• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

★ Usage Tier List! ★

What weapon do you main in Splatoon? (Please be honest so we can form the most accurate tier list)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Hello everyone! After posting my own opinions based tier list here: http://squidboards.com/threads/★-weapons-tier-list-★-v2-0.6312/ and receiving many replies on it I decided that making a usage tier list would be better fit for a game of this type. To do this I'm going to enter about 30 battles in Splatoon which equates to about 240 people and keep track of all the weapons used as well as put a poll up on this post asking what weapon you mainly use. I'll be updating this post as more data arrives as I plan on adding the new weapons when they come out as well as future data on weapons used by people. The tiers will be sorted out in pretty much the same way as Pokémon tiers with Overused, Underused, Rarelyused, Neverused, and then Undetermined. Undetermined will be for weapons that are very new and still need time to develop in the meta-game and the other tiers should be pretty self explanatory. (The poll will be grouped based on the overall weapon category so for example all Splattershot Jr. and their variants will be one category and all Aerospray and their variants will be another category. :D)

~ Overused ~

Krak-On Splat
Roller and Splat Roller - 25 Users

Tentatek Splattershot and Splattershot - 24 Users

.52 Gal and Gal Deco - 14 Users

N-ZAP '85 and '89 - 13 Users

Dynamo Roller and Gold Dynamo Roller - 10 Users

Aerospray MG and RG - 10 Users
~ Underused ~

Splash-o-Matic and Neo Splash-o-Matic - 9 Users

.96 Gal and .96 Gal Deco - 8 Users

Carbon Roller - 7 Users

Splattershot Jr. and Custom Splattershot Jr. - 7 Users

Luna Blaster - 6 Users

Splatling Gun - 6 Users

Splatterscope and Kelp Splatterscope - 6 Users

Dual Squelcher and Custom Dual Squelcher - 6 Users
~ Rarelyused ~

Splattershot Pro and Forge Splattershot Pro - 5 Users

Splat Charger and Kelp Splat Charger - 4 Users

Blaster and Custom Blaster - 4 Users

Jet Squelcher and Custom Jet Squelcher - 4 Users

E-liter 3K Scopes - 4 Users

Sploosh-o-Matic - 3 Users

Slosher - 3 Users

E-liter 3K and Custom E-liter 3K - 3 Users
~ Neverused ~

Rapid Blaster and Rapid Blaster Deco - 2 Users

Range Blaster - 1 User
~ Undetermined ~
Classic Squiffer and New Squiffer - 0 Users
L-3 Nozzlenose - 1 User
Ink and Octo Brush - 2 Users.
(Ran out of pictures so couldn't put in actual tier list yet.)
UPDATE 1: Added in data from 12 ranked battles.
UPDATE 2: Added in data from 15 regular battles.

Last edited:

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
Luna Blasters, Dual Squelchers, and inkbrushes dependent on what I feel like and what maps are in the current rotation

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Luna Blasters, Dual Squelchers, and inkbrushes dependent on what I feel like and what maps are in the current rotation
OK, I made it so you can now select up to three answers as most people main more than one weapon. :D

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From the release up to one week or so ago, I played almost exclusively the charger weapons and N-zap here and there, but I wasn't enjoying the approach/role of these weapons (though I still use N-Zap occasionally in Splat Zones, as I haven't found a better/most satisfying weapon for said mode yet). from one week or so ago up to now, I have been playing exclusively the Luna Blaster, Carbon Roller and Inkbrush weapons. They are satisfying, useful and look great on my squid kid.

Though I must admit the Inkbrush's usefulness is questionable...

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
What mode are you playing in, OP? That will definitely change up what weapons you'll see. The lack of any Splattershot Jrs or Sloshers or Aerosprays(!) is pretty crazy if you are playing in Turf War, even in just 12 battles.

Also noticed that the Nozzlenose is missing under the tier spoilers. Fun project for sure!

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I main the Splash-O-Matic, Splatershot Jrs, Dual Squelchers, N-Zaps, 96 Gals, Inkbrush, Octobrush, Dynamo Roller, Carbon Roller, and Range Blaster.

Trying to choose just 3 feels painfull.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
What mode are you playing in, OP? That will definitely change up what weapons you'll see. The lack of any Splattershot Jrs or Sloshers or Aerosprays(!) is pretty crazy if you are playing in Turf War, even in just 12 battles.

Also noticed that the Nozzlenose is missing under the tier spoilers. Fun project for sure!
This will be a mixture of 15 ranked battles and the data from them as well as 15 regular battles and their data and the polls as well. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom