• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What is your favorite weapon in Splatoon?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Pretty self explanatory. Of all the announced weapons, which is your favorite and why do you like it?

Mine is the "Ink Roller" because of it's wide range of ink!

Also, this is just Primary and Secondary weapons, Special weapons are cool on their own but that's a different topic. :)

[Weapons]
(Thanks, @FunkyLobster !)

Last edited:

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
That Quick Ink Rifle is looking more and more tasty the more I see it. It looks like a really powerful and rewarding weapon to use, so I'll definitely be giving it a few good rounds.

Reactions: Lyn

WheelingSmasher

Inkling
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
I REALLY like the Roller, but that's a bit too close ranged for me (Played Kid Icarus: Uprising, and I suck with the Clubs. Similar rules apply between the weapon types.)

Xeiros

Senior Squid
What an odd question. My favorite weapon? In a game I've never played. Some of these responses act as if they query was which one are you most excited to try out first. You can't make these sort of judgements without actual play experience. It'll take quite a few hours before you've even had a taste of all the weapon sets Splatoon has to offer. Only then would I be able to taken anyone claiming a favorite seriously.

continuityOfficer

Inkster Jr.
What an odd question. My favorite weapon? In a game I've never played. Some of these responses act as if they query was which one are you most excited to try out first. You can't make these sort of judgements without actual play experience. It'll take quite a few hours before you've even had a taste of all the weapon sets Splatoon has to offer. Only then would I be able to taken anyone claiming a favorite seriously.
In many ways this thread is pre-emptive.
It will evolve.
Now it is a 'What one looks the best' thread
Then it will be a 'First Impressions' thread
and finally a "my main" thread

Lyn

Premium
In many ways this thread is pre-emptive.
It will evolve.
Now it is a 'What one looks the best' thread
Then it will be a 'First Impressions' thread
and finally a "my main" thread
I never really understood the concept of "Mains" in shooter games, like, weapons are situational most of the time. It seems silly to stick to just one. :P

myras

Inkling
Probably have to go with the blaster. the only real downfall it has shorts rang but I feel between the amount of ground covers, the damage it does, and how it can easily get to players behind cover it makes up for it. But of course my opinion might change depending on how the game actually plays either I am really excited.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
I'm a sniper kind of guy, so I'll very likely be rocking the Splat Charger or Classic Squiffer

Bobojack

Inkling
I cant help it but I gotta admit that Im a sniper/camper guy by heart. So I have to go with the sniper esque weapon.

Lyn

Premium
I'm a sniper kind of guy, so I'll very likely be rocking the Splat Charger or Classic Squiffer
I cant help it but I gotta admit that Im a sniper/camper guy by heart. So I have to go with the sniper esque weapon.
Nice, I'm sure those will be very popular. I'll use all of the weapons since a lot seem situational but I think that being good at a certain type of weapon will prove very useful. ^^

Bobojack

Inkling
Nice, I'm sure those will be very popular. I'll use all of the weapons since a lot seem situational but I think that being good at a certain type of weapon will prove very useful. ^^
I hope that not many will use it. I just love having a team with a lot of berserks who just go in while I can just support them behind them. I do that in all team games, I always want to play the support of a melee-attack based person. :D

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I'm always partial to sniper rifles in shooter games, so I'm really looking forward to trying out some of the chargers. It'll take some experimentation to find which one I'm most comfortable with, though.

Lyn

Premium
I hope that not many will use it. I just love having a team with a lot of berserks who just go in while I can just support them behind them. I do that in all team games, I always want to play the support of a melee-attack based person. :D
I don't know about that, it seems like the most popular weapon atm.

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
So far, the Killer Wail. Looks like the best thing to get someone lured in to, or do some sick juking.
EDIT: oh woops this isn't special weapons. I guess the ink roller is pretty cool so far.

Lyn

Premium
So far, the Killer Wail. Looks like the best thing to get someone lured in to, or do some sick juking.
EDIT: oh woops this isn't special weapons. I guess the ink roller is pretty cool so far.
:P Ink Roller 4 life.

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
Haha, yeah. It looks like it could really cover a lot of ground while squishing any foes who dare to tread in front. I think Squid Teching would work well with it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom