• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Tentatek Splattershot: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Tentatek Splattershot

wst_shot_normal01.png

Lv Unlocked:
Lv. 4

Cost:

Shop Description:
"A slick Splattershot deveolped in collaboration with top gear brand Tentakek. With all-new options, the Tentaek Splattershot ensures you'll be ready for anything."

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Mid
Damage: Mid
Fire Rate: Mid

Sub:
Suction Bomb

Special:
Inkzooka

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filename:
wst_shot_normal01

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Tentatek Splattershot.

Last edited:

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Huh didn't know that existed till now. Is it a re-skin of the regular splattershot but with a different sub/special?

Unknownkid

Inkster Jr.
Huh didn't know that existed till now. Is it a re-skin of the regular splattershot but with a different sub/special?
Pretty much. We know how the Splattershot, Suction Bomb and I guess the Inkzooka works individually but how does this weapon set function as a whole. I guess we need to wait and see.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just wanted to have thread out there at the very least, even if we don't know that much about it. Want to prepare for the launch of the game.

But yeah, this is like the normal Splattershot as it does have the same stats, but the subs and specials should allow it to play differently in theory.

Marilink

Inkling
NNID
altarofl
Just bumping this thread because I've been loving the Tentatek Splattershot in Turf Wars. All the rapidfire coverage/damage of a Splattershot, but with the range of the Inkzooka and the utility of Suction Bombs.

Suction Bombs might seem inferior to Burst Bombs, and in some ways they are, but you can really surprise people with these. Get the Suction Bomb next to them, and they are forced to move away from it, giving you a positional advantage. If you have them in a corner, they're basically toast if you don't mess up your aim.

And I don't think I need to argue for the awesomeness of the Inkzooka. Thing is killer.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I pretty much main this weapon, so here are my thoughts:

Suction bombs pretty much give you the burst effectiveness of standard bombs (in terms of area inked) with the near pinpoint accuracy of the burst bombs. They can be useful for scaling walls: stick a bomb on the wall, ink some area around you, then go up the wall once the bomb has gone off. While it's not as good as a raw killing device as the burst bombs are, since people can run away, they'll keep people away from say a perch longer as they'll have to wait for the bomb to go off. Also, if you can stick the bomb in a weird place, (say right underneath them and they're on a grate, or on a wall above their head), they might not see it coming. Thus, kill. I'm pretty sure they can't be killed like Sprinklers can be, but I could be wrong.

The Inkzooka can be a nice counter for it's limited range. It's one-hit KO ability can be useful in a pinch. Anywhere a Splat Charger would be useful (Say Port, Mackerel), the Inkzooka will also shine. Another good strat for it is taking out snipers or other people sitting on high ground. I've dropped more than one person sitting on a perch in like Arowena with this thing. It's main draw back is close quarters or downhills. Don't try and take out someone trying to scale that middle hill in Arowena with it.

Scootch

Full Squid
NNID
Little_Dragon34
The Tentatek Splattershot is one of the only guns I use. It seems perfect for any situation. I just wished it had Kraken instead of an Inkzooka, but whatever.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The Tentatek Splattershot is one of the only guns I use. It seems perfect for any situation. I just wished it had Kraken instead of an Inkzooka, but whatever.
It is considered one of the most versatile weapons in the game, so it IS perfect for almost any situation. The inkzooka is a big part of that though, as it provides much needed range to take out those pesky snipers. Kraken is awesome, but the inkzooka goes so well with this gun.

I'm surprised there isn't as much discussion on this weapon. It is a weapon that is good in any game mode: low skill floor and high skill ceiling. I would suggest this weapon to anyone starting out in ranked and wants to move on from the Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom