• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

★ Weapons Tier List ★ [V3.0]

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Hello everyone! Today I present to you my take as well as my friend's take on all of the weapons in Splatoon as well as their tier list placements. Please keep in mind that this is all opinion based and that this is just our take on where all the weapons are located. In the tier list we'll be mainly looking at viability, competitive use, whether it's completely outclassed by another weapon or variant of the weapon, and overall the communities take on the weapons. This tier list will be updated as more suggestions come in so make sure to comment down below if you have anything you'd like to say! (Just for credibility purposes my friend and I have more than 300+ hours into Splatoon and are ranked around the A- range.)

Without further ado, let's get right to it!

☁ ~ S Tier ~ ☁

Tentatek Splattershot

.96 Gal Deco

Carbon Roller

★ ~ A Tier ~ ★

.52 Gal

Splattershot Jr.

E-liter 3K

Splat Roller

☀ ~ B Tier ~ ☀

.52 Gal Deco

Gold Dynamo Roller

Krak-On Splat Roller

Forge Splattershot Pro

Neo Splash-o-Matic

Splash-o-Matic

N-ZAP '89

Kelp Splatterscope

Custom Blaster

Splatterscope

Luna Blaster

Custom E-Liter 3K

Slosher

Blaster

Dual Squelcher

Splattershot Pro

Range Blaster

Last edited:

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
☃ ~ C Tier ~ ☃

Heavy Splatling

L-3 Nozzlenose

Custom Jet Squelcher

Jet Squelcher

Custom Dual Squelcher

.96 Gal

N-ZAP '85

Aerospray MG

Octobrush

Splat Charger

E-liter 3K Scope

Kelp Splat Charger

Custom Splattershot Jr.

☂ ~ D Tier ~ ☂

Splattershot

Classic Squiffer

Dynamo Roller

Aerospray RG

New Squiffer

Sploosh-o-Matic

Inkbrush Nouveau

Rapid Blaster

Rapid Blaster Deco

Inkbrush

Ok well I hope you guys all liked the tier list! Remember, this is all opinion based so please don't take it too seriously. If you have any suggestions for future updates be sure to leave them in the comments. Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Its alright, although I think the Dual Squelcher performs better than you have it. The .96 gal also seems too low.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Ok cool, I'll take your suggestions into consideration when updating it! This is a pretty general tier list for all modes although aimed a lot more towards ranked. :P

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Yo this **** is straight garbage. .96 Gal Deco is S tier no argument. E Liter 3k is objectively the best sniper outside of a handful of maps where the Splatterscope becomes more useful. Aerospray has almost 0 redeeming qualities whatsoever, they both belong straight in D tier. .52 Gal Deco has seekers and inkstrike which is redicolously less useful than its Splash Wall/Wail counterpart unless the map is Port Mackeral.

No offense but I don't think you can have a good grasp on what weapons are good until at least S rank.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
There is nothing like tiers in Splatoon...stop trying to create tiers. Every weapon has certain pros and cons. The only outstanding ones are maybe Dynamo Roller (very high range,huge ink spread,ohko aoe kills , good melee qualities / 1v1 - only letdown : flick startup) and Inkbrush (poor range, very dependent on stealth approaches,rather low damage output - but still u gonna find somebody who can play it decently) but these are debatable too.

And it kinda depends on the mode and the stage you play. Some weapons work better or worse there. Additionally,everybody favors something else cause style of play is different.

TL-DR: There is no tier list in Splatoon. It's fairly balanced.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
There is nothing like tiers in Splatoon...stop trying to create tiers. Every weapon has certain pros and cons. The only outstanding ones are maybe Dynamo Roller (very high range,huge ink spread,ohko aoe kills , good melee qualities / 1v1 - only letdown : flick startup) and Inkbrush (poor range, very dependent on stealth approaches,rather low damage output - but still u gonna find somebody who can play it decently) but these are debatable too.

And it kinda depends on the mode and the stage you play. Some weapons work better or worse there. Additionally,everybody favors something else cause style of play is different.

It's not really balanced as much as you think. There are definitely extremes at both ends from objectively great to completely underwhelming. Although there is a sizeable field of "decent", there's a lot to learn when comparing them.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
It's not really balanced as much as you think. There are definitely extremes at both ends from objectively great to completely underwhelming. Although there is a sizeable field of "decent", there's a lot to learn when comparing them.
Well,as I said it's overall balanced. While aerospray might be bad in ranked it's great in turf war for example. And there is no overwhelming good weapon in every single mode (maybe Dynamo...) and no extremely bad one compared to others (Inkbrush?) . Every weapon has his use in a certain stage/mode and style you prefer.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Well,as I said it's overall balanced. While aerospray might be bad in ranked it's great in turf war for example. And there is no overwhelming good weapon in every single mode (maybe Dynamo...) and no extremely bad one compared to others (Inkbrush?) . Every weapon has his use in a certain stage/mode and style you prefer.
.96 Gal Deco and E Liter 3K really stand out as excelling far above the other weapons of their categories. Dynamo isn't really that great aside from a handful of SZ maps.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Well,I have my opinion and you have yours I guess. We can agree on the point that a good weapon won't let you go far if you can't play it though. (especially E Liter 3K ,it's definitely not that easy)

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425

I view tiers kinda like Pokemon Tier list and base it on Usage (i.e. Overused, Underused, etc) so these lists generally don't bother me. I agree with your "overall balance" somewhat though. As a Nozzle-main who is insistent on getting to S+ with that underrated weapon only, I started to view weapons from a branch perspective. To emphasize, I am going to explain my Nozzle experience. For the most part, I have found the weapon wonderful in Tower Control. It is the only reason I am out of B- purgatory and am currently sitting in A-. That being said, in Splat Zones, while it performs well on some stages I found two issues that I felt would hold me back in ranking up if Splat Zones was the only option.

1) If an enemy pops up immediately in front of me and starts attacking, there is little I can do. If I pull my trigger, I hit them once and die. The enemy still will survive. Usually, I try to disrupt and fire my trigger to at least leave a parting gift before I die.

2) If the enemy team has the advantage (i.e. thier ink everywhere), I would have difficulty engaging and would have to rely on my team. The Nozzle has horrible turf spread, disruptors don't spread ink, and firing a killer wail blindly has poor results.

I thought about how to solve this issue for days until I saw the weapon leak list and immediately saw the solution; Nozzlenose D. For number 1, the NozzleD Burst Bomb sub and a trigger shot will at minimum guarantee a trade death and give me a chance to come out alive and with a kill. For number 2, the sub and special definitely helps breaking the enemy advantage.

Thus, once the Nozzle D is released, it is highly likely that I will use the regular Nozzle mostly in Tower and the Nozzle D in Zones. If I had to consider both rank modes, I would not be that enthusiastic about the performance of one of those weapons by themselves. But together, as a branch, its a different story, at least for me.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
tier lists are way too subjective.

as for my opinion on this tier list:

NOPE

but srsly the dual squelcher and splatling should be much higher on that list

Last edited:

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Wow! Thanks to everyone for the feedback good or bad. I'll definitely take ALL of it into consideration when updating the tier list. As for the other comments I was considering making a community based tier list as well as a usage tier list. What do you guys think of that?

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
My problem with a tier list is that in Splatoon it really is the player that makes a weapon good. For instance you have inkbrush in D rank but I have seen some players really make the brush work and own a turf war match. While I have also seen some pretty bad Krak-on players as well. As Xadus said above that any tier list is subjective.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Yep! After reading through all of the replies on the post I've come to determine that a tier list isn't that really befitting of Splatoon due to the nature of the game. I honestly agree with you seeing as though I put .52 Gal in S tier yet can't use it for anything. That is why I am now making a usage tier list! :D

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
My problem with a tier list is that in Splatoon it really is the player that makes a weapon good. For instance you have inkbrush in D rank but I have seen some players really make the brush work and own a turf war match. While I have also seen some pretty bad Krak-on players as well. As Xadus said above that any tier list is subjective.
I think this is bologna some weapons are objectively superior to others.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
I think this is bologna some weapons are objectively superior to others.
I am not arguing that there aren't superior weapons, I am saying a tier list is subjective on this matter because so many weapons fall into a category of being good to great when in the hands of somebody who knows how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom