• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splattershot Jr.: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Figured we could start using these types of threads now. These threads are designed for people to quickly check strategies and info.

Splattershot Jr.

wst_shot_first00.png

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
Your Default Weapon

Cost:

Shop Description:
"Everyone's got to start somewhere. Good rate of fire and efficient ink use, to boot. Not the most accurate of weapons but it sprays ink so wildly that you're bound to hit something!"

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Low
Damage: Low
Fire Rate: Mid

Sub:
wsb_bomb_throw.png
Splat Bomb

Special:
wsp_barrier.png
Bubbler

Genreal Strategies:

-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filename: wst_shot_first00.png

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Splattershot Jr.

Last edited:

Palas

Inkling
NNID
JPalas
This is my favourite weapon from the testfire, the bubbler is awesome when the enemy team tries to amush you, I heard that Kraken can shut down the bubbler, I don't know if it's correct, but if it is then awesome, it's more balanced that way

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I can see a lot of potential with this weapon. Really balanced as well. Heard people say it could be better than the Splattershot. I do think the Jr. has the better sub and special.

Palas

Inkling
NNID
JPalas
Definitely, my favourite for now, willing to try the Aerospray MG

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Definitely a nice side-grade to the splattershot in terms of stats and subs/specials.

Personally might go with the AeroSpray but the bubbler is SO hard to pass up.

Guess we will all find our main weapon once the game releases.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I think, there is a neater and nicer what to do this whole, "weapon analysis" thing. And I highly, HIGHLY, suggest you do this.
  1. Stop making a thread for each weapon.
  2. Do everything on one thread.
I seriously, don't want this forum to look like the smash 4 boards, on smashboards. But anyway, by doing these two easy steps, you have will have a less cluttered forum. Hell, it looks a lot nicer. I suggest focusing on one weapon per week and or month. Once you waited said amount of time, move onto the next topic. But, before you can move onto the next weapon at hand, pool all of the useful information into the OP. Use spoilers and label them correctly and we will have everything all in one place.

ex:

Thread Name: Splatoon Weapon Analysis (This week ft. Splatter Shot) < change the name after ft. to w/e weapon is subject..
Sup this is the Weapon Analysis Section. Come chat about all the various weapons in splatoon! We change the weapon of subject, once x amount of time.
(include poll to decide what is spoken about next)
Splatoon Main Weapons
super good weapon

super coolweapon

@Warchamp7 can this become a thing plz. I remember the Stage Disc. in the PM section of smasboards being vary similar to what I'm saying.

Tentacruel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin0217
Yeah, I can see a lot of potential with this weapon. Really balanced as well. Heard people say it could be better than the Splattershot. I do think the Jr. has the better sub and special.
I'm not sure if the sub for the Splattershot explodes on impact, but if it did, that's an improvement in my eye.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not sure if the sub for the Splattershot explodes on impact, but if it did, that's an improvement in my eye.
It does, but it takes like a full ink supply of those things to even kill someone. It is way more efficient to just keep on using the splattershot.

The ink bombs are insta kills up close so that is a huge improvement.

Unknownkid

Inkster Jr.
Amazing weapon and set. For a level 1 starter weapon, its really powerful.
Based on the demo -

Second best ink coverage
Highest Rate of Fire
Besides what the Weapon Video states - it conserve more ink than SplatterShot due its Firing Rate and Ink Spread.
Besides its range and weak in damage, you can still mow down opponents within 4-5 shots. And trust me, it will happen fast.

Sub Weapon is Splat Bomb - Your standard grenade that denies players movement, one shot with 180 ink damage and bounces around.

Special - Man... this special. Majority of players believe the Bubbler really defines this gun. Its hard for me to develop an argument against this train of thought. Bubbler is an invincible shield (yes invincible. The Kraken doesn't beat. Neither does Killer Wail aka the Strongest Special in the game) that last about 5 seconds that can share with your teammate and completely turn the tide around.

The fact this special with combine with Splattershot Jr is ridiculous. Do you know how fast you get special up with Jr? I guess we should be glad that AeroSpray or Roller doesn't get Bubbler. Though the Kraken on one of the Rollers is going to crazy set.

I already figure a strategy for Jr and against Jr. But I will hold off until a week after the game as instructed in the opening post.

Last edited:

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I think, there is a neater and nicer what to do this whole, "weapon analysis" thing. And I highly, HIGHLY, suggest you do this.
  1. Stop making a thread for each weapon.
  2. Do everything on one thread.
I seriously, don't want this forum to look like the smash 4 boards, on smashboards. But anyway, by doing these two easy steps, you have will have a less cluttered forum. Hell, it looks a lot nicer. I suggest focusing on one weapon per week and or month. Once you waited said amount of time, move onto the next topic. But, before you can move onto the next weapon at hand, pool all of the useful information into the OP. Use spoilers and label them correctly and we will have everything all in one place.

ex:

Thread Name: Splatoon Weapon Analysis (This week ft. Splatter Shot) < change the name after ft. to w/e weapon is subject..
Sup this is the Weapon Analysis Section. Come chat about all the various weapons in splatoon! We change the weapon of subject, once x amount of time.
(include poll to decide what is spoken about next)
Splatoon Main Weapons
super good weapon

super coolweapon

@Warchamp7 can this become a thing plz. I remember the Stage Disc. in the PM section of smasboards being vary similar to what I'm saying.
I would actually like to see a separate thread for each weapon type imo. That helps break it up a little more while still allowing discussion that isn't spread out everywhere.
I also like the weekly thing but I sometimes feel as if it hinders natural conversations. If someone wants to discuss the paintbrush and not the dynamo roller they should able to, but at the same time organized discussion is very nice to have.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sent my response into the the suggestion thread since it is off topic here. I will continue doing what I'm doing until someone stops me. You are free to make your own thread where we can coexist though.

Amazing weapon and set. For a level 1 starter weapon, its really powerful.
Based on the demo -

Second best ink coverage
Highest Rate of Fire
Besides what the Weapon Video states - it conserve more ink than SplatterShot due its Firing Rate and Ink Spread.
Besides its range and weak in damage, you can still mow down opponents within 4-5 shots. And trust me, it will happen fast.

Sub Weapon is Splat Bomb - Your standard grenade that denies players movement, one shot with 180 ink damage and bounces around.

Special - Man... this special. Majority of players believe the Bubbler really defines this gun. Its hard for me to develop an argument against this train of thought. Bubbler is an invincible shield (yes invincible. The Kraken doesn't beat. Neither does Killer Wail aka the Strongest Special in the game) that last about 5 seconds that can share with your teammate and completely turn the tide around.

The fact this special with combine with Splattershot Jr is ridiculous. Do you know how fast you get special up with Jr? I guess we should be glad that AeroSpray or Roller doesn't get Bubbler. Though the Kraken on one of the Rollers is going to crazy set.

I already figure a strategy for Jr and against Jr. But I will hold off until a week after the game as instructed in the opening post.
Yeah, the Jr is really handy at mowing down foes and the bubbler is awesome!

Actually didn't think much of the bubbler back when it was shown off in the November direct, but man it proves to be a powerful tool.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Yo, Splattershot Jr. mainer here. During the Testfire this was what got me a dominating 9 win-streak.I love this weapon. It's extremely easy to handle, and as long as you knew when and when not to bubble, fights were a breeze.
In my transition from the Splattershot to the Jr. and back again, I realized just how little you need in order effectively wield it.You have to get really close it kill, but you can just toss a bomb and fire away. I'm sure the Jr. will lose its popularity once the game is out but I think simplicity is key.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Yo, Splattershot Jr. mainer here. During the Testfire this was what got me a dominating 9 win-streak.I love this weapon. It's extremely easy to handle, and as long as you knew when and when not to bubble, fights were a breeze.
In my transition from the Splattershot to the Jr. and back again, I realized just how little you need in order effectively wield it.You have to get really close it kill, but you can just toss a bomb and fire away. I'm sure the Jr. will lose its popularity once the game is out but I think simplicity is key.
Hmm I think it will hold just fine. I think the real kicker about the Jr. Is the bubbler. The other shooter specials are about getting more kills, while this one is more team oriented.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yeah, I noticed that people are wrecking other people with ease with that weapon.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dunno, I can see the Jr remaining popular. Having a powerful defensive option in a game with lots of offensive pressure is appealing, as well as the Splat bomb being very strategic.

It is also the default weapon before you can buy anything, so people are going to get a lot of use beforehand with it.

I can see it having a presence due to to its all around nature.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
Personally, I liked this weapon from the Testfire.

I found it a good counter to Splat Rollers where it's inaccuracy was actually a benefit. By missing, it still laid down ink right at the Roller's feet, bogging them down, allowing you to keep going and flatten them. The grenades it comes with are always useful and you can't go wrong with a good shield.

Aerodrome

God of Thunder
This is the default weapon yeah? I thought it sucked ***. I was so happy when I could get a different weapon. Low damage, no range, inaccurate... What is the point of this weapon?

Low tier, or even bottom tier in turf wars at least.

DaBoss

Pro Squid
This is the default weapon yeah? I thought it sucked ***. I was so happy when I could get a different weapon. Low damage, no range, inaccurate... What is the point of this weapon?

Low tier, or even bottom tier in turf wars at least.
I would just have to assume you were using it poorly cause it is undoubtedly one of the best weapons for Turf War. It has a high rate of fire, one of the best sub and special weapons, and uses up very little ink. It, along with the Aerospray, can easily spread ink over areas efficiently and leaves very little spots behind.

Aerodrome

God of Thunder
I would just have to assume you were using it poorly cause it is undoubtedly one of the best weapons for Turf War. It has a high rate of fire, one of the best sub and special weapons, and uses up very little ink. It, along with the Aerospray, can easily spread ink over areas efficiently and leaves very little spots behind.
If you're that into covering areas with paint and having literally no dueling presence, you might as well pick the roller tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom