the points side though, so I don't feel like I can comfortably main the scope yet. I understand that my early game role should be to take my team's sniper nest ASAP then spread ink over the choke point until the main conflict there begins. I suppose it's after one side or the other breaks through choke that I start feeling kinda lost and useless. If an enemy breaks through to our side (and they do, I'm not good enough yet to reliably stop them), I can't comfortably chase them down because I'm not likely to win in close quarters, but it's also pretty dangerous for me to stay put because now I'm at risk of getting ganked from behind while I've got my scope up. It's less stressful if my team is the one pushing through because I can usually fall back to assaulting the enemy's sniper nest in an effort to take their high ground, but I wasn't having much luck testing this scenario out.

Also let it be said that Jet Squelchers are a ***** to deal with when lugging a scope around. It's trivial for one to destroy your nest and take you with it. Squid forbid you get spotted on level ground with one of them, uncharged shots aren't going to help you.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Someone on another thread mentioned having an easier time with stick controls on the scope and gyro on the regular charger, so I went back to dual sticks last night and turned the sensitivity all the way down. I'm happy to say that, while not great, my aim has gotten better to the point that I can actually score some kills now. I'm still struggling on the points side though, so I don't feel like I can comfortably main the scope yet. I understand that my early game role should be to take my team's sniper nest ASAP then spread ink over the choke point until the main conflict there begins. I suppose it's after one side or the other breaks through choke that I start feeling kinda lost and useless. If an enemy breaks through to our side (and they do, I'm not good enough yet to reliably stop them), I can't comfortably chase them down because I'm not likely to win in close quarters, but it's also pretty dangerous for me to stay put because now I'm at risk of getting ganked from behind while I've got my scope up. It's less stressful if my team is the one pushing through because I can usually fall back to assaulting the enemy's sniper nest in an effort to take their high ground, but I wasn't having much luck testing this scenario out.

Also let it be said that Jet Squelchers are a ***** to deal with when lugging a scope around. It's trivial for one to destroy your nest and take you with it. Squid forbid you get spotted on level ground with one of them, uncharged shots aren't going to help you.
TheRealCartererer runs the second Charger you unlock (name escapes me) without gyro controls and just got used to the dual sick with low sensitivity.Guess you just need to get used to it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsYeByaME9BNztk3qbOYsig

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
This weapon is godlike on Port Mackeral. So many blind spots, not to mention the map's linearity for easy inking.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
I'd like to know this as well. Is it known if the Splatterscope's laser disappears at a full charge yet?

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I'd like to know this as well. Is it known if the Splatterscope's laser disappears at a full charge yet?
Played a few Splatterscopes today and it looks like the laser does not disappear like we thought. Seems fair though if the thing didn't have the laser it could be quite powerful compared to other Chargers.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It makes sense it doesn't disappear, as it would make it a bit of an unbalanced advantage over regular Chargers when the Splatterscopes already have slightly increased range.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
Yeah, that makes sense. If the laser did disappear, I'd go as far as saying it would make the the non-scoped chargers useless, even if they give a wider range of vision.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, that makes sense. If the laser did disappear, I'd go as far as saying it would make the the non-scoped chargers useless, even if they give a wider range of vision.
Yeah, I prefer the wider range of vision myself, (being in scope mode makes me too disoriented), so if I were forced to use the scope version just because they were clearly better would leave me bitter.

Not to mention there isn't a Hero-Charger Replica Scope version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom