• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What other modes do you expect?

DaKid

Pro Squid
We have confirmation that Turf War and Splat Zones aren't the only modes for online multiplayer. What do you think we'll get in addition, or what do you want.

Capture the Zapfish.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I have no idea. I know I want a capture the flag type game mode, but I have no idea what Nintendo would add to Splatoon in terms of gamemodes.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Search and Destroy type mode I love this mode due you only get one respawn and it feels really intense and you see some great clutch plays out teammates.
Capture the Flag classic mode and one of the most fun.

Lyn

Premium
Search and Destroy type mode I love this mode due you only get one respawn and it feels really intense and you see some great clutch plays out teammates.
Capture the Flag classic mode and one of the most fun.
That would be really cool, although I'm not sure how it would play with all the Ink everywhere!

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
Race. Could possibly convert already established maps by having required waypoints, but that might be too unbalanced towards specific weapons. Probably better for one-on-one or four-way free for all. Eight players would be a bit much.

Also some sort of graffiti battle. It would play like turf war, except instead of the entire ground, you have to ink specific sections of the wall. Whoever controls more graffiti spots at the end of the round wins.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
if there's a ctf gamemode, i hope they add something to it to make it faster paced. pretty much all shooters ctf modes are really slow paced and get sort of boring, after playing it for a few times. tf2's ctf gamemode is a notable offender

maybe instead of capturing a flag and taking it back to your base, you have to surround it with a trail of ink and connect it to a checkpoint, making a sort of road to your base...? not sure what they could do to make a ctf gamemode more creative or fun

hopefully there's some really creative stuff that serves the game's core mechanics, like having to fill a dam or fish jar with your ink, and you can shoot the other teams to break theirs (obviously that's actually a really bad idea, but it's just an example of how they can take advantage of the whole ink thing)

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I don't think a TDM mode would be in the spirit of the game's primary function.

A 'Capture the Zapfish' mode would be welcome, however.

DaKid

Pro Squid
I'd yeah, FFA would be cool, that way we can choose our own ink color. Screw contrasting!

Lyn

Premium
I'd yeah, FFA would be cool, that way we can choose our own ink color. Screw contrasting!
Yes, I'd love having my own color in FFA. I really don't like being forced to colors, which is why I like FFA in Halo so much.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Some sort of deathmatch or capture the flag are the first things that come to mind. I've always liked payload maps on TF2, that could be fun in Splatoon as well I think.

Reactions: Lyn

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
What about some sort of elimination style mode? That would be pretty interesting to see in a game like this!

Lyn

Premium
What about some sort of elimination style mode? That would be pretty interesting to see in a game like this!
Oh man, these are all great ideas.. I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in mind.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I'm thinking that for CTZ they could do something like Transformers: Fall of Cybertron did. In that game you could change freely to your vehicle mode and get by much faster. Much like Squidding in Splatoon. In FoC they limited the ability to change forms if you had the flag. Preventing you from just getting the flag and changing in a jet to jet (Sorry) out of the other team's base. I feel a limitation to Squidding would prevent someone from making a path to your base, taking the flag, and squidding back to their base down the same path.

But besides that, I'd also like to see some sort of survival thing. Where you (and/or others) could go against an army of Octarians that start invading.

I LOVED FoC and if this game has anything similar to it, I love it all the more. :p

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I'll say it again- I don't think we'll ever see any game mode where the goal is killing the other people, since that kinda deemphasizes the whole main premise of the game- which is to spread ink. Like, I'd stake wages on it.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I also think Deathmatch isn't really in the spirit of the game.

I imagine that as Splat Zones is the equivalent of a "King of the Hill" that we will end up having an equivalent to "Capture the Flag". I wonder how ink will change the mode though, in Splat Zones it made so you don't actually have to be in the zone to claim it, which adds a different strategy to control the "Hill", and I don't have really any idea on how ink can change a CTF mode.

Also maybe they can add a mode similar to the balloon battle from the 1v1 Dojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom