• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Back to School

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Inktober was coming to a close. It was a few days before Squid-o-ween, with many students conversing about what they were planning to do on said day. Some planned to party, others planned mischief.

Decorations of bats and ghosts adorn the halls of the school, along with posters of a costume party to be taking place on the big day, for those who decided to come. And chaperoning it all would be the new science teacher, who had started at the beginning of the month.

Welcome to the new Zapfish Academy thread! I guess it's version 3.0! However, unlike the last new thread, which was more of a reboot, this thread continues where the last one left off, mainly because the previous one was getting a bit too big, and we wanted a new starting point for anyone who wants to join. If you're interested, put up a profile in the OOC thread and an admin will get to you when they can!

The halls bustled as the students all rushed to get to their classes before the bell rang. It was the first time Mr. Porta's class got to meet the new science teacher, as when he officially started, they were still at Camp. Viola wandered in, looking about at the various cabinets filled with tools and beakers before finding a seat and lying her head down, staring at the ceiling. "I wonder how this is going to go." She said, a bit of worry in her voice.

[OOC: @Rustic @MacSmitty @Zerul @Lydia @Chaos_Knight @silly979 @Zawlt Welcome to the new thread! ]

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( The 51 page-long original thread is no more! Head to this one everyone! @Zerul Ask that on the OOC thread, and not here on the IC thread. In any case, it's been a few days after the trip. ))

Terence walked into the classroom, wondering who his new science teacher was. He looked around in the classroom and sat down near the back of the classroom. "I wonder who the science teacher is?" He asked himself, tapping his fingers on the desk, bored.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
[ @Zerul Sorry. I should have specified =/ Like Rustic said, it's a few days after they got back ]

Viola looked back to Terence. "He's nice. I'm sure of it." She said, chuckling a little nervously.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas hurried into the classroom and took a seat by the window. He heard about this new teacher during the day and wondered who it would be.
"Hello my fellow companions!" He greets Viola and Terence from his seat.
@TACarbuncle @Rustic

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
(Not that it matters in any way whatsoever I attached what will be my theme song for this RP in my signature, other than that feel free to ignore this small message)

As Zawlt was making his way to the classroom he was suddenly slapped in the chest from behind. He immediately reached for the hand, but it and the person immediately ran away. "Yeesh, what was that abou-" he cut off his inner thought as he placed a hand on his chest to notice a note stuck to him. He read it and just groaned from what it said, "Again with this? If they can't just speak with me like a normal person I won't even waste my time with them," he thought as he balled up the note and tossed it in the trash as he walked in the classroom. With that out of his thoughts he proceeded to find a seat. For a science classroom it seemed pretty small to him. It wasn't until he found a seat that he noticed the other three in the room with him, "Oh, my mind must've been somewhere else 'cause I didn't notice any of you in here," he said as he sat down, "so, how's things been with you guys?" he asked.

@TACarbuncle @Rustic @MacSmitty

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul arrives a little late but somehow managed to beat the teacher to the class. "huh...Guess i wasn't as late as i thought i was." Zerul looks around the room and takes a seat near the back. His uniform was a little roughed up as he was wearing his power armor. He just didn't feel comfortable without it. Especially in such a new environment to him.

OOC: sorry about that.

@TACarbuncle @Rustic

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos had entered in and taken his seat, which was usually in the back. He was already so sleepy, it's as if he was ready to rest his head and take a nap.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos lifted his head and turned around to Viola. "I just wanna sleep some more..." He groaned with his eyes drooping down.

@TACarbuncle

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Never felt so relieved in my whole life!" Lucas replies closing his eyes. "I pretty much hugged every building I was familiar with when I got back to Moray Towers."
@TACarbuncle
@Zawlt

Last edited:

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@TACarbuncle
April bursts through the door, late to class as always carrying a mound of textbooks and other school supplies that looks like it'll topple over at any minute. She quickly takes her seat and sets her pile to the side of her desk. "S-Sorry I'm late! Won't happen again!"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"You seem fine" Viola said to April as she rushed in. As Viola spoke, a middle aged, orange inkling with short hair and blue eyes hiding behind the frame of some glasses, wearing a rather neat suit, walked in and placed his bag on the teacher's desk. He looked about to the students and pulled out a list and counted them off. "We appear to be missing one." He said, looking around some more, expecting some kind of answer.

@Rustic @Chaos_Knight @Zawlt @Zerul @Lydia @MacSmitty @silly979

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"That's probably Lydia your thinking about." Lucas replies to orange Inkling. Turning to Zerul he says, "Zerul here should know where she is, since they do liv- I mean they're close friends." He cuts himself off before providing unnecessary that would lead to the two students getting teased.
@Zerul @Rustic @Chaos_Knight @Lydia @silly979

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Well, I'm sure she's fine." Terence piped in from the back of the classroom. "Lydia can't get in too much of a mess, can she?" He added, slightly worried. Trying to fix the awkward tension that Lucas brought up.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
Walking down the busy halls was a taller inkling, marigold tentacles pulled back as he easily parted through the crowd. Close behind was a smaller inkling, clenching tight to the back of his Forge Octarian Jacket. A backpack was settled onto his back with everything he needed for the semester he was to be in the academy. "You're going to be fine, squiddie. It's just for one semester and it will help you improve your communication. You want to make your papa proud don't you?" he questioned softly as he looked back to him. Gold eyes glanced up before giving the barest nod. "Yes, papa..." he whispered softly as they continued to walk before reaching the designated classroom where his class was to be held. The taller turned, the smaller letting go and he knelt down before him.

"I know you're scared. This is completely new and you actually have to speak with people that you don't turf with. I know you can do it. Now enjoy your first day, make some friends and I'll see you when the school day's over. Alright, Coerulus?"

The new squid, Coerulus, nodded again before hugging his papa and he returned it. Letting go, he stood and opened the door. "Alright, in you go. I'll see you soon." Coerulus heaved in a deep breath before stepping inside, looking around briefly, seeing that there were already a few students in there along with the teacher and bowed. "I-I'm sorry I'm late...this is m-my first day..." he whispered.

@TACarbuncle

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
The teacher looked over as the shy, blue inkling as he walked in, before looking at his attendance sheet. "Well, I doubt you're Lydia. The Principal must not have mentioned another student to me. Oh well. No problem there." He said, adjusting his glasses before motioning to seat in the middle row of the room. "Go ahead and take a seat and we will begin shortly."

@Coerulus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom