• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

4.0.0 Update Speculation Thread

Cephalobro

Since Splatoon 2 will have support for the rest of this year, there will inevitably be a 4.0.0 update. What do you think (and hope) this update will have?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
A range and damage buff for the E-liter.

Wishful thinking, I know.
I'll be honest with you, I don't think it's going to happen; it looks like it was very much deliberate and that they'll compensate for it with the new sniper that's in the works. Assuming that the hackers aren't just pulling our legs, we've got some footage of in-the-works weapons, and one is a charger that has that kind of range.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I'll be honest with you, I don't think it's going to happen; it looks like it was very much deliberate and that they'll compensate for it with the new sniper that's in the works. Assuming that the hackers aren't just pulling our legs, we've got some footage of in-the-works weapons, and one is a charger that has that kind of range.
If I do believe from other posts on the general discussion, those hacks were fake and not in game weapons. Although it'd be sweet if those are possible buffs for the E liter.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
I'd like to see a new gamemode, or as much as I would hate it, a dualie that has a roll jump.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Assuming there's no other surprise new weapons, 4.0 if it happens would probably drop in October after we get the alt kits for the new weapons in September. Hopefully it'll contain 3rd alt kits, more hairstyles n pants, more gear, more battle maps, more Salmon Run maps, Splatoon 1 battle music, Off the Hook skippable, a new mode for regular battle, playable Salmonidlings, and a ham sandwich.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
playable Salmonidlings
Here's what I was thinking:

SPECIAL WEAPON:
Maws Bait

Throw a hunk of meat like a sub and watch as a huge Maws rises up to eat it splatting anything in his way!

Smallfry Summon

Call upon 10 - 20 Smallfrys that will stop at nothing to splat opponents

Cephalobro

I never knew I wanted this until I got a closer look: Replicas for the rest of the Armored Versions of various Hero Suits. Sure there's the Null Armor Replica, but I want the lesser version of the Null Armor Replica as well (the white-looking one). I know the only difference for the Splatoon 1 Armor are the fishing rod things on the helmet, so maybe they don't have to include that one since the cosmetic change is so miniscule. The Agent 4 Armor receiving Replicas would also be a great idea. Maybe the Octoling Amiibos can provide the rest of the Armor Replicas.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i also hope they will give the octolings more hairstyle options to choose from -w- i also hope they will create more brush like weapons since we only got like 2 types from the 2 current types we have...every weapon gets alot of different types of them but the brushes don't T~T

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
every weapon gets alot of different types of them but the brushes don't T~T
Give use like 2 or 3 brushes and 1 or 2 brellas and we'll all be happy :3.

I'd like to see two new hairstyles for everything (Inkling Boy, Octoling Girl, etc.), but then
Marina would have to draw them in her anime style in her plan.

Buff Undercover. Just do it.

And finally, new gear. It would be fun to have more things to play dress up with, and having more gear in styles that we don't normally see (formal, Octoglasses, etc.)

P.S. What if there was a Splatfest that sponsored Crocs? Like "What would you wear to the beach: Flip-Flops, or Crocs? Wearable Crocs :)"

techton

Senior Squid
Hmm, let's see.
-Better-balanced weapons
-Splash-O-Matic with Splat Bombs and Tenta Missiles or Dapple Dualies with Splat Bombs and Ink Armor.
-More matchmaking improvements
-Things to play in Splatfests other than Turf and Salmon Run.
-More Salmon Run content
-A feature that punishes players for not booyahing back.

the

Inkling Commander
-skippable off the hook
-sprinkler buff
-more salmon run stuff (maybe a new boss or wave type, or at least another stage)
-*coughs up blood* fix haunt maybe?? please?
-maybe that 8-ball mode that was in development, if they actually decide to make it a thing. If it is, I would rather it be a regular battle mode. However it would probably be a ranked mode unfortunately

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
-skippable off the hook
-sprinkler buff
-more salmon run stuff (maybe a new boss or wave type, or at least another stage)
-*coughs up blood* fix haunt maybe?? please?
-maybe that 8-ball mode that was in development, if they actually decide to make it a thing. If it is, I would rather it be a regular battle mode. However it would probably be a ranked mode unfortunately
What's the issue with haunt?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Sound customization would be great

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
What's the issue with haunt?
Only you can see the player. In Splatoon 1, all players on your team could see him/her. I'd want that, but remove the Respawn Punisher thing because then it'd be OP.

Reactions: the

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
A patch to Inkmine, so that Sub Power Up increases its damage.
No sort of damage up ability is allowed in this game, but they could always just buff the Inkmine's base damage. I'd prefer if they made damage from tagging (20) the same as the explosion (35) so you'd always know how much they took.

Cephalobro

Another one, allow us to get the gear from CoroCoro, Splatoon 1 was very flexible in making regions equal in terms of gear to get, while Splatoon 2 seems to like making things exclusive to Japan. Even region locking gear behind CoroCoro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom