• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Abbreviations

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Possible official weapon abbreviations for efficiency in both written and spoken communication.

Splattershot-SS

Tentatek Splattershot-TSS

Splattershot Jr.-SSJR

Custom Splattershot Jr.-CSSJR

Splattershot Pro-SSP

Forge Splattershot Pro-FSSP

.52 Gal.-52G

.52 Gal. Deco-52GD

.96 Gal.-96G

.96 Gal. Deco-96GD

Aerospray MG-ASMG

Aerospray RG-ASRG

N-Zap '85-NZ85

N-Zap '89-NZ89

Jet Squelcher-JS

Custom Jet Squelcher-CJS

Dual Squelcher-DS

Custom Dual Squelcher-CDS

Splash-o-Matic-SaOM

Neo Splash-o-Matic-NSaOM

Sploosh-o-Matic-SoOM

Neo Sploosh-o-Matic-NSoOM

L-3 Nozzlenose-L3NN

L-3 Nozzlenose D-L3NND

H-3 Nozzlenose-H3NN

H-3 Nozzlenose D-H3NND

Blaster-B

Custom Blaster-CB

Rapid Blaster-RB

Rapid Blaster Deco-RBD

Luna Blaster-LB

Luna Blaster Neo-LBN

Range Blaster-RnB

Custom Range Blaster-CRnB

Rapid Blaster Pro-RBP

Rapid Blaster Pro Deco-RBPD

Hero Shot-HS

Octoshot-OS

Splat Roller-SR

Krak-on-Splat Roller-KOSR

Dynamo Roller-DR

Gold Dynamo Roller-GDR

Carbon Roller-CR

Carbon Roller Deco-CRD

Inkbrush-IB

Inkbrush Nouveau-IBN

Octobrush-OB

Octobrush Nouveau-OBN

Hero Roller-HR

Splat Charger-SC

Kelp Splat Charger-KSC

Classic Squiffer-CS

New Squiffer-NS

E-Liter 3K-EL3K

Custom E-Liter 3K-CEL3K

Splatterscope-SSC

Kelp Splatterscope-KSSC

E-Liter 3K Scope-EL3KS

Custom E-Liter 3K Scope-CEL3KS

Bamboozler 14 MK I-B14MK1

Bamboozler 14 MK II-B14MK2

Hero Charger-HC

Heavy Splattling-HSt

Heavy Splattling Deco-HStD

Mini Splattling-MSt

Zink Mini Splattling-ZMSt

Hydra Splattling-HdSt

Custom Hydra Splattling-CHdSt

Slosher-S

Slosher Deco-SD

Tri-Slosher-TS

Tri-Slosher Nouveau-TSN

Sloshing Machine-SM

Sloshing Machine Neo-SMN

All future weapon names, when revealed, will be added respectively. These are only the ones we know the names of currently. The on-disc BigBall_Launchers 1 and 2 (most likely the powerful version of the Slosher and its custom variant) still need their names revealed, and we will still be getting many free off-disc weapons that we have no means of knowing the names of as of now. Please leave feedback on these potential abbreviations about what is good and what can be changed.

EDIT: Those names have been revealed. The Sloshing Machines are now added to the abbreviation list.

Last edited:

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I am never going to remember all of these
That's okay. XD These abbreviations are meant for efficiency, not exactly memorization. For little shortcuts where instead of having to say "Custom E-Liter 3K Scope" one would just type CEL3KS and it would be understood.

Book Jacket

Inkling
We don't need every part of each weapon's name. There are no E-Liters that don't have 3k, for example. So they can simply be EL and CEL, or E3K and C3K. The idea with abbreviation is to keep it short.

Krak-on Splat Roller can just be KSR. Rapid Blaster Pro Deco can just be RPD - rapid pro deco. An effective abbreviation system doesn't need to encompass every part of each name, just what's important and not confusing. Any abbreviation over 4 letters is probably too much.

Other examples: the junior can just be Jr. L-3 Nozzlenose D can just be L3D, same for H3D. I think that about covers it.

Anyway, thanks for getting some community abbreviation going. I don't think anyone wants to say Rapid Blaster Pro Deco & Knuckles every single time they refer to it.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
[QUOTE="Book Jacket, post: 73571, member: 4658Anyway, thanks for getting some community abbreviation going. I don't think anyone wants to say Rapid Blaster Pro Deco & Knuckles every single time they refer to it.[/QUOTE]
You're welcome! :)And indeed, it's already pain enough to say Krak-on-Splat Roller because no one understands me when I say KOSR. And, I mean, you know how common that weapon is. :/

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
We don't need every part of each weapon's name. There are no E-Liters that don't have 3k, for example. So they can simply be EL and CEL, or E3K and C3K. The idea with abbreviation is to keep it short.

Krak-on Splat Roller can just be KSR. Rapid Blaster Pro Deco can just be RPD - rapid pro deco. An effective abbreviation system doesn't need to encompass every part of each name, just what's important and not confusing. Any abbreviation over 4 letters is probably too much.

Other examples: the junior can just be Jr. L-3 Nozzlenose D can just be L3D, same for H3D. I think that about covers it.

Anyway, thanks for getting some community abbreviation going. I don't think anyone wants to say Rapid Blaster Pro Deco & Knuckles every single time they refer to it.
Above was meant to be a reply. Sorry. Something got messed up in the posting.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
UPDATE: With the latest patch, the data for the heavy-hitting Sloshers has been finished, revealing both their look and their names: the Sloshing Machine and the Sloshing Machine Neo! They have been added to the list above as SM and SMN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom