• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The History of Competitive Splatoon: Mid-LUTI2 Edition, Volume 3

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
<insert meaningful hook here>

Hi guys, it's KT again and this is going to be a really crappy intorduction. Rest assured I've spent plenty of time on the actual product.

As the competitive scene rapidly grows, with new squads popping up every day, many people don't know where we've come from, and what we've already tried in the way of tournamnet formats, and just overall don't know the need-to-know names of the scene. So, I'm going to fix that with my essay here.

This 1.5 spaced 20 page essay will take you back to the start of the scene, including links and all the resources you might need. PLEASE take the time to read this if you're interested to learn more in the origins of the community and where it has grown in the past 11 months!

If anyone has any corrections or questions, post them below. Thanks!

You can read the essay here. If you want to come back to it, you can also use this tinyurl link: http://tinyurl.com/CompetitiveSplatoonHistoryVol3

Last edited:

Kaede

Inkling
NNID
D0menic
>can't spell league or introduction
I'd rather not read this tbh.

eli

Senior Squid
NNID
frozenpandaman
jesus

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
As someone who did read this, my first question is if you did any research or actually asked people concerning a lot of the topics covered.
Seeing as how I've been around for the duration of it all, I know a lot of this already and just wrote it all down. Then I fact-checked with others that I trusted, many of which were the TOs/leaders. Yes, it should all be accurate.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
very lacking in the pre-august stuff. I could help out with that if you want, especially since I was pretty involved in the one thing you actually did talk about. That said, I did find it really interesting to read. thanks for doing this

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
I mean, you left out neoGAF, 4chan, and the entire Japanese scene. The only tournament you really described in great detail in terms of rules were IoS and Inkstorm, and you also never mentioned Choke Squad, who has been sitting in the top 3 spot for a while now.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Jesus Christ
Get a hobby
a job
anything
This is my hobby ;)
This game has been out for less than a year.
And? Doesn't mean there's not enough to write about, as I prove.
I mean, you left out neoGAF, 4chan, and the entire Japanese scene. The only tournament you really described in great detail in terms of rules were IoS and Inkstorm, and you also never mentioned Choke Squad, who has been sitting in the top 3 spot for a while now.
Of which I prefaced. I think I might have skipped over Choke. I mention the main part of the Japanese scene's influence on the west. I thought that was clear in my introduction.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Yeah, I like the idea, but it's just missing tons of content. And I don't think one person could actually talk about it all anyway. Would be a cool little project for a group of people though.

Also, it's really wierd reading things you did and participated in in third person like it was an actual important event lmao

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
This is my hobby ;)
Find a new one

If it's not squidboards it don't count

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
very lacking in the pre-august stuff. I could help out with that if you want, especially since I was pretty involved in the one thing you actually did talk about. That said, I did find it really interesting to read. thanks for doing this
So first, I thought I had posted this in the TO chat asking everyone to fact-check and such, so you should have seen this coming. But what else was there to include major from pre-august? A couple of turf war tourneys maybe that really shouldn't matter now as we don't play turf anymore.

But if you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Discord messaging works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom