• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

↓ The Underground is looking to foster new players!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Hi everyone, it's KT here with another crappily formatted post.

Today, I'm here to introduce a new idea on squads. The Underground will be a temporary squad designed for new players to understand how a squad works, understand how tournaments are run, and get a feel for the overall competitive scene. While a player may experience a slight skill increase due to being on a team with current competitive players and receiving tips, that is not the goal of this group.

As I just mentioned, The Underground is designed to be a temporary group for new squids looking for action. The goal is to foster and guide these squids in the right direction and then send them off on their own. In order to do this, we are going to build a supportive community and have multiple teams within the group, which may decide to stick together and effectively 'rebrand' under a different name, or decide to split up and go their separate ways. This will be decided by the players and the players themselves.

Note that this is not just any squad for whoever to come and sign up. If you have experience playing in the competitive scene, this is not the place for you. This is strictly designed for new squids, and if you get caught, you will be kicked.

There will be multiple roles. Each role has its own set of responsibilities and each role has a different kind of people associated with it. Here they are:
  1. Members- These are the people who are new to the competitive scene that wish to be grouped on a team for a few tournaments. After one tournament, the team can continue on together or can rescramble, based on their own vote.
    1. Note that teams will be determined mostly on who is available for specific tournament days. This group will have no teams in the league.
    2. If a member has to leave for any reason they must notify one of the admins before doing so.
  2. Captains- These are volunteers on existing teams in the community that wouldn't mind being the 'captain' of our teams on specific tournament days. Not every captain will play with us for each tournament, and there is room for captains to trade off. We are looking for about 5-8 captains.
  3. Recruiters- These are current team leaders looking to recruit some inklings. If a recruiter wants to do their job and recruit a specific person, they must contact that person on their own accord via DMs. Assuming the action is a go, the recruiter and/or recruitee must notify one of the admins that they are leaving. There can be as many recruiters as there are current teams, but we ask that only one representative per team is in our chat. Recruiters will also be allowed to be 'captains' for tournaments if they express interest.
  4. Admins- These are people who are in charge of signing up teams for tournaments, getting teams together for tournaments, and overall moderating this and make sure things are running smoothly. For now, these people will be @ChaosHawk, @Static, @RocketClauncher, and myself. There are no applications to be an Admin, and if it is necessary I will ask someone to be an admin.
Application links are included with each role. Note that the discord server links are on the confirmation page of the application, so make sure that you read and click on the discord link to make sure that you get in!

Let me know below if anyone has any questions and I'd be happy to answer them!

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
Volunteered as captain!! I'll make sure new squids can get around the competitive scene

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
The Underground is still accepting players! If you're new around these parts, you can always join here if you're having trouble finding your first team!

I also wouldn't mind accepting a few more captains. Feel free, community members, to apply there too. :)

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Yep! There's an application link where it says "members". Click on that and fill it out :)

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
I can't apply now due to exams coming up, but I'll watch the thread and come back when I can since this looks like a very promising team.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
Btw how do you change your mii because I can't change it. You can't edit your console mii. Help?

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
Btw how do you change your mii because I can't change it. You can't edit your console mii. Help?
Click on your icon in the top left of the WiiU menu screen, then select edit user details or whatever it's called. You'll come to "edit user mii" soon enough. From there you can change the mii however you like, just remember to save of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom