• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spyke can clone items

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I haven't seen any mention of it, but it is actually possible for Spyke to find gear that has the exact same subs as the one you ordered. I have no idea how rare it is, I've only ordered about 2 other pieces of gear besides this one, but here's the picture.

As you can see it's SUPER EXPENSIVE, 100k, but it's worth if it's 3 subs you want obviously. Spyke said something like "Look love, I found exactly what you wanted! Brilliant, innit?" instead of the usual "This was as close as I could find" line.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think this would be a viable way to 'clone' items by repeatedly ordering it from a friend until Spyke offered one with all 3 unlocked?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
From the wiki: "Spyke has the chance to get the same abilities as the original wearer on the clothing you ordered. This chance goes up with the player's level, and the more abilities that the item has, the more expensive it is. Even if no additional abilities are obtained, the item's price is still increased."

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Interesting, too bad no one I see actually have abilitues I like.

Ictinia

Inkling
The key word here is can. The possibility to clone an item is there, but it's just a question of how viable it is to order from him. The way I see it, you're best off trying to order a piece of gear that has stats you want. If you get the subs, that's great. But if you don't, it'd be better to just try and reroll from there. Waiting two whole days to pay 200,000 for the chance to get desired abilities doesn't seem to be wholly worth it. I'd rather spend a day hunting for an item and spend 300,000 rerolling to get desired abilities.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I mean you know right away if it's got the subs or not and if it doesn't you can just not buy it and Spyke will get rid of it at the end of the day, so you're never wasting money. There's still a good chance of spending a LOT of days trying to get a clone tho, and I have no idea what the odds are on it.

Last edited:

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I think that you can get 0-3 of the slots cloned. I've ordered a few maxed out items, and received them with their first abilities copied, but the rest blank. When I order items I try to make sure that at least the first slot is something I want, to maximize the chances of me getting what I want without having to roll.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I think that you can get 0-3 of the slots cloned. I've ordered a few maxed out items, and received them with their first abilities copied, but the rest blank. When I order items I try to make sure that at least the first slot is something I want, to maximize the chances of me getting what I want without having to roll.
Yeah this seems to be the case. It is worth noting that the fake contacts are 2 star, not 3, so the extra slot that was added by the original owner was passed on as well which is super nice.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Yeah this seems to be the case. It is worth noting that the fake contacts are 2 star, not 3, so the extra slot that was added by the original owner was passed on as well which is super nice.
Yeah that's really sweet.

Kyreshirem

Full Squid
NNID
Drone49
Now that I know Spyke can get gear with pre-added slots like that, I'm changing my signature for now. And I will keep ordering the specific gear until it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom