• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

いち (1), first post intro

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
こんにちわ (hello) I am Momoko, (momo name in C-) since this site does not allow 2 character name (モモ) I am English native trying to learn Japanese so I am practicing wherever I go. I got S+ with スプラローラーコラボ( krak-on roller) old play, A rank current play in ロングブラスターカスタム (Range blaster custom) S rank new play (after "nerf") スプラローラーコラボ( krak-on roller)

The different ranks is because I reset to c- to see what I can carry and where I belong (some people say I suck) So here i am hi guys. よろしくおねがいします

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Heyo! Welcome to the Squidboards! It's so cool to see someone else trying to learn Japanese. You're so much better than I am though. I'm still trying to memorize the Hirigana characters. You're writing in Hirigana and Katakana! Anywayz, it's nice meeting you!

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Heyo! Welcome to the Squidboards! It's so cool to see someone else trying to learn Japanese. You're so much better than I am though. I'm still trying to memorize the Hirigana characters. You're writing in Hirigana and Katakana! Anywayz, it's nice meeting you!
I just know some phrases and letters of both. I am useless in kenji though。

My plan is to Learn the letters And Point them out like how I can point out the ones in my name. (trying to explain) umm like you see A and know what it is split seconds seeing that, I can do that with も、モ、あ、Etc...right now I am listining to frozen in japeanse to get to know the sounds better and do them in song. Also special thanks to parasyte anime for teach migi ミギ (右) (not sure how to make keyboard show that character) had no idea I knew some japeanse words before trying XD

but ya i am pretty much starting dw :3

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
You aren't Japanese?

Are you playing the japanese version of the game to know the names of the weapons in katakana?

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
You aren't Japanese?

Are you playing the japanese version of the game to know the names of the weapons in katakana?
No I look them up (it is hard, but because I know some things I can find them, スプラトゥーン, good trigger to start with, splatoon name in Japanese)
Maybe I should though :3 I actually thought of getting wii u and splatoon Japanese version. My mii is in Katakana from finding online mii. Luckily I picked a common Japanese name before getting into it like this. (I can type in Japanese myself on computer/phone though)
ももこ
that is my name in Hiragana ( ひらがな )

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Oh ok! You sprinkle japanese all over your posts so I initially just guessed you were japanese and randomly stumbled upon an english splatoon board.

I'm intermediate in japanese, I live/work in Tokyo right now (but I'm american) and know most Splatoon things by their japanese names since that's the version I have. When I first joined Squidboards it was hard for me to know what weapon people were talking about with the English names so I'd have to google them for pictures xD

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Oh ok! You sprinkle japanese all over your posts so I initially just guessed you were japanese and randomly stumbled upon an english splatoon board.

I'm intermediate in japanese, I live/work in Tokyo right now (but I'm american) and know most Splatoon things by their japanese names since that's the version I have. When I first joined Squidboards it was hard for me to know what weapon people were talking about with the English names so I'd have to google them for pictures xD
like I said in my first post, only doing that to practice it and to like, see it more to learn better. If you are actively trying to use, you learn better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom