• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sploosh-o-matic: Analysis and Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sploosh-o-matic

wst_shot_short00.png

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
-WIP-

Cost:
-WIP-

Shop Description:
-WIP-

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
-WIP-

Sub:
wsb_flag.png Squid Beakon

Special:
wsp_biglaser.png
Killer Wail

General Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filename:
wst_shot_short00

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Sploosh-o-matic.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It's like Stormtroopers in Splatoon.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
As a Jr. user, this weapon is horrendous. While the TTK is 3 shots, the range is absolutely deplorable. You really need to be in the enemy's face to do anything. What a huge letdown.

Xeiros

Senior Squid
What an awful weapon. All it has going for it is it's 3 hit splat attack power and solid ink spreading ability coupled with low ink consumption. This winds up amounting to little when its range is shorter than both the Aerospay and Splattershot Jr. two similar wide spread guns. Its rate of fire is worse too. It doesn't matter that it splats in fewer hits than them when pretty much every weapon in the game outranges it. in fact it may just have the shortest range of any gun period. What a sad accomplishment.

You know a weapon is bad when even the lowly inkbrush is a threat. Any sucess you might be seeing with this gun in combat is temporary as players get used to playing against it which won't take long. This is basically what you'd get if you took the two aforementioned alternatives and pumped up the attack stat in exchange for range and fire rate. So many guns puke all over this one. Don't take this into ranked. You'll be eaten alive.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
I made a breakdown of the video if you guys are interested:

It's always a 3HKO unless your opponent decks themselves out with 3 defense up buffs.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Echoing everyone else here, I don't get this weapon. I mean, I get it is suppose to be opposite of the Splash which is accurate and decently ranged to not accurate, and horribly range...

But thats basically making the opposite of good. Which is bad!

I mean seriously, why would I want to get up close and personal when there are so much safer weapons that still kill in like 3 or 4. Heck, why not use a Gal?

How much is good ink consumption really when you can't even do anything with it? You are going to spend a lot of the time in ink anyway.

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
Why does this gun has a killer wail anyways? It should have a ink zooka to help outside it's range

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
This is a really interesting weapon, but it ultimately falls short due to its inability to handle ranged foes. Just giving it Splat Bombs would help a lot, and I'm hoping to see variants with offensive subs in the future. (Though not ink mine. As much as I love it, it would be the worst possible choice for a weapon like this)
It would be a shame if it doesn't happen, because the Sploosh is really fun to use.

Hrafn

Inkling
NNID
Thursfield
I've been a longtime charger until recently and went in thinking I would be eaten alive with this gun, but it turns out I perform well with it. Zipping around like a crazy shark and devouring people's faces (it really kills in an instant).

I guess it looks bad on paper but my biggest gripe isn't the range but rather the sub. Give me something to throw!

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
the only redeeming quality of this weapon is its design. This is the first weapon where I absolutely confidently say that it is surpassed by virtually every other weapon in the game. This is a joke weapon if I have ever seen one and there is really no niche for that thing I could ever think of. Ink Brush at least has an interesting gimmick quality, this thing's just sad

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I've been a longtime charger until recently and went in thinking I would be eaten alive with this gun, but it turns out I perform well with it. Zipping around like a crazy shark and devouring people's faces (it really kills in an instant).

I guess it looks bad on paper but my biggest gripe isn't the range but rather the sub. Give me something to throw!
I think the big question is "Why use this when I could use a roller which also gets instant splats?".

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Oh Man, I could not help but to laugh on my bum to all of the replies on this thread. It is exactly what I thought it would be! It is a terrible weapon due to a combination of a lack of range (a serious one at that) and a lack of a bomb sub that could easily soften that absurdly low range. The fact that it does not get Inkzooka is just the cherry on top.

Atleast Jr. had splat bombs
Atleast Aerospray had seekers
Atleast Splash had suction bombs
Even the stupid finger killer of a weapon known as the Inkbrush had a freaking sprinkler to distract enemies for heaven's sake

But this thing has.... Squid Beacon. Yeah baby, the enemy is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO afraid of my Squid Beacon!

Now it is time to play devil's advocate. This weapon is easily however the best flanking weapon in the game. It kills the opposition so much fast than Inkbrush, Jr., Aerospray, and Splash. and by using the squid beacons it can however super jump back to its flanking spots in a flash if the user ever dies with it in a battle. But it is a solid fact that I believe everyone understands that a weapon's sole offensive use should NOT BE ON FLANKING AND SURPRISE ATTACKS! (This is also a big problem with the Inkbrush as well.)

Senpai

Inkster Jr.
NNID
luigi8623
THIS WEAPON IS OP! I got 30 kills in my first game with it(tower control, A+). I think I'm gonna use this weapon in the next Splatfest.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From my tests in the firing range, this gun shoots as fast as a Jr. and hits about as hard as a Splattershot, which might be enough to top the Aerospray in terms of DPS (not sure about TTK, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also tops this category). I'd say this gun might be the "Carbon Roller" (minus the speed) of the Shooters if used right

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Wait, this thing has less range than the Aerosprays? I mean, I felt like its range was short, but damn.
It's a good thing the Sploosh-O-Matic has great flanking potential thanks to its decent fire rate and power, because everything else about it is just not right. It doesn't have enough spread to be great for covering turf in a wide area (that's what I was expecting when I looked at this thing), its range is seriously tiny, its sub-weapon doesn't fit its design (Squid Beakons are useful, but this weapon needs a bomb-type sub) and its special and its special doesn't fit it at all (Killer Wail should never be on a close-range weapon, at least in my opinion).
This might be an alright weapon, it's certainly good for ambushes (granted, so are Inkbrushes and Carbon Rollers, but still) and I've had some success with it, but it might have the worst possible loadout (even Echolocator would be better, at least you'd instantly get your ink refilled after using it without having to set up a murderspeaker first). I hope the inevitable Custom/Deco version has a better loadout (not that that would be difficult), like Seeker/Bubbler, or maybe Burst Bomb/Kraken.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Bear in mind that the actual DPS will be lower than just damage * fire rate, because the abysmal accuracy means not all shots will hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom