• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wishing Cafe (Open to New RPers 24/7)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
It is said there exists a place in Inkopolis where anything can happen. All you need is a wish. A dream. A small cash payment of $3.99:

The Wishing Cafe! Where any idea you have can come to life (and a nice cuppa joe is only a few coins away)!

You’ve spent long and hard looking for this mythical place and you’re ready to make your dreams come true. Standing in front of the door, the cafe doesn’t look much different from any other.

But as you walk in, you find…

...it isn’t that much different from any other cafe. In fact, it might be worse, as there is literally only one item on the chalkboard: a cup of coffee. Just before you leave, disappointed, you see another customer ask the bartender for “the usual.”

Instead of getting a drink, they instead enter through a side door which you’d assumed led to a break room for employees. You only catch a peek through the door but it’s like nothing you’ve ever seen in Inkopolis.

Grassy fields, trees, woodlands for as far as you can see--an impossible distance to be contained within a cafe of this size.

You turn away from the exit and walk straight up to the Inkling at the counter.

“What. Was. That?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Before I go on, report rulebreakers to one or all of the following GMs by PM:

@ReedRGale

*Rule Breaker:
*Rule Broken:
*Specified Post(s):
Additional Information:
Anything with a "*" is required.
Okay, now for the actual rules:

Now then, welcome to the Wishing Cafe OOC/IC/Recruitment Thread! Here, I ask that you take a load off. RP casually. RP seriously. Do how you feel. All I ask is that you read the rules and not get in the way of other people and how they want to have fun.

The Wishing Cafe is a place where anybody can wish to be wherever they want. Whenever they want. However they want. All they need do is to ask whoever’s working at the time.

which will probably be me

So! Go where you want with whomever you want. If you’d like, duke it out with volcanos erupting in the background that shoot out Lucky Charms all over, be my guest.

Want a relaxing place where two Inklings can ponder the meaning of the universe while the romantic moonlight shines through beautiful bubbles? Done.

In the mood for an epic quest to save the prince from the clutches of the evil Cougar Queen and have the magical MacGuffin to take with you along the way? All I can say is cool story bro.

Basically, you can just write your own solo story here, or RP it out with a few other buddies in whatever scenario you want. The procedure is simple...

1. Set up a room in the Cafe.
    1. Include what the room will be like
    2. Include your character bio
  2. Ask people to join:
    1. Set a limit on how long you’re going to wait
    2. Set a player limit on how many can join you
    3. Give players a bio to sign up with
  3. Note how you'd like this to be played!

Example:

I’m going to make a room that has a long path that is very calming. I basically just want to bring one inkling along so that we can talk about things. Casual, post when you want, feel free to edit posts until responded to!

[Name: Jerry
Backstory: Jerry is just a kid who’s always been pushed around. He came to the cafe to find himself a reason to get back up because things have really been getting him down lately]

Player Cap: [Up to 1 More]

Bio Requirements: Just a name, age and backstory are important to me!

I do ask, however, that you follow a few rules:

1: One Character at a Time!

This may sound like a silly rule but it makes sense if you think about it this way: players will be tempted to make multiple characters and spread themselves among different peoples’ adventures. This has many intrinsic issues, like spreading oneself too thin, making it hard for players in other adventures to know if you’re talking to them, etc.

Just don’t do it.

2: No Godmodding

Don’t. If you don’t know what godmodding is please read up on it here. To put it simply, it’s controlling another player’s actions. Don’t attack a character without them having a chance to react. Don’t say how another character feels, they’re not yours. That’s now how it works--you’re not them.

3: (Please) Don’t Mary Sue

This is more of a request and less of a rule. If you don’t know what a Mary Sue is, I’d recommend you read up here. Basically, though, a Mary Sue is a character that has every answer, has no room for development and is basically boring. I can’t stop you from doing this, as what a “Mary Sue” is varies from person to person. But please try to avoid one. They’re boring.

Any reporting for this rule is fine. I will ANONYMOUSLY poke the person who is "mary sueing" and explain to them gently what a Mary Sue is... if I feel the report is valid.

4: Keep it PG-13

Remember, this is a kid’s game. We get a lot of people from different crowds and different ages, so don’t swear, don’t make topics explicitly sexual in nature, don’t murder things in a gory fashion (if that’s even possible in the Splatoon universe).

And yes: anything under PG-13 is acceptable.

5: Three Strikes and You’re Out

If you get reported three times for breaking rules, you’re going to get banned. I can’t stop you from posting, but I can certainly ask a mod to stop you. If you get banned, you can always appeal to me about why you think you should be unbanned, but chances are I’ll have seen or heard of what you did, even if I didn’t deal with it personally.

Just keep that in mind.

6: Don’t Falsely Report

Make sure when you’re reporting someone, you have a good reason. Even if it’s not in the rules, you can report them for being disrespectful, though we will usually just slap them on the wrists for that unless they don’t stop.

However! On the flipside, falsely accusing someone or multiple people of breaking rules they didn’t break is going to get on my nerves and as a result, it will earn you a strike, and three of those is an out.

So don’t falsely accuse others.

Final note!
I will be around, but note: this is largely going to be a player-run thread. Report to me or any accepted GMs for issues relating to the rules, but mostly, just try to be respectful and HAVE FUN!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Heey, this looks interesting! (Shameless boost, 'cause I know Reed actually spent time on this despite the terrible memes.)

BTW, if you want some scenario ideas, here's a pretty great idea generator: Here.
Also some more ideas on the 1v1 RP thread?

Just want to see if I can interest anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom